IGNORED

Derby v Forest tonight

Hampshire Red

18 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

But Holden's actual record as manager here this season is about 1.4ppg isn't it?

Edit: sorry, 1.3ppg. 

39 points in 31, so 1.26 compared to Houghton's 1.38, which is about 10% more. I'd guess that'd have had us in the playoffs at least once and probably twice in the last few years!

Given Holden had the pre season and transfers too I'd say the job Hughton's doing is (or was anyway) better by a reasonable margin!

42 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

39 points in 31, so 1.26 compared to Houghton's 1.38, which is about 10% more. I'd guess that'd have had us in the playoffs at least once and probably twice in the last few years!

Given Holden had the pre season and transfers too I'd say the job Hughton's doing is (or was anyway) better by a reasonable margin!

39 points in 30.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I guess in the final analysis over the duration- it matters little if you won , draw and lost all your matches in that order or the other way around ..... if you end up in a similar position.

If you had won, drawn, or lost, (if we are being picky) not that you be would be of course, your (not you're) diction and grammar are beyond reproach.

8 hours ago, IAmNick said:

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

39 points in 30.

It's 39 points in 30 which is 1.3 so slightly closer to Hughton's 1.38. it's a difference of about 4 points across a season. 

I accept your point, Nick, that Hughton is doing a better job but I do not agree that it's as clear cut as you make out. Personally I'd expect Hughton to be doing far better than Holden given his wealth of experience.

48 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

It's 39 points in 30 which is 1.3 so slightly closer to Hughton's 1.38. it's a difference of about 4 points across a season. 

I accept your point, Nick, that Hughton is doing a better job but I do not agree that it's as clear cut as you make out. Personally I'd expect Hughton to be doing far better than Holden given his wealth of experience.

Yeah my mistake - I think I'd wiped the game before last from my memory!

Points is only one part of the equation of course it's perhaps just the most easily quantifiable. I think direction of travel/momentum is a huge part of football. I'm not saying Holden was the devil of course, but I think Hughton has done a pretty good job for Forest which will likely continue to get better whereas Holden was ultimately disappointing and going the other way and fast - as their respective clubs agreed!

It's quite clear cut for me, but I can totally understand your point/reasoning.

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://experimental361.com/category/divisions/championship/

He produces them before most rounds. They're based on his own xG numbers, he then models each round of games 100s if not 1000s of times to come out with these averages. It's not 100% accurate, and cannot take account of crap teams that have appointed big men called Nigel to take them to Europe, but it's pretty good.

Fantastic mate, I’ll keep an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

So, guys, if you are still interested; we got he draw we wanted from this game, we got the great result at Swansea today and if we get a win re Bomo on WEd', all i can say is you've missed your chance to take Coral to the cleaners. WE could be that 6th spot 'momentum' team

would love that but fear Cardiff will take that place - their form has been unbelievable since MM took over

Archived