IGNORED

RIP Peter Lorimer (Update)

RoystonFoote'snephew

15 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

That was fake news apparently someone obviously thought it a good idea to post on twitter that he had died.He is still in the hospice at the moment

Disgraceful.

I actually checked with WIKI and just assumed his page had not yet been updated.

Whilst such a post will, presumably, have been of little concern to Peter Lorimer himself, it will surely have been most distressing to any members of his family and close friends who might have read it.

Shame on the unfeeling, heartless imbecile who posted it.

15 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

That was fake news apparently someone obviously thought it a good idea to post on twitter that he had died.He is still in the hospice at the moment

You just wonder about some people. Complete tool for doing that.

On 02/03/2021 at 20:55, havanatopia said:

And I have to apologise for posting here... Although I got it second hands from a friend who supports Leeds. 

Aside from the obvious as Big Tone said I am delighted it was not for real. Come on Peter, fight this one pal.

No need to apologise,i saw it posted by a good friend who is a Leeds fan,i questioned it with him he then checked and was horrified at what he had done!! these people that do this sort of thing are just..................well there are no words.I actually told my wife (who is a Leeds fan) and she was just shocked!

There was a thread a week or two ago saying he was gravely ill but it has been announced today that he has passed away. 

RIP Peter and thoughts with his family, friends and all Leeds fans who have had probably the worst year in living memory when it comes to losing truly great players from their club.

Peter Lorimer obituary: An 'explosive and influential member of the greatest Leeds side in history' - BBC Sport

• The title was changed to RIP Peter Lorimer (Update)

Part of the Leeds side that lost controversially to AC Milan in the European Cup Winners cup final in 1973.

Leeds youngest player at 15 years 289 days and leading goal scorer over 2 periods at the club spanning 23 years. RIP joining his team-mates Norman Hunter, Trevor Cherry and Jack Charlton

Really exciting player on his day, always worth watching in a team that could otherwise be horrible.  Did anyone really like that Leeds team of the 70s?  Lorimer was very much the exception in being a genuine player who didn’t seem to have the cynicism that Revie appeared to instil in his players,

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really exciting player on his day, always worth watching in a team that could otherwise be horrible.  Did anyone really like that Leeds team of the 70s?  Lorimer was very much the exception in being a genuine player who didn’t seem to have the cynicism that Revie appeared to instil in his players,

Disagree. They were tough but played dazzling football as a team.

And of course three of the meanest - Hunter, Cooper and Jordan - went on to become heroes at City. Perhaps you’ve got the wrong goggles on.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Disagree. They were tough but played dazzling football as a team.

And of course three of the meanest - Hunter, Cooper and Jordan - went on to become heroes at City. Perhaps you’ve got the wrong goggles on.

That’s how I remember it, though I was thinking more of the team of the late 60s/early 70s, whereas Jordan came later.  So Bremner, Giles, Mick Jones, etc.  No doubting their abilities, but I remember not liking them at all at the time, and that was shared at the time by most of my friends.

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s how I remember it, though I was thinking more of the team of the late 60s/early 70s, whereas Jordan came later.  So Bremner, Giles, Mick Jones, etc.  No doubting their abilities, but I remember not liking them at all at the time, and that was shared at the time by most of my friends.

I would say Revie started with a very pragmatic approach and not a lot of flair - until around 1967  - but gradually added style. Johnny Giles was tough but also very skilled and they also had the likes of Eddie Gray, Allan Clarke as they upped the fluency. In the early 70s I would say they were one of the best teams this country has seen. Undoubtedly they underachieved in terms of trophies though - too often the bridesmaid.

Archived