IGNORED

It usually takes a new manager at least 3 or 4 games....

Top Robin

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I can't explain those results....maybe divine intervention! 

I think Pearson has got a bigger percentage of fans on his side than any new manager has for decades, I’m not counting Coppell.

i just hope he stays on, I’m sure he will. We’re not known as a hire and fire club so to have 2 managers that none of us would have ever seen manage, bar on a screen, would be disappointing to say the least 

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think Pearson has got a bigger percentage of fans on his side than any new manager has for decades, I’m not counting Coppell.

i just hope he stays on, I’m sure he will. We’re not known as a hire and fire club so to have 2 managers that none of us would have ever seen manage, bar on a screen, would be disappointing to say the least 

I was on holiday for a few weeks and never got to see live, Coppell in charge of a City team. I never got to see Holden  in charge either, other than on a screen (not that I’m complaining!).

Please let AG open again soon so that I don’t miss seeing any more gaffers!

7 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was on holiday for a few weeks and never got to see live, Coppell in charge of a City team. I never got to see Holden  in charge either, other than on a screen (not that I’m complaining!).

It was obvious from his body language that he didn’t want to be here. He snuck out of the tunnel ages after the team, looking really awkward. Everyone was really excited...apart from him.

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Same. I got married on the 7th August when we played Millwall, went to Rome the following day, and came back a week later. Picked up a paper in the airport in Rome, read the match report from the previous day which stated something along the lines of "Keith Millen, the caretaker manager something something something".

Had to read it a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly. Got back into England, connected to the Internet and then found out SC had walked.

In the space of a week, I'd already been married longer than Coppell was in charge for (during a league season).

?

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was living in France and never saw Coppell either, that’s why I say I don’t count him. I treat it like a marriage annulment, it was a sham from the start and should never have happened 

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Same. I got married on the 7th August when we played Millwall, went to Rome the following day, and came back a week later. Picked up a paper in the airport in Rome, read the match report from the previous day which stated something along the lines of "Keith Millen, the caretaker manager something something something".

Had to read it a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly. Got back into England, connected to the Internet and then found out SC had walked.

In the space of a week, I'd already been married longer than Coppell was in charge for (during a league season).

?

I too was in the holiday crew, was in Florida.  Saw the news on my phone. 

When I got back to the UK, got a bill from Orange for £600 for data usage. When I rang them to complain, they informed me that my holiday had spanned two different billing periods and the subsequent one was £350! ?‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, Taz said:

?

Sorry nobody should have to go through that but the fact you missed the embarrassment of the Millwall match. Hard to judge who git it worse really. 

I still believe he has a job on his hands here.  Certainly more confident we’ll end on a higher points total than what Holden would have. I hope that Pearson manages to enjoy it more than not, which leads to him extending in the summer. Then he should be properly judged. They’ll certainly be ups and downs till the end of the season. 

I expect us to come out all guns blazing destroy every team we play with a brand of all out attacking football the like of which has not been since Brazil of the early 70's.

Opposition teams will just stand and clap as they concede straight from kick off ,their managers will be reduced to tears on the touchline

Anything less and serious questions need to be asked.

It’ll be interesting to see how he moulds the side & how we set up for the rest of the season . Realistically we’re not going up or down so how he does coach us is the most important imo.

Will he change shape , will be be able to see a clear style of play ? Not just yet but by the end of the season.

If NP stays next season it will be a very interesting summer. Will we change coaches , bring in a head of recruitment , or he even gets a good working relationship with MA .

There will be a lot of OOC players about this summer , possibly with less wages being paid . That’s where this appointment could be perfect. The best free agent players will want to play for the better managers , NP could well be pivotal in this regard. 

Nigel Pearson doesn't strike me as someone who would just join a club "until the end of the season", I am

sure he will have joined us with next season in mind and be looking forward to moulding his own team for

the challenge, I think the short term contract was a safery net for him to get out if it went tits up this season.

If it doesn't go well and he leaves, unless we are allowed back in the ground this season we might never see

him "live" which would be a shame.

14 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I can't explain those results....maybe divine intervention! 

Or a fully fit squad

3 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Nigel Pearson doesn't strike me as someone who would just join a club "until the end of the season", I am

sure he will have joined us with next season in mind and be looking forward to moulding his own team for

the challenge, I think the short term contract was a safery net for him to get out if it went tits up this season.

If it doesn't go well and he leaves, unless we are allowed back in the ground this season we might never see

him "live" which would be a shame.

It does sound like it’s more the club pushing for the short term deal than him, maybe we can’t afford him if we go down

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Or a fully fit squad

It does sound like it’s more the club pushing for the short term deal than him, maybe we can’t afford him if we go down

If we go down from here, he would have failed spectacularly himself and we surely wouldn’t want to keep him on.

20 hours ago, Top Robin said:

...... just saying.......patience folks! 

I see you mistyped the thread title, as it should have been 3 0r 4 halves of games.............

Archived