IGNORED

Killers concert

forbespm

It certainly cannot go ahead, sadly. The date is the end of May and not within the dates when these type of events can resume, so no matter how willing its just not possible as far as I can see.

Many artists are rescheduling for the following year already. Reading and Leeds have been recently on sale and sold out, but in all honesty I can’t see that going ahead as no doubt we will be in restrictions again by then

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Many artists are rescheduling for the following year already. Reading and Leeds have been recently on sale and sold out, but in all honesty I can’t see that going ahead as no doubt we will be in restrictions again by then

I honestly don't think so. COVID rapidly drops off in the summer, plus every adult would of been vaccinated by then (plus 3 weeks for it to fully set in). If we can't have festivals this summer with the largest % of the country every vaccinated then we never will have festivals again. We have to move forward now and live with COVID. Next winter fair enough, but late August we have to be the most open we can ever be.

On 27/02/2021 at 12:25, RedM said:

It certainly cannot go ahead, sadly. The date is the end of May and not within the dates when these type of events can resume, so no matter how willing its just not possible as far as I can see.

Concerts can return from 17th May, albeit limited crowds. I expect, as has happened, that most would rather postpone than perform to a reduced crowd though

I don't think we'll be back in restrictions again when Reading/Leeds happen, I could see a potential situation where we don't lift them though.

That said, I've heard from some people in the events trade that Reading/Leeds ticket sales was about bringing money in and securing sales and they aren't actually confident it will go ahead. Not sure how true that is

I find it hard to comprehend us going from 30 people gatherings and limited capacity events to full scale 90k music festivals which are clearly not the most hygenic of places. I guess it has to return at some point though and with the rate cases are going down, we could have very few cases by then.

Archived