IGNORED

Got the buzz back!

SnozRobin

Don’t know about anybody else but this is the first time I’ve got that match day buzz for almost a year.  Partly due to no fans being in attendance but in a larger part just disillusioned with the direction of travel, I had almost lost interest.

Now buzzing thanks to big Nige, whatever the result today!

I am trying to keep grounded so kind of half buzzing and half realistic. Certainly feel much more positive than I have for a couple of seasons, however, time is needed for NP to make a real positive impact, so I have a phased approach in mind:

(a) get the best out of the rest of this season, while assessing the squad, staff and set up

(b) secure NP on a longer-term basis

(c) closed-season strengthen the squad and clear out as NP sees appropriate + reconfigure staffing as necessary

(d) at the of start next season we are a in a much stronger position 

I've had that buzz once or twice recently but I think it was interference caused by the people downstairs. 

I'm in the rare position of agreeing with @Robbored - anticipation has increased yes, but there hasn't been a single game under lockdown where I've had anything approaching a real buzz, and even if there was, RobinsTV or Virgin Media wifi would soon beat it out of me by kick off.

1 hour ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well I'm sure that will make all the difference Spoons. ? 

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a good one for Pearson to use in his team talk. We must put in a committed performance today. It’s essential we earn back the respect of ‘Spoons’ from OTIB.

I mean, maybe not specifically Spoons but I'm pretty confident the players will want to get the fans back on side so hardly a ridiculous statement. ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

No ‘buzz’ yet for me but plenty of anticipation and that’s been missing for quite some time.

Mrs Downend said exactly the same on the way back home from making a purchase in Anne Summers! :shocking:

P.S. Agree with your thoughts RR. Too many reactions have gone from ridiculous to sublime in a couple of days. Think that Pearson has a very tough job on his hands, but suspect that most fans are much more confident of his ability to achieve that than they were with his predecessor ( or even both predecessors}.

My hope os for a strong finish to the season and optimism for the summer and the next season.

Archived