IGNORED

Swansea (A) - Sat 27th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good morning Ostriches! Get your head out the sand it's matchday!

Made up speculation has it, that Nigel Pearson walked into the team hotel, shook the players by the hand, looked into their eyes and asked them one simple question. "Are you an Ostrich?" Whatever they replied didn't matter. His reply was the same. "Then get your head out of the sand and go beat Middlesbrough!" The power of his stirring words, and his steely glare inspired this ragtag bunch of freedom fighters. Thus the legend of Nigel Pearson's Ostrich Army was born. Given he could that with just a handshake, a question, and a stare, what can he do with a couple of days training? Expectations are ... well for you to vote on!

Rumour has it Lee Johnson is now studying a book called "Head Out Of The Sand Thinking and You" in a bid for self improvement.

Unfortunately for NPOA, we're playing Swansea, who are in great form, haven't lost at home in the league since October.... and have let in 19 goals in 30 matches! Yikes! They have Korey Smith whose leadership we "replaced" with Brunt and Lansbury. They're led by Steve Cooper an ex England youth coach as head coach. Head Coaches we know are trash, England youth coaches we know are trash, so Swansea's smart strategy and knowledge of basic mathematics has multiplied them together and turned it into a positive!

Any changes you'd make to the team that beat Boro? Sessegnon for Towler maybe? Perhaps we'll see a couple of new (for this season..) faces on the bench as the walking wounded return.

It's just nice to look forward to the games again!

Delighted with the last result but not getting carried away, one good game in a while and Pearson's only had a few days so not expecting a huge difference.

I am expecting more fight and desire than we've seen recently!

Swansea are a very good team and I think we'll fall to a 2-1 loss but with hopefully some good attacking intent (I voted 5+ shots on target!).

I've essentially gone for a 3 nil defeat in the poll. I just don't want to get carried away.

This is much more of a test than Boro, and I expect NP's involvement might cause some negative disruptment on the way to making things much better. Having said all that I'll still be disappointed if we don't win, and I'm expecting Fam/Wells to look like Mutch/Bull or even Turner/Taylor today. #COYR.

It will be interesting to see what, if any effect Nigel Pearson has today (it's early days really) but I would be surprised to see much change from the team that played so well on Tuesday night.

If we play like that again, I certainly think we could take the points today though we need to keep the performance up for 90 mins rather than 45).

Banking on KP 45 to give us some lowdown on Swansea's strengths and weaknesses too.

My hope rests entirely on the fact that it’s teams in crap form who beat us.

It will also be interesting to see how we react in the (quite likely) event that we go a goal behind. For weeks, that’s been the end of the game, as the players have visibly given up at that point. Be interesting to see how the new leader changes that. 

Dead right though @Prinny, just nice to be looking forward to a game again. 

It will take time for Nige to make a complete impact but I think we will clear signs of it today.

I am absolutely certain there will be a clear game plan and each player will know exactly what is expected from them.

I don’t expect too many changes from Boro maybe one or too after what he saw there and what he saw of the Swans the other night.

Happily take a point now.

Looking forward to NPs first game in charge and very much hoping it is the start of a long and successful era.

Expecting (hoping for) at least as much as the players gave at Boro although even that might not be enough against Swansea.

So I see today as the very first steps on a journey and thinking we will begin to get a sense of who is and who isn’t coming along on the journey.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I at least feel we have a chance today.

More interested in how we set up, and how we play.  We have capable players.  Bennett out will be a loss for them.

I'll be pleased if we can look anything like as good as the first half display against Boro (but over the full game), even if we lose today. As much as playing poorly became a habit (odd selection decisions, formations, and injuries aside), so does playing well, or at least competitively. Results follow performance.

@Davefevs - Hopefully we'll be able to hear your observations on NP's early influence on the team on tonight's Forever Bristol City Podcast?

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Every good run eventually comes to an end. Swansea are enjoying a stellar period, especially at home, but with every win they’re getting closer to a defeat. Someone will beat them soon and it may as well be us. 1-2.

Without wishing to undermine the optimism they got thrashed last week 4-1.

Archived