IGNORED

Swansea (A) - Sat 27th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It really winds me up when goal-line clearances, wonder saves, and desperate blocks in the box are described as "sensational, inspired defending".

Stop the shots, stifle their wingers, prevent the low cross into the 6 yard box, stop the free headers from 8 yards. Stopping that final ball, that's the inspired defending that I want to see. The blocks and saves are 50% luck, stopping the moves that make them necessary, that would show skill and organisation.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I don't agree with subbing him off like that. So close to HT could've waited. Sends a statement and must've been a bit embarssing for the lad. Probably felt like crap. 

It was definitely the right decision; beforr half time or not is irrelevant. As a poster above said, they have been targeting him from the first minute.

Good management.

Also, what would be worse for the how he feels, subbing him before half time or getting a red card? 

Just now, Alessandro said:

Not sure how it's 0-0 but i've said i'll take a draw today...so, so far so good. 

Unfortunately, we can't get Fam in the game today and Wells and Palmer both more wasteful and effective in possession respectively. Attacking highlight was a corner.

Great leadership from Kalas going over to Towler when he was subbed - seemed the sensible choice as he was on the yellow and under pressure.

Let's see what second half brings - Swansea looking very dangerous. 

Tbf we should be overjoyed with a draw today if we manage it. 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I don't agree with subbing him off like that. So close to HT could've waited. Sends a statement and must've been a bit embarssing for the lad. Probably felt like crap. 

Correct decision at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I do because he could have committed a foul 10 seconds later and Stroud would have got his red card out. This is Championship football not Under 23's and the Manager isn't here to make young kids feel better about themselves. He will get out on loan next season and be a better player for these experiences.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

This thread would be 40 pages by now if Holden was still in charge with those stats

NP, hopefully, will get the best from the players we have. Our fit players are particularly average to poor Championship players. That much isn't his fault 

1st half summary:

Blige....that was hard going.  Backs to the wall stuff.  Thanks to Bents its still 0-0.

Roberts is a diving bastard, looking for it every time.  Not saying he hasn't been caught, but not every time though.

We have to work harder though....we are quick enough to shift across the pitch, and we are tending to mark zones in the midfield, meaning Grimes, Hourihane and Dhanda just run between our men, who just seem to stick to their zone.

A slightly (???) better spell between 35-40, when Wells dropped in.

Good decision by Pearson to sub Towler....Ayew trying to con the ref.

Got to come out second half with more effort.

Fam has done ok with very limited service.  They are pinning him, so we need to look at another way other than knocking it down his throat.  He can go and stand in the other half and see if they pin him there.  If not, switch it.  He needs to drag players away from the passes intended target.

3 minutes ago, Ecko said:

It was definitely the right decision; beforr half time or not is irrelevant. As a poster above said, they have been targeting him from the first minute.

Good management.

I'd agree and the way Swansea were going- that little bit of extra time just before HT was necessary- I suspect that NP probably just wanted to talk to them with the score still level

Archived