IGNORED

Swansea (A) - Sat 27th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a turnaround. Who knows how many goals we’d have shipped if we’d gone behind like that under Holden.

Got that sinking feeling a tad when the board went up with seven additional minutes, and when Nakhi narrowly missed was worried that’s cost us but the Swansea keeper had other ideas.

Hadn’t scored three in a league game all season and now three in two consecutive games inside a week.

Staying grounded but it’s nice to have a spring in one’s step again after watching City instead of wanting to jump into Cheddar Gorge.

28 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Liking what Pearson is doing on the sideline with players.... top man management.

Make no mistake that was as much for the fans as the players. He realised doing it in the changing room would only have a partial effect on the wider club.

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

This is what we've been missing for a long time.

All for one and one for all.

What a difference from just a fortnight ago.

Proud of each and every one of them.

Well said, great turnaround after one-way traffic in the first half. NP used his experience to change the shape and we were competing much better. Then a harshly given soft pen against us , after Bakinson was cleaned out in their box, and to galvanise after that was just incredible. 

So pleased for KP, who aside from the pen, worked hard throughout. Onward and upward!

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know it isn't because you see challenges like that all the time (+no one is appealing for it), but why isn't that a penalty? Wells's shot just before the AS goal? He shoots just wide then is taken out. I realise I should probably know why, but I don't quite understand it. 

This got lost amongst the AS goal euphoria. Genuine question - just one of those things that has always bugged me 

1 hour ago, Clint said:

What I found interesting was when the camera went to NP there’s was Downing or Simpson and sometimes both always next to him.  When it was Holden he seemed always on his own.

Keep an eye out on future occasions. As for now a bit random and anecdotal.

46 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

I doubt it. It appears Keith Stroud's French cousin is reffing.

The French ref in Cardiff takes uselessness and blatant bias to a new level to be fair to Keith Stroud.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know it isn't because you see challenges like that all the time (+no one is appealing for it), but why isn't that a penalty? Wells's shot just before the AS goal? He shoots just wide then is taken out. I realise I should probably know why, but I don't quite understand it. 

Often wondered the same, it;s a foul anywhere else on the pitch and arguably puts the shooter off so no advantage gained by the fact they had a shot

If I kicked the ball out of play in my defensive third then got taken out, it'd be a foul

Yet again opposition fans blame their own players / manager when beaten by Bristol City; never praise for us.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/269246/page:7

For me 3 things cost us today :-

1. Missed chances & weak refereeing decisions in the first half.
2. Poor individual mistakes on all 3 of their goals - Woodman in particular at fault.
3. Once they equalised against the run of play it gave them a lift (as goals tend to) & we did not react either on the pitch or from the touch line - for me players at fault yes but so was Cooper.

We got lucky with the peno but almost looked like we were embarrassed about it & stood back to see what Bristol would/could do.

Archived