Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Swansea (A) - Sat 27th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Not sure I get the hate today for Stroud. 

He was the reason we could win that today. Towler could easily have been booked twice but he didn't do it. 

True, and he was generally lenient on City, giving nearly everything our way first half. 

10 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Not sure I get the hate today for Stroud. 

He was the reason we could win that today. Towler could easily have been booked twice but he didn't do it. 

Lots on here just hate referees, end of.

It becomes boring reading the same ones slagging them off week on week. 

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

This is what we've been missing for a long time.

All for one and one for all.

What a difference from just a fortnight ago.

Proud of each and every one of them.

Well said, great turnaround after one-way traffic in the first half. NP used his experience to change the shape and we were competing much better. Then a harshly given soft pen against us , after Bakinson was cleaned out in their box, and to galvanise after that was just incredible. 

So pleased for KP, who aside from the pen, worked hard throughout. Onward and upward!

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know it isn't because you see challenges like that all the time (+no one is appealing for it), but why isn't that a penalty? Wells's shot just before the AS goal? He shoots just wide then is taken out. I realise I should probably know why, but I don't quite understand it. 

This got lost amongst the AS goal euphoria. Genuine question - just one of those things that has always bugged me 

1 hour ago, Clint said:

What I found interesting was when the camera went to NP there’s was Downing or Simpson and sometimes both always next to him.  When it was Holden he seemed always on his own.

Keep an eye out on future occasions. As for now a bit random and anecdotal.

46 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

I doubt it. It appears Keith Stroud's French cousin is reffing.

The French ref in Cardiff takes uselessness and blatant bias to a new level to be fair to Keith Stroud.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I know it isn't because you see challenges like that all the time (+no one is appealing for it), but why isn't that a penalty? Wells's shot just before the AS goal? He shoots just wide then is taken out. I realise I should probably know why, but I don't quite understand it. 

Often wondered the same, it;s a foul anywhere else on the pitch and arguably puts the shooter off so no advantage gained by the fact they had a shot

If I kicked the ball out of play in my defensive third then got taken out, it'd be a foul

• Like 1

Yet again opposition fans blame their own players / manager when beaten by Bristol City; never praise for us.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/269246/page:7

For me 3 things cost us today :-

1. Missed chances & weak refereeing decisions in the first half.
2. Poor individual mistakes on all 3 of their goals - Woodman in particular at fault.
3. Once they equalised against the run of play it gave them a lift (as goals tend to) & we did not react either on the pitch or from the touch line - for me players at fault yes but so was Cooper.

We got lucky with the peno but almost looked like we were embarrassed about it & stood back to see what Bristol would/could do.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Hilarious how some posters who spent the first hour saying what rubbish we were completely disappeared, never to return, after our equaliser.  You know who you are!

We were certainly outclassed for 45 minutes BUT having a Manager who can make tactical tweaks to firstly keep us in the game (putting Wells in a more defensive position), hooking Towler before we were down to 10 men and then enabling a better second half performance is clearly what has been missing. It's called EXPERIENCE AND KNOW HOW..................

I actually think it was a good thing for Pearson to see us struggle like we did for 45 because it certainly busts the myth that we are this great quality side just missing a few tactical adjustments. Pearson will know he has work to do after watching that and based on what he's seen for himself can get on and do it with 6 more points in the bag than we could have realistically expected. I wouldn't worry about posters who don't come back when we win...........that has been happening for years.

• Like 10

I TRY to stay off here during the game. It’s been very difficult lately mind . 
First half was back to normal , dropping off , giving too much space. 
when we did have it, again it was like DH was still here, no belief , not wanting the ball etc. Understandable in a way after the run we had , confidence was fragile even after the win Tuesday.

What a massive difference it makes though having a calm experienced manager in charge. Made sense for him to go with the same shape / team from Tuesday , he’s said he likes the players to sort their own problems out but we’re not ready for that yet. 
left side constantly exposed so he drops Wells back to cut off the passing Lane. It worked for a few minutes but Swansea were exploiting young ryley’s inexperience plus being on a yellow. 
surprised at the start of the second half with a change of shape. Vyner going into midfield & what seemed a fairly fluid 4231/433 with the ball & 451 without it. 
What a transformation . We all of a sudden we’re out numbering them in midfield , sucking them in then pressing, winning the ball back in their half & counter attacking at pace .

The penalty seemed to split opinion on here. FWIW I thought it rolled down his chest & no surprise Mr Stroud wanting to be centre of attention .
To come back from that, get on the front foot & more or less out play Swansea in their own back yard afterwards was brilliant to watch.

all credit to the players & staff . However , having that nouse & experience made the difference. 
the futures bright its red & white .😊 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I TRY to stay off here during the game. It’s been very difficult lately mind . 
First half was back to normal , dropping off , giving too much space. 
when we did have it, again it was like DH was still here, no belief , not wanting the ball etc. Understandable in a way after the run we had , confidence was fragile even after the win Tuesday.

What a massive difference it makes though having a calm experienced manager in charge. Made sense for him to go with the same shape / team from Tuesday , he’s said he likes the players to sort their own problems out but we’re not ready for that yet. 
left side constantly exposed so he drops Wells back to cut off the passing Lane. It worked for a few minutes but Swansea were exploiting young ryley’s inexperience plus being on a yellow. 
surprised at the start of the second half with a change of shape. Vyner going into midfield & what seemed a fairly fluid 4231/433 with the ball & 451 without it. 
What a transformation . We all of a sudden we’re out numbering them in midfield , sucking them in then pressing, winning the ball back in their half & counter attacking at pace .

The penalty seemed to split opinion on here. FWIW I thought it rolled down his chest & no surprise Mr Stroud wanting to be centre of attention .
To come back from that, get on the front foot & more or less out play Swansea in their own back yard afterwards was brilliant to watch.

all credit to the players & staff . However , having that nouse & experience made the difference. 
the futures bright its red & white .😊 

Always thought this is the best approach for us, might well be moving forward- just seems better balanced and more secure IMO. With better scope to ournumber in CM and more stability to avoid 2 v 1 in wide areas.

2nd half vs first was night and day, chalk and cheese- reaction post penalty was great.

Best bit, other than the win of course, is we have a manager who said what we all saw I.e. we should have been 2 or 3 down at HT. no sugar coating or spin, just a real view and more importantly a clever reaction. As a player that’s what you want, reality of the situation and a plan to affect it. Thank god we aren’t hearing the previous head coache(s) who would have told us we did well first half, great character etc. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Kasey looks like a dog with two dicks there!

As opposed to a dick with two dogs.....

simon-cowell-is-seen-on-march-01-2014-in

• Like 2
  • Haha 3