IGNORED

FBC Live Podcast 6.00 PM - the Pearson era gets off to a flying start ....

headhunter

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=XpGbysaNu5K   Link to listen live / recording on separate link later

A 2nd away win in 5 days by a 3-1 scoreline and a level of performance that was a million miles away from Watford & Barnsley.

Bents kept us in it in the first 45 when Swansea had 80 / 20 possession and then a harsh penalty meant City had to come from behind which they did with aplomb.

Join us live at 6.00 PM

Loving the huddle at the end!!!!

If only we'd made the right appointment in the summer!!!!

4 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I'll be there,City never got above 30 per cent possession,don't care, its what ends up in the back of the net that counts.

We actually played so much better second half, even if possession stats didn’t improve hugely.  Swansea had loads more ball in their back line, but had much, much less in our third in the second period.  And we pinched a few balls higher up than we have in weeks and weeks.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I've got some awful puns to try out.

Compact and Diedhiou.

Kasey's bomb has got us goin' on.

Mind you I've already been trumped by Nahki's post-match comment on Robins TV, "we worked our bollocks off until the last second."

Wasn’t 442 second half....just heard you on 20Man.

58 minutes ago, headhunter said:

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=XpGbysaNu5K   Link to listen live / recording on separate link later

A 2nd away win in 5 days by a 3-1 scoreline and a level of performance that was a million miles away from Watford & Barnsley.

Bents kept us in it in the first 45 when Swansea had 80 / 20 possession and then a harsh penalty meant City had to come from behind which they did with aplomb.

Join us live at 6.00 PM

Sort it out.........can't hear most of it?

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Join us live at 6.00 PM

Maxjak was correct, the sound did cut out when you asked someone a question, all we could hear was you agreeing! 

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Join us live at 6.00 PM

Link to non live?

I’m enjoying this podcast, it’s obviously far more enjoyable when we win though. Plenty of good chat and banter. 

I think we all wonder why DH was given the job at the start of the season, there were some interesting thoughts on why this happened.

Just one point I would like to pick up on, regarding Swansea’s penalty, why did Ian?? feel that the Referee should have to look across at the linesman, when the linesman are linked up and communicating constantly with the referee. If the linesman thought it was handball, he would have instantly told the ref in his earpiece!. 

40 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m enjoying this podcast, it’s obviously far more enjoyable when we win though. Plenty of good chat and banter. 

I think we all wonder why DH was given the job at the start of the season, there were some interesting thoughts on why this happened.

Just one point I would like to pick up on, regarding Swansea’s penalty, why did Ian?? feel that the Referee should have to look across at the linesman, when the linesman are linked up and communicating constantly with the referee. If the linesman thought it was handball, he would have instantly told the ref in his earpiece!. 

A common fan’s misunderstanding that the Lino needs to flag....when (as you say) he’s mic’d up to the ref.

53 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A common fan’s misunderstanding that the Lino needs to flag....when (as you say) he’s mic’d up to the ref.

I get that if the Ref has seen the incident, and wants verification , but don't the Lino's still flag for the benefit of the audience (that's us that is) ? Otherwise why bother to flag for offsides or any offence? 

Always enjoy the content.

I posted the comment in jest, that I literally logged on and heard Ian say “..and that’s why our attack was totally inept” or something ?

It just made me laugh as I don’t think I’ve ever heard a ‘light hearted’ Ian.

Enjoyed it as always.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I get that if the Ref has seen the incident, and wants verification , but don't the Lino's still flag for the benefit of the audience (that's us that is) ? Otherwise why bother to flag for offsides or any offence? 

I know....as per usual, there are lots of inconsistencies in the world of refereeing.

Would love to know whether Lino or Stroud gave it.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

I tried this again today for the second time and really liked it. It works well as an after game live reaction. I still prefer OSIB and BS3 Talk but this is a welcome change and very different.

They’re all a different flavor.

OSIB is more irreverent, slightly more relaxed and doesn’t take itself too seriously.

FBC is more focused and instant. I don’t know if Ian could take it less seriously ? Nobody else make any noise!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know....as per usual, there are lots of inconsistencies in the world of refereeing.

Would love to know whether Lino or Stroud gave it.

I'm going with Stroud, the World doesn't need another Dick head.

TBF he has been decent at times this season.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Agreed, and they normally would flag for a penalty, ( well now they go to the corner flag) but he was 60 yards from the handball, so I would imagine the referee was closer and possibly had the better view. 

I haven’t seen whether the Lino did go straight to the corner flag or not tbh, but imagine he would of if the ref communicated it was a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Agreed, and they normally would flag for a penalty, ( well now they go to the corner flag) but he was 60 yards from the handball, so I would imagine the referee was closer and possibly had the better view. 

I haven’t seen whether the Lino did go straight to the corner flag or not tbh, but imagine he would of if the ref communicated it was a penalty. 

Looked at the highlights and Stroud does have a good line of sight, but from 35 yards I'm not sure how he can be 100% sure of the decision. From the clip the Linesman is at the corner flag, but that could be keeping in line. Not sure he was wrong, but it does feel s though he is guessing a bit.

Great episode again. First one au managed to catch live and interact with....even got a mention so that’s me signing autographs for the rest of the week. 

Just mentioned on the other thread I feel lucky to have both ForeverBristol City and OSIB. 

I see above we have BS3 Talk. Not seen this mentioned before, have I been living under a rock?

Can anyone shed any light in this for me please and point me in the right direction?

I love the time slot you use for Forever bristol, after the game and after post-match radio Bristol. Win, lose or draw its really nice to hear, replaces our time in the pub after the game. What is going to happen to it all when we get back to going to games? I for me will miss it alot.

7 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I love the time slot you use for Forever bristol, after the game and after post-match radio Bristol. Win, lose or draw its really nice to hear, replaces our time in the pub after the game. What is going to happen to it all when we get back to going to games? I for me will miss it alot.

I reckon we will still record it at about the same time but the number of listeners "live" may drop off.

The key metric here is the number of downloads [listens] of the recording of each episode. These have gone through the roof in the past 10 days which is reflective of what is happening at the club [Holden sacking, dreadful vs. Barnsley, Pearson's appointment, two excellent wins]. That number is 2700 which we're please with but don't how how that compares with the others. We've only been going 8 months and the total is nearly 18k! Our stats are shown on the front page of www.foreverbristiolcity.podbean.com - maybe we should look for a sponsor!!

We'll be live at 10.00 PM on Wednesday after the Bournemouth game.

Archived