IGNORED

Andre Ayew

The Gasbuster

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

It's been bothering me all weekend who Cooper reminds me of...............then it came to me, Charles Laughton in " The Hunchback of Notre Dame"   check it out?   And that would make Ayew.......Esmeralada the hump?  ?

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Scored a(nother - never, ever a) last minute penalty for Swansea against Stoke tonight.:facepalm:

Apparently a shocking dive by Naughton.

Swansea diving, I know incredible, isn’t it?

Saw it on Quest tonight.

If that's a penalty, we might as well all go home. Was so so soft...

Yet a head injury in our 6 yard box, that's okay play on!! Different referees and games I know.

Better comparison maybe the Kelly (I think) on Vyner at the end in the buildup.

Meanwhile at Norwich, I wonder if Brentford's non penalty was any less so than Swansea's tonight and Wycombe definitely were due one at Watford, not given!

Is it a contact sport or isn't it??

Another last minute winner yesterday, yet another soft penalty.

The ref actually seemed to change his mind based on player protest!? Originally awarded a corner but changed to a penalty.

That combined with Middlesbrough's disallowed goal was a disgrace. 

Cooper of course, said it was a nailed on penalty.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Another last minute winner yesterday, yet another soft penalty.

The ref actually seemed to change his mind based on player protest!? Originally awarded a corner but changed to a penalty.

That combined with Middlesbrough's disallowed goal was a disgrace. 

Cooper of course, said it was a nailed on penalty.

Not sure if it was a word in his ear, but he was right there and seen the tackle so there is no way anyone can tell him to change his mind in his earpiece. He pointed straight to a corner, a few protested and he then pointed to the spot. It was Gavin Ward so it isn't a surprise is it? The incident is on 2:10 (ish)

35 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very unusual to get a pen if fouled when shooting, that's if it was a foul.

Coupled with the shocking decision to disallow a Boro goal, lucky lucky Swansea

As Warnock rightly said, about the disallowed goal it was a goal or a penalty...yet they got neither!?

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Three pens, three games :noexp:

Or put another way, more in a week than we've had in a (League) season!

I used to quite admire them as a club. Rise through the Leagues, varied managers who played the right way, their own philosophy, not huge spenders.

Horrible now though, horrid. Their penalty vs us may have been right, albeit not stonewall.

How the ref saw it from that angle though, I've watched it several times and struggling to see how he can be sure how he sees it in real time from where he would have been on the pitch. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Horrible now though, horrid. Their penalty vs us may have been right, albeit not stonewall.

Last week on Quest, they said of the three penalty shouts Swansea had v us the one given was the least convincing. They reckoned the Jack Hunt one should have been given but not the Mapps or KP ones.

Did the ref realise he`d missed the JH handball and thought he`d make up for it perhaps?

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Last week on Quest, they said of the three penalty shouts Swansea had v us the one given was the least convincing. They reckoned the Jack Hunt one should have been given but not the Mapps or KP ones.

Did the ref realise he`d missed the JH handball and thought he`d make up for it perhaps?

That would make some sense. Rare example of evening out in the same game.

For us, see Pisano disallowed goal but then late penalty v QPR 2019.

However to even out over time, we'll need a shitload of bad calls fall our way in the next few years.

32 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He decided on the accumulation of “shouts for handball”.

@Son of Fred

Our pen vs QPR in 2019 was a bit soft- but Pisano's disallowed goal was evened out by this.

However we generally do not get the benefit with refs- thinking back to that season alone off the top of my head:

1. Semenyo straight red vs Derby at home, had we won we may well have made the playoffs?
  2. Aston Villa away- a) Weimann's disallowed goal and b) Their penalty. Same game!
  3. Derby away- Same season, Weimann's disallowed- would have to try and delve into archives but a general consensus I remember is that he was level.
  4. Tettey at home v Norwich- Three times he got away with a second yellow, some of them we were winning and some we were drawing but he was taken off- he gets that second yellow with us being 2-1 up at home, the crowd up, us playing quite well under the lights we may well win.

Bad decision albeit that didn't make a key difference- Weimann disallowed goal at Nottingham Forest January 2019. We won 1-0 but it was another bad call.

Brownhill's 2nd yellow at Leeds was more debatable and fair's fair they were better than us anyway, and I vaguely recall something with Casilla in the home game?

Even discounting those two- We're due a few, I'd suggest!!

Let's not forget the debacle at Preston in 2019/20- 2 pens against, one of which was suspect- player climbing on our defender for their other goal and us with 2 goals disallowed in the 3-3 draw

Just two of the threads/games in q!

I guess Rotherham going down to 9 in late 2018 was a bit of a boost- but we're certainly not in credit.

22 hours ago, TheReds said:

Not sure if it was a word in his ear, but he was right there and seen the tackle so there is no way anyone can tell him to change his mind in his earpiece. He pointed straight to a corner, a few protested and he then pointed to the spot. It was Gavin Ward so it isn't a surprise is it? The incident is on 2:10 (ish)

If that was the first interview I had ever seen of Warnock I would think he was fückîñg awesome ? 

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Haha, beaten by @BCFC11 & @Rudolf Hucker.......yet another penalty!  Anymore and they'll have to change their name to Swansea Rovers........

..........and their ground to Old Trafford.

Archived