IGNORED

Nahki Wells

TomThumb84

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He has been bloody awful for most of the season but NP seems to have given him a new lease of life. Long may it continue. 

He’s had no service, been played out of position & lost his confidence. He was top scorer in the division before he came to us, he’s now showing the player a lot of us knew was in there all the time. 

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

He has not. He has been a good player devoid of confidence, belief, and direction. Theres a difference.

He has been terrible however playing him in right position makes a huge difference. So yes I understand that however I can’t forget a lot of the poor performances and efforts even when playing upfront.

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

He’s had no service, been played out of position & lost his confidence. He was top scorer in the division before he came to us, he’s now showing the player a lot of us knew was in there all the time. 

I think he is a good player and definitely agree with the little service and out of position for a fair bit. But still horrible in a lot games regardless especially when up top. 

6 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

He has not. He has been a good player devoid of confidence, belief, and direction. Theres a difference.

He has been awful. 
Had the previous poster said he had been awful because of the reasons you’ve stated it would have been a lot more accurate. 

play nicely..

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

He has been terrible however playing him in right position makes a huge difference. So yes I understand that however I can’t forget a lot of the poor performances and efforts even when playing upfront.

Agree to disagree. Has always worked hard but seemed to lack belief in what he was being asked to do.

Today he played wide left for an hour but his application was improved as the bloke who asked him to do it earns his respect and he is bought in.

From the get go I think he has wanted to do well, some games it looked like he's been too eager, possibly because chances have been few, and far between. The last 2 games he's worked really hard, today he was playing in midfield for the first half, chasing everything. When we got a little control and had some order in our breaks he started to come alive. He has looked a real threat in the last two games. I thought Fam was very good today, it would be great to have these two together for another year.

26 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That’s the key...he’s a winner.

Bents and Kalas are winners.

Since Cotts left, we have been a passive, soft, with far too few willing to take responsibility, far too many willing to accept defeat.

That mentality is corrosive on winners. It affects them in different ways. Wells was the first to go - into hiding in his case, him being played out of position an aggravating factor. Kalas was the next to go with reference to the ‘better coach winning’ and then reaching breaking point with other units in the team a week or so ago. Bents as a keeper is slightly more isolated from things , but hats off to him as he came going - giving even better performances.

Hopefully, Nige will now build a team of winners.

Passive sums up our previous play, and a word used frequently by those commenting on some of our previous games

12 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Agree to disagree. Has always worked hard but seemed to lack belief in what he was being asked to do.

Today he played wide left for an hour but his application was improved as the bloke who asked him to do it earns his respect and he is bought in.

In fairness I thought he did really well wide left considering that isn’t his position. Which does beg question why was he so bad on the wing under Holden when sometimes asked to do a similar role. I suspect he didn’t have faith in Holden like many?

Ive seen plenty of games this season where I’d disagree he worked hard - looked totally disinterested I’d say.

Hopefully he plays like he did last two games as won’t get any complaints from me that’s for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I don't excuse Holden  either for playing him out of position  and wasting his talent.

He's been up top plenty of times.  He played left side for most of the second half, still seemed to put in about 65% more effort.

Hate to say it, put on the shirt and do a shift wherever you're played - that's the basics.

I think he's been very poor for us, pre-pearson, and has often looked jaded/like he doesn't give a toss. Whether that's down to him or how's he's been played is open to debate of course. But he's been transformed the last couple of matches so fingers crossed he can keep his head up and score the goals we know he can. 

2 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

He's been up top plenty of times.  He played left side for most of the second half, still seemed to put in about 65% more effort.

Hate to say it, put on the shirt and do a shift wherever you're played - that's the basics.

I agree with you that you should put a shift in for the shirt and the team. But  have you ever had a boss who knew sod  all about your  job, telling you how to do it. I have and it certainly  did very little to motivate me.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting that he scored his goal having been pushed onto the left wing.  Very good finish though.  Thought he was key second half, with Sessegnon in getting up the pitch.

Yep he wasn’t playing centrally when he scored, but he moved into the centre. And Sessegnon - finally a threat down the left.

For me he has been the biggest disappointment this season and I have called for him to be dropped, which DH occasionally did as part of the essential rotation policy.

He played his best game in a City shirt at THe Riverside so i was pleased for him and for us. Today he also looks a different player to the dejected, sulky, woeful finisher of thi sseason.

I'd love to see him continue to improve and then impress NP enough to keep him beyond this season. He and our best striker (for years) seem to be suddenly getting a good understanding; surely Fam and him havent just been told to work on this in the past 3 days?

Archived