IGNORED

There's suddenly three middle aged men in black jackets on the side of the pitch...

LondonBristolian

One thing I noticed today is our coaching team looks very different now than it does a year ago. Did some calculations earlier and I think the average age of our manager/head coach and assistants has, in the space of a year, gone from 40 (with the head coach being the youngest) to 55 (with the manager being the oldest).

We've now suddenly got three very experienced heads seeing us through games. With the amount of youth on the bench and in the team, that has to be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, RedNachos said:

Kalifa Cisse goes massively under the radar for me, someone who has played football recently and has played for this club, I think he must have a part to play for the players coming through helping them adjust off the field, while being both a scout and a coach I beleive.

Weirdly, a pretty accurate summary of what happened when the was on the pitch too!

I don't know loads about his exact role is within the first team coaching but you might very well be right. 

To defend Holden a little.

Simpson and Downing were brought in under Holden, they were the new boys and it was Holden's show.
With Nige coming in and having to use Waldorf and Statler as guides until he knows the players etc, Pearson was always going to have to lean on them more than Dean needed to. It did look like a team, and it may be how Pearson works, but NP is going to be more comfortable in the role due to experience. We now have an experienced man in charge, I think it will make a big difference in so many ways through the club, hopefully ending in Promotion.

Archived