IGNORED

If the kids are United....

Davefevs

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Does he want to at this stage in his life? If he went to a lower Prem side what would he get before he`s sacked by some nutty foreign owner for losing to Man City & Liverpool? 

If he buys in to our project and can see the opportunity to build something like he did at Leicester and become a legend down here into the bargain that might be more appealing than the goldfish bowl of the Premier League.

This.

He may have almost stumbled across us by chance, but will have already realised that we are amongst the best opportunities he will have to put his stamp on any club.

A stable owner who historically has always been prepared to back his manager, brand new training ground, nearly brand new stadium, circa 20K attendances when COVID allows.

A fan base quite literally 100% behind his appointment, and a group of quite talented players crying out for a manager who knows how to get promoted.

Add in the FFP situation where SL has said funds are available, and a few gems coming through the Acadamy and the future could be very bright indeed.....what could possibly go wrong?

Well for me it might be the internal politics particularly around Mark Ashton, not saying he’s a bad guy or indeed a good guy, but I just can’t see Pearson accepting anyone trying to be the top dog other than him.

If Ashton can work with Pearson all will be good, if he tries to usurp Pearson in any way not only will it alienate Pearson, it could be the end of what promises to be a very enjoyable future for us fans.

Cheers, Nige.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I read somewhere ( can’t remember where ) that winning football matches is the opiate of the fans - how true that is.

We win two matches away and everyone is happy having been starved of the winning drug for seven games.

Long May it continue.

OS?

Archived