IGNORED

Recognise anyone?

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Bobby Reid middle in second video

Joe Lennox also played professionally briefly for Plymouth Argyle, was a talented player not sure what went wrong

Probably shows just how difficult it is to make it in the pro-game, to get that (alright, it's academy kids on Soccer AM) far, the youth must have been exceptional schools players, but the fact we haven't spotted anyone other than Bobby tells a story.

So kids. Stay in school, eat your vegetables and work hard! ?

6 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Chris Sivers maybe in the top video. Went on to play for Southmead Athletic and maybe a few other teams. 

Robert Stambolziev was highly rated at one point. 

I saw him play in a youth cup game and he was very good indeed. I think he went on to play Champions or Europa League for a Greek side?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I saw him play in a youth cup game and he was very good indeed. I think he went on to play Champions or Europa League for a Greek side?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Stambolziev

Bristol City to Panathiniakos to Macedonia to Cyprus to Kidderminster. That is some career path

I play 5 a side football against Joe Lennox at filton goals quite regularly. Still a fantastic player and makes people look very silly with his skills (usually me) but he completely gave up on the 11 a side game. He could easily still play at a good standard but he just doesn't want to. He works at dent magic up cribbs I believe.

1 hour ago, Packman said:

I play 5 a side football against Joe Lennox at filton goals quite regularly. Still a fantastic player and makes people look very silly with his skills (usually me) but he completely gave up on the 11 a side game. He could easily still play at a good standard but he just doesn't want to. He works at dent magic up cribbs I believe.

Years ago down in London players in the isthmian and athenian leagues would work in the city during the week. They could have played at a higher level but wouldn't have earned the wages that they can get now.

Archived