Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Recognise anyone?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Bobby Reid middle in second video

Joe Lennox also played professionally briefly for Plymouth Argyle, was a talented player not sure what went wrong

Probably shows just how difficult it is to make it in the pro-game, to get that (alright, it's academy kids on Soccer AM) far, the youth must have been exceptional schools players, but the fact we haven't spotted anyone other than Bobby tells a story.

So kids. Stay in school, eat your vegetables and work hard! 🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Bobby Reid middle in second video

Joe Lennox also played professionally briefly for Plymouth Argyle, was a talented player not sure what went wrong

Therefore Joe Bryan on his right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Chris Sivers maybe in the top video. Went on to play for Southmead Athletic and maybe a few other teams. 

Robert Stambolziev was highly rated at one point. 

I saw him play in a youth cup game and he was very good indeed. I think he went on to play Champions or Europa League for a Greek side?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I saw him play in a youth cup game and he was very good indeed. I think he went on to play Champions or Europa League for a Greek side?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Stambolziev

Bristol City to Panathiniakos to Macedonia to Cyprus to Kidderminster. That is some career path

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I play 5 a side football against Joe Lennox at filton goals quite regularly. Still a fantastic player and makes people look very silly with his skills (usually me) but he completely gave up on the 11 a side game. He could easily still play at a good standard but he just doesn't want to. He works at dent magic up cribbs I believe.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Packman said:

I play 5 a side football against Joe Lennox at filton goals quite regularly. Still a fantastic player and makes people look very silly with his skills (usually me) but he completely gave up on the 11 a side game. He could easily still play at a good standard but he just doesn't want to. He works at dent magic up cribbs I believe.

Years ago down in London players in the isthmian and athenian leagues would work in the city during the week. They could have played at a higher level but wouldn't have earned the wages that they can get now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Joe Lennox was on the pre season tour to Sweden in 2010. Started a family already at a young age if I remember correctly 

350712.jpg

He doesn't look that young to me.And his shirt is a bit of a snug fit.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...