IGNORED

This is it, this time I know [hope] it's the real thing !!!

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/this-is-it-this-time-i-know-hope-its-the-real-thing/  Recording of FBC Podcast

The feelgood factor in the wake of Nigel Pearson's appointment is like no other I have seen for a new City manager in more than 50 years.

OK, it's only two games, both on the road at tough venues and by the same 3-1 scoreline but the group huddle at the end of a game in which City had to thank Dan Bentley for still being in it at half time and then trailing to a harsh penalty summed up for me a togetherness that has banished the misery, on top of lockdown, of a miserable 3 months of supporting this club.

The resilience shown in the 2nd half was a million miles away from the recent Barnsley and Watford performances as City won at a canter due to some astute tactical changes and three more quality goals.

This upturn in fortunes is probably too late to make an assault to the playoffs but if it continues Steve Lansdown MUST get Pearson's name on a 3 year contract ASAP.

We may be embarking on a pathway that could take us to where we want to be

@headhunterbelow quote, we have to get Pearson signed to a contract ASAP. I’ve wanted him as manager pre Johnson, we’ve got him in the building, in my opinion it would be criminal to let him leave in the summer. Give him a contract with a lucrative promotion clause in it of say £5 million. 

This upturn in fortunes is probably too late to make an assault to the playoffs but if it continues Steve Lansdown MUST get Pearson's name on a 3 year contract ASAP.

4 hours ago, daored said:

@headhunterbelow quote, we have to get Pearson signed to a contract ASAP. I’ve wanted him as manager pre Johnson, we’ve got him in the building, in my opinion it would be criminal to let him leave in the summer. Give him a contract with a lucrative promotion clause in it of say £5 million. 

Another 3,4,5 points and relegation fears banished, and I think we will see discussions start.  It will also give the players security too, whilst giving Pearson a good insight as to who wants to be here if not, and who he wants to be here or not.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another 3,4,5 points and relegation fears banished, and I think we will see discussions start.  It will also give the players security too, whilst giving Pearson a good insight as to who wants to be here if not, and who he wants to be here or not.

Agree and if certain players Pearson wants to keep for next season we can sort contract negotiations of any OOC. 

The augurs are excellent - and I think Pearson is exactly the type of manager we need at the present time.

Let's let him get on with ensuring we stay in the top half of the table before we start getting too excited about the possible future prospects.

Providing there are no off-field clashes with the owner (and his proxies) I imagine NP would be relishing what he could do with this club in 21/22.

I think from what Nigel Pearson has said in his various interviews that he is genuinely excited to be at Ashton Gate and it is a challenge that he is relishing. I feel that this is a good fit from both sides of the fence.

He seems happy that he has time to fully assess the situation at City and that City can see how he gets on.

I’m sure that if we get through this season and end it on a positive note (avoid relegation) then I’m confident that Steve Lansdown will pull out the stops to get him tied up to a longer deal.

He is certainly the calibre of manager we need if we are genuinely serious about taking this club forward. I’m sure the footballing world will put us in the spotlight a bit more now that we have Nigel at the helm.

Archived