IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

BCFCGav

Just stumbled on his interview from post Barnsley last Saturday (how is that only a week ago..). Think he deserves a thread of his own after this week, that interview may have been our saving grace. SL must have seen how much he was hurting and how he couldn’t make any sense of the crap that was going on in front of him. He seemed exacerbated with how he was putting his ass on the line every 4 days for 90 minutes just to see out another loss. He’s been a warrior for us for years now and seemed miserable results were going so poorly, he’s clearly so invested in our club. 12 hours later SL’s calling NP.

Cheers captain, you were excellent AGAIN today and no one deserves these points more than you. Hope he smashes it with the Czechs this summer, I’ll be proudly watching him as one of our own.

There is a long way to go but already we can see green shoots of progress in just a few days what an experienced and proven manager brings which is stability, respect and tactical awareness.

I think everyone could see we have more than enough quality in the playing staff to compete, we were just sadly lacking that nous in the head coaching department. Everyone else could see it as well.

We need to keep building onto this framework of teamwork and togetherness so that gradually we can start to impose ourselves onto the opposition more and more in matches.

There are so many things to admire about Nigel Pearson. He recognises the honesty within this group of players so is that a vindication of the board looking to sign "Bristol City Humans?" I think it is.

He is also honest enough to recognise we could have easily lost that match due to the quality of the opposition, that's really refreshing.

What is very noticeable is the quality of a player like Thomas Kalas coming to the fore. The partnership with him on the pitch and Pearson off it is already tangeable.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

6’1”, 11 1/2 stone according to Ian on BBCRB, same as James Morton and Vince Harper ???

Hes obviously taller than that though, think Tins said he was 6’3”.

I’d have said 6ft 3. Thought when we were defending those corners first half that with Fam, Tyreeq & Ryley as well as our 2 centre backs (not the tallest but very good in the air) we looked pretty sorted.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

6’1”, 11 1/2 stone according to Ian on BBCRB, same as James Morton and Vince Harper ???

Hes obviously taller than that though, think Tins said he was 6’3”.

Was gonna say he looks taller than 6'1".

He may have been that height at the start of the season. Some people still grow in to their 20s. My old rugby captain was my height when he was 19, didn't see him for a few years as I stopped playing, bumped in to him in sainsburys and I had to proper arch my neck to look at him. 

Edit - in addition, pretty sure we had this conversation about Lloyd Kelly a few years back. He shot up all of a sudden to the height he is now. 

Archived