Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

There is a long way to go but already we can see green shoots of progress in just a few days what an experienced and proven manager brings which is stability, respect and tactical awareness.

I think everyone could see we have more than enough quality in the playing staff to compete, we were just sadly lacking that nous in the head coaching department. Everyone else could see it as well.

We need to keep building onto this framework of teamwork and togetherness so that gradually we can start to impose ourselves onto the opposition more and more in matches.

There are so many things to admire about Nigel Pearson. He recognises the honesty within this group of players so is that a vindication of the board looking to sign "Bristol City Humans?" I think it is.

He is also honest enough to recognise we could have easily lost that match due to the quality of the opposition, that's really refreshing.

What is very noticeable is the quality of a player like Thomas Kalas coming to the fore. The partnership with him on the pitch and Pearson off it is already tangeable.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

As I said on the match day thread - the way he ran over and spoke to Towler when he was subbed - superb leadership.

Of course he might’ve saying “you’ve had a mare lad, get the eff off and stay off”. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Kalas seems like the kind of guy you would go into battle for he's a motivator of men. 

For someone like Towler who had a Senegalese international (Ismaila Sarr a target for man utd in January) running at him at the drubbing at Watford to have Kalas behind him, talking to him constantly will only help him. 

29 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

How tall is Ryley?!?!

6’1”, 11 1/2 stone according to Ian on BBCRB, same as James Morton and Vince Harper 🤣🤣🤣

Hes obviously taller than that though, think Tins said he was 6’3”.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

6’1”, 11 1/2 stone according to Ian on BBCRB, same as James Morton and Vince Harper 🤣🤣🤣

I’d have said 6ft 3. Thought when we were defending those corners first half that with Fam, Tyreeq & Ryley as well as our 2 centre backs (not the tallest but very good in the air) we looked pretty sorted.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was gonna say he looks taller than 6'1".

He may have been that height at the start of the season. Some people still grow in to their 20s. My old rugby captain was my height when he was 19, didn't see him for a few years as I stopped playing, bumped in to him in sainsburys and I had to proper arch my neck to look at him. 

Edit - in addition, pretty sure we had this conversation about Lloyd Kelly a few years back. He shot up all of a sudden to the height he is now. 

Edited by The Batman
Additional sentence