IGNORED

Next transfer window

22A

16 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was a cracking question last night.

The only goalkeeper, to win the prem, in scotland and england?

Did Andy Gorman technically do it? Definitely with Rangers but played a couple of games with Man U -IIRC not enough for a medal but classed as part of a title winning squad.

21 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bentley will be sold in the summer absolutely, he deserves it. No one else will be in demand, not that they arent good players but no one is gonna pay us what we would want for Kalas as an example.

I expect a lot of the out of contract players to be released and Pearsons picks (if he stays) coming in mainly on free transfers.

Seen it mentioned a few times now that many feel Bentley will be sold. 

Well if he is sold, I expect it to be for a mammoth fee. 

My reasons for thinking this way are because he is under contract and just about to enter his prime. He is easily one of the best keepers in the championship who we will not want to sell and I don’t believe we will need to sell unless it’s for said mammoth fee. The other thing, I noticed last week Burnley putting a £50 mill price tag on nick pope. Now I obviously am not saying bents is as good (he’s better?) as pope and you have age, potential, experience , international caps and such like aswell as contract length and what the players/agents want , but if Pope is gonna be pimped out for £50, then what we rekon would be acceptable for Bents?

5 hours ago, Hxj said:

It is unbelievable, the text of the EFL regulation says it is.

1.1.7  COVID-19 Costs means lost revenues and/or exceptional costs incurred by a Club that are directly attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic and that are identified and calculated in accordance with such guidance as issued by the Board;

The arguments will be about what that includes, but the principle is agreed.

Interesting looking at that.  Do you think variable cost of sales is taken into account too., e.g. might have lost £3m of revenue, but not had to pay £2m of costs associated with those revenues?

6 hours ago, Hxj said:

It is unbelievable, the text of the EFL regulation says it is.

1.1.7  COVID-19 Costs means lost revenues and/or exceptional costs incurred by a Club that are directly attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic and that are identified and calculated in accordance with such guidance as issued by the Board;

The arguments will be about what that includes, but the principle is agreed.

In Derby's case, lost revenue will be the Gate receipts from the expansion of Pride Park to 65,000 capacity, that would have happened were it not for the pandemic (proof of planning permission is available dated 1 April 2019 and transfer of the stadium back to DCFC (back)dated to 1 April 2020) :whistle2:

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting looking at that.  Do you think variable cost of sales is taken into account too., e.g. might have lost £3m of revenue, but not had to pay £2m of costs associated with those revenues?

I hope so.

I would expect a club to work from the pre-covid estimates sent to the EFL and then on a line by line basis adjust in respect of the impact in respect of covid. 

For example - Stadium income down by £5 million, casual staff costs down by £2 million would be a net adjustment of £3 million.

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

I hope so.

I would expect a club to work from the pre-covid estimates sent to the EFL and then on a line by line basis adjust in respect of the impact in respect of covid. 

For example - Stadium income down by £5 million, casual staff costs down by £2 million would be a net adjustment of £3 million.

Yes, I’ve said all along the projections should be used / be useful. Ta.

11 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I'd expect West Ham to take a look at Bentley. 

Fabianski is getting older, and has struggled with injuries recently. Randolph and Martin are both older options as well. 

West Ham have a history of shopping in the championship and may feel Bentley is suitable for them. 

Basildon boy too - it wouldn`t surprise me to find out he`s a Hammers fan.

On 01/03/2021 at 08:31, Hxj said:

@Mr Popodopolous

I get roughly the same FFP numbers for to 2018/19 ending up with a FFP loss of say £5million to carry forward to 2019/20/21.  The total FFP loss that can be made in that period will be £68 million.  The accounting loss in that period could be many millions higher, and the club will still meet FFP due to the regulations, due to the adjustments.

As regards future years I can't see anything other happening than 2019/20/21 always been merged as one, otherwise I suspect that most clubs will break the rules in 2021/22.  So the club's worst case position going into 2021/22 will be 2018/19 FFP profit £15 million, 2019/20/21 loss £34 million, 2021/22 available loss £20 million, then of course in 2022/23 it all goes SWFC/DCFC/RFC/BCFC(.com).

AVFC too? Very lucky in a number of respects...

Agreed, I'm conflicted but I suppose it's the only solution acceptable to all the loss adjustment bit- as @Davefevs said less leniency in this area would keep feet to the fire and ensure that a bit more fiscal prudence is imposed, especially important in these straitened times.

Merging as one moving forward seems the most sensible agreed-  combined with our hefty player sales and taking into account lost income in the way that you describe, this would put us in a good position certainly. Very interesting to see some of the other clubs- we should be better placed than a fair few.

Archived