IGNORED

Glenn Roeder

RoystonFoote'snephew

18 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Very sad news...good player in his day..RIP.

He was, hell of a player.

From a time when English centre halves often kicked the ball long, he could really play.

Amazed he never won a full cap when so many inferior players of his generation did.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He was, hell of a player.

From a time when English centre halves often kicked the ball long, he could really play.

Amazed he never won a full cap when so many inferior players of his generation did.

Memories of him bringing the ball forward out of defence on that plastic pitch, doing a step over and gliding past his man.

RIP Glenn.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Just heard that Glenn Roeder has died after a long battle with a brain tumour. Heartfelt condolences and prayers to his family and friends. 

My father in law died of a brain tumour within 6 months of diagnosis and another good friend also had a ten year battle with brain tumours, horrible stuff, RIP Glenn

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was about to post this myself, what a well worded tribute. Tasteful, sincere, emotional and genuine - from someone that knew and worked with him. Pearson has really impressed me this first week - ironically with his ‘human’ qualities.

RIP Glenn

I agree. What a lovely tribute. This will be a tough loss for him so we need to be mindful of this.

He certainly seems to have the words and sets the right tone both in this and his football interviews.

Says what he wants to say,and leaves no doubt. And avoids unnecessary guff too which is refreshing. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I heard this dreadful news I immediately thought back to a goal I always remembered in which Glenn Roeder was so very instrumental - this is how to carry a ball out of defence - watch from 0:52 secs here ... rest easy Glenn, too soon, too young ...

That was exactly the run I was referring to in my earlier post....ta.

Archived