IGNORED

Robins tv payment problem

dunsteral

On saturday i was unable to gain access to robins tv for the swansea stream, and although lots of other fans were saying they

couldn't get on for various technical reasons, my problem was i couldn't actuall make the payment on my credit card which i

have been paying with all season up to now.

The only method being offered was Paypal which i have never used, and haven't got a clue what it is or how you pay for it.

Did anyone else have the same problem?, and has the credit card option been removed?

I have tonight tried to pay for the bournemouth game but the same problem still exists.

Any suggestions?

Whenever I try to buy a game it never works unless I do the PayPal option (which I have) I’ve never found a way to get it to work otherwise. I just do it that way now, as I’m usually purchasing the game shortly before kick off and don’t want to miss anything, so just do the PayPal option. 

I also have had problems but not sure how they have been solved - think through persistence usually. Couple of times once paid difficulties have arisen and once could not get to see any of the game. Bad for many of us Saturday and I'm sure some will have given up before it was restored. 

If you're 'not seeing the option to pay by credit card' at all I suggest you e-mail the club with details of what platform/browser you are using. Could be it's there but in your set-up is 'off-screen' (with modern formatting it's rare this happens these days but does still occur on occasion.)

Bigger problem for the club is with its rubbish Bristol Sport/Robins TV platforms it's a total pain finding where one can buy the sodding games in the first place? Logic might dictate it's upfront, loud and proud to generate revenue rather than buried deep under mountains of wholly irrelevant information.

12 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If you're 'not seeing the option to pay by credit card' at all I suggest you e-mail the club with details of what platform/browser you are using.

Browser was my thought. Firefox won't let me enter credit card info into the relevant box, Chrome was fine on my end.

is there antivirius / adblock / anti-banner software involved as well, @dunsteral ?

17 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Bigger problem for the club is with its rubbish Bristol Sport/Robins TV platforms it's a total pain finding where one can buy the sodding games in the first place? Logic might dictate it's upfront, loud and proud to generate revenue rather than buried deep under mountains of wholly irrelevant information.

This 100%. Having managed teams building and maintaining very mainstream - and very popular - websites in the past I have to say that my dog has far more clearly structured breakfasts than the mess that is the Bristol Sport suite of sites...all over the place.

11 hours ago, dunsteral said:

On saturday i was unable to gain access to robins tv for the swansea stream, and although lots of other fans were saying they

couldn't get on for various technical reasons, my problem was i couldn't actuall make the payment on my credit card which i

The only method being offered was Paypal which i have never used, and haven't got a clue what it is or how you pay for it.

Did anyone else have the same problem?, and has the credit card option been removed?

I have tonight tried to pay for the bournemouth game but the same problem still exists.

Any suggestions?

Just go to PayPal and sign up, makes everything much easier when buying online.

19 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

This 100%. Having managed teams building and maintaining very mainstream - and very popular - websites in the past I have to say that my dog has far more clearly structured breakfasts than the mess that is the Bristol Sport suite of sites...all over the place.

Imagine my pain yesterday when trying to use the £10 rewards credit on my son's card. Created a new Bristol Sport account, then tried to link his supporter Id to his new "ticketing account", rather than my own. Neither his or my passwords would let me complete the process, so requested a new password and got a generic Web error when I clicked it the link I was sent. 

I'm a Web developer, so if I can't do it, it's not intuitive enough. 

Not sure it was a widespread problem, I paid by credit card sometime between 2 and 2.30 on Saturday and everything seemed normal.  Sympathies for the OP though, there have been many other games this season when I wished my payment had been rejected.

I just had a look at the Bournemouth game, and the box is still there for me to enter my credit card number.

11 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Any suggestions?

It's not an issue I have had, I always pay with my debit card, but as others have said it could be a browser issue. I would recommend setting yourself up on Paypal though, it costs nothing and al you do is set up your choice of payment methods on your account. It's more secure in that you don't need to enter any credit or debit card details into forms when you make any purchases online, so you don't have to worry about that information being stolen or misused.

(I don't work for Paypal, by the way) :) 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Red button on Wednesday at least! 

That's good, in as much as I save £10. It also means I end up even angrier than I normally do. Last time it was Nodge ? that started it, and the commentator does research, finds one fact and repeats ad nauseam for 90 minutes, and no replays. 

But I shall sit and cuddle the £10 I've saved and try and ignore it all ?

41 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Imagine my pain yesterday when trying to use the £10 rewards credit on my son's card. Created a new Bristol Sport account, then tried to link his supporter Id to his new "ticketing account", rather than my own. Neither his or my passwords would let me complete the process, so requested a new password and got a generic Web error when I clicked it the link I was sent. 

I'm a Web developer, so if I can't do it, it's not intuitive enough. 

Took me around 4 years to reconcile my and my lad's season tickets under their various ticketing structures as he advanced through their age categories. They appeared unable to reconcile that I'd continue to pay for both tickets whilst they demanded he had his own supporters ID such could only get single permissions per ST. The only way to resolve was to register under separate e-mail addresses.

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Just go to PayPal and sign up, makes everything much easier when buying online.

Exactly Roger, I have been using PayPal for donkey's years now and use it for the audio on the OS, which is the RB commentary. I have never had any problems with using PayPal on the City site or anywhere else. 

Thanks for all your replies, unfortunately i am not technowlogically savvy so most of the solutions offered go right over my head.

The strange thing is i have been paying with my credit card all season long without a problem until saturday.

I will sign up for paypal and do it that way.

I have not had a problem paying with my debit card, but I seem to be classed as international which can give a problem for certain games, even though I have a great view of the stadium from my lounge window. I have tried messaging several times but do not get a reply. Using chrome via Truespeed and no VPN

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If you're 'not seeing the option to pay by credit card' at all I suggest you e-mail the club with details of what platform/browser you are using. Could be it's there but in your set-up is 'off-screen' (with modern formatting it's rare this happens these days but does still occur on occasion.)

It's ifollow by the efl it's nothing to do with Bristol Sport or the club, they don't run the platform

For last week's Barnsley match I could not get the option to buy the video (there were options for Audio and for a season's video) - this was 15 minutes before KO - retried a number of times and gave up to listen on Radio Bristol.  A good game to miss frankly and I saved a tenner.

For the match at Swansea I had no problems at all. Nor have I for about 15 previous occasions.  However, a number of friends were complaining that the stream wasn't working for them. 

I always pay by Credit Card and have never had any issues.  

It does seem that Robins TV platform / software is not as stable as it could be and someone should investigate as the club will lose what little revenue is coming in.  

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

It's ifollow by the efl it's nothing to do with Bristol Sport or the club, they don't run the platform

Wrong.

Both Bristol Sport & Robins TV platforms are owned and run by the club through third party providers.

iFollow does not sell domestic access to City games, though may contract to provide a feed into the platform for away fixtures where the temporary arrangements under Covid are in place. In the case of Saturday's game iFollow also don't contract with Swansea.

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

For last week's Barnsley match I could not get the option to buy the video (there were options for Audio and for a season's video) - this was 15 minutes before KO - retried a number of times and gave up to listen on Radio Bristol.  A good game to miss frankly and I saved a tenner.

For the match at Swansea I had no problems at all. Nor have I for about 15 previous occasions.  However, a number of friends were complaining that the stream wasn't working for them. 

I always pay by Credit Card and have never had any issues.  

It does seem that Robins TV platform / software is not as stable as it could be and someone should investigate as the club will lose what little revenue is coming in.  

I've noticed that if accessing via Edge the 'purchase' buttons were one of the last HTML features loaded by the engine, sometimes many seconds after the page has appeared to load. Depending upon hardware this could be so long as for them to appear to be missing.

Since I upgraded to the beta version of Edge's Chromium emulator this issue has reduced, though where City hides the subscription info  remains woeful.

Archived