IGNORED

Games in April/Remaining Fixtures

Lorenzos Only Goal

I mean the championship is the championship so undoubtedly some surprises will get thrown up but I think this is a genuine reason why 9th could at least still be on, Barnsley and Cardiff are flying so hard to catch them while they're not dropping points and Bournemouth are 7 ahead

Nothing directly in answer to the OP......

I have never ever known a point where after a defeat on a Saturday we are "in a fight against relegation" "free fall" and a date with League 1 and then seven days later we are discussing the play offs.

It makes Lazarus look like a minor medical adjustment.

Barnsley have a very good run in, and they don’t look like faltering at the moment. 

Should add, that with our injury list, I don’t think it’s possible, regardless of manager. Will just be happy to be competitive in most games.

It’s still possible of course, we’d have to go on a hell of a run while plenty of others dropping off. Main concern for me is the injury list. We barely put a single experienced player on the bench . Plus it looks like , wiemann, Mawson , Dasilva , pato*  , williams could be out for the rest of the season . It really is bare bones time. 
* pain again even after surgery . 

46 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Nothing directly in answer to the OP......

I have never ever known a point where after a defeat on a Saturday we are "in a fight against relegation" "free fall" and a date with League 1 and then seven days later we are discussing the play offs.

It makes Lazarus look like a minor medical adjustment.

Nought more fickle that football fans ?

Esp. On OTIB

• Admin
9 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Anyone else looking at Aprils fixtures with a little smile?  We have a couple of biggies coming up and then some kinder games in March, but April looks kind all the way until the end of the season with Brentford, I think we have an outside chance of nicking into the playoffs you know.

Not after the last two we were expected to lose

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is it right that after Bournemouth we don`t have to play anyone else in the (current) top six until Brentford on the last day?

Yeh that's correct as the table is right now. In fact isn't it no-one in the top 9 as it stands today? We'll have played both games against each of Cardiff, Barnsley and Boro as well as the top 6.

I expect the Brentford game to be a dead-rubber anyway, for both teams. Expect Brentford to be hungover from a promotion party, and we'll be nicely ensconced somewhere around 10th, but mathematically out of the play-off places.

The run in is pretty kind for us but there's no guarantees at all. Luton, Millwall, Blackburn are all tricky. Forest could keep climbing the table as well. Plus don't people often say that you don't want to play the lower teams late on? Fighting for survival and backs against the wall - they could do anything.

On Monday of last week you could get City to finish in the top 6 at 200/1 after Pearson was appointed and the Boro result it dropped to 80/1, now it is 22/1, not that any of that means anything but quite interesting. I backed us at 80/1 but can't really see it happening, it would need too many teams above us to hit a bad run of form, unlikely I would think. 

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep.

Mark Ashton for Lord Mayor.

I think we were in quite a unique situation. There were many, many posts pointing out that actually we had a good squad of players and the issue wasn’t that they weren’t good enough, it was that both Holden and Johnson had contrived to create a whole less than than the sum of all individual parts.

Its stands to reason then that under Holden, despite a squad of decent players, we were heading toward relegation. A decent manger who understands the job should therefor be able to take this squad and create something positive.

Pearson may lose every game from here on in of course and if that happens then gods knows what the answer was, as Johnson couldn’t sort it and Holden couldn’t sort it either.

You're left with very few common denominators after that.

First up - Bournemouth might batter us. And we're one or two injuries away from disaster.

If City are going to win a load of these winnable games we need a lot to go right. Too early to tell.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

First up - Bournemouth might batter us. And we're one or two injuries away from disaster.

If City are going to win a load of these winnable games we need a lot to go right. Too early to tell.

Agreed but certainly possible if things go our way

On 01/03/2021 at 12:30, David Brent said:

This run of fixtures looked good too..

3ED345A5-EFBD-46F0-97D5-99F8C81DE87F.jpeg

Exactly this, experience this season should tell us that you can’t look at a string of games and expect anything. One game at a time... I’m looking forward to the game for the first time in a long time, in the knowledge that if we lose I won’t be throwing toys out, and if we win I won’t, yet, be thinking we are banker for promotion.  Either way though I know I will still be looking forward to the next game on Saturday, and it’s that feeling which gives me hope for my club going forward. 

If the players can look forward to the next game regardless of result, I’m sure we will continue to see an overall improvement 

Archived