IGNORED

Big Nige on sound of the city

steviestevieneville

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s speaking with MA tomorrow and going to look round the training ground. 

He can’t fail to be impressed with what we’re doing off the pitch. On it he or someone of his experience , know how is the missing piece 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I hope NP doesn't get curious and come on here to see how well received his interview was. He'd think the club was supported by a bunch of fruitcake mentalists. 

It is.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

All the hallmarks of a great leader. Been there, done that, but sooo down to earth. I've heard that he's also partial to craft beer. Its very early days, but I'm excited by the potential to really make an impact next season.

So you’re saying Europe in 5 years?

Interesting he says he has struck up a ‘’good’’ relationship with Mark Ashton, make of that what you will...

He talks really well though, he was my first choice and definitely the best gaffer we could have wished for!

56 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s speaking with MA tomorrow and going to look round the training ground. 

You mean he’s driving all the way to Ipswich to see their facilities?! What a waste of time...

Brushing over a couple of comments on this thread, SOTC was an excellent listen.

As @CotswoldRedsaid, the bloke has been here a week, so I’m not sure how tough questioning has to be, but good to know that the license fee is being paid overseas for those who didn’t get their monies worth in Scandinavia!

However joking apart GT could hardly get a question in as the bloke was spending the entire 20 minutes spewing information at us. Excellent in view of the communications having been awful for years now.

The lads who came on were good and the bit about Gerry was a trip down memory lane...Good show and I will buy the book!!

17 minutes ago, bris red said:

Interesting he says he has struck up a ‘’good’’ relationship with Mark Ashton, make of that what you will...

He talks really well though, he was my first choice and definitely the best gaffer we could have wished for!

Big Nige is an experienced guy in the football industry and knows that a good relationship with Ashton is important so he’s hardly like to say anything negative especially as he’s been in post less than a week and would like a longer stay at City.

He’ll have come across similar corporate guys at different clubs and if NP thinks they’re doing a decent job then no problem.

An interesting comment for anyone that didn’t listen, he said that if you catch him in the wrong moment he can come across as “obnoxious”. He was trying to say he’s not perfect but he’s self-aware.

I get the impression that he’s aware of his notoriety but he wants to change the perception.

He did, however, also say that he doesn’t mind being the pantomime villain if people turn on him. Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Big Nige is an experienced guy in the football industry and knows that a good relationship with Ashton is important so he’s hardly like to say anything negative especially as he’s been in post less than a week and would like a longer stay at City.

He’ll have come across similar corporate guys at different clubs and if NP thinks they’re doing a decent job then no problem.

Archived