IGNORED

Big Nige on sound of the city

steviestevieneville

7 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I have to own up and say that so far I've found Nige's interviews quite rambling and long-winded.

THAT SAID: Of course I'm delighted he's Bristol City Manager and as excited as anyone else about our future.

He'll blame that on the vindaloo.

49 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I have to own up and say that so far I've found Nige's interviews quite rambling and long-winded.

THAT SAID: Of course I'm delighted he's Bristol City Manager and as excited as anyone else about our future.

Are you an ostrich?! 

10 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Brian Clough once said, say nothing till you win something, then talk your head off.

I lost patience, with lj after that radio interview when he said he couldnt trust players.

He picked them, 

He not only picked them but had the final say to bring them in.

I’ve just realised why Dean Holden didn’t have a chance as City’s head coach. NP is “Big Nige” and LJ was “Little Lee”. “Average Size Deano” just doesn’t sound right. 

22 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

For all of LJ's self-promotion and talk of spending time with the Marines. the NHS, other clubs abroad, drones, grass length, marginal gains etc for me he lost all credibility as a leader when he threw players under the bus (Magusson & Moore certainly, probably more?) - a proper leader just simply wouldn't do that. That would be kept behind closed doors no matter what your profession. 

21 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I think maybe yes, spectacularly poor management IMO 

21 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, showed his true colours, I’m afraid.

And yet, some on here and on the boro forum were holding Warnock up as a "straight talking" when he criticised his strikers after our game the othet night.

Anyway, could anyone who was in the thread at the time summarise Tommy's criticism? Was it not being Swedish, which is a common complaint? (Unless you were called Eliasson, in which case you were the wrong Swede).

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And yet, some on here and on the boro forum were holding Warnock up as a "straight talking" when he criticised his strikers after our game the othet night.

Anyway, could anyone who was in the thread at the time summarise Tommy's criticism? Was it not being Swedish, which is a common complaint? (Unless you were called Eliasson, in which case you were the wrong Swede).

I don’t really understand your point. They were different people, different people have different opinions.

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t really understand your point. They were different people, different people have different opinions.

It wasn't a criticism of the posts I quoted, just a point that some people seem to see public criticism as good management. Despite generally being a fan of LJ's, I agree that it's a poor thing to do, especially as the players are rarely given the opportunity to reply in the same forum.

Archived