IGNORED

Big Nige on sound of the city

steviestevieneville

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Just listened. He's full of clichés, and is aware that he's full of clichés. He's demonstrated self awareness!

Johnson would say "what are your USPs?" Pearson says "I play you for what you can do, not what you can't"

As Pearson says himself, it's not revolutionary. 

Pearson isn't a GREAT HUMAN, or an OUTSTANDING HUMAN, he's a NORMAL human, and after the last few years, a self aware, normal guy, is truly a "breath of fresh air".

Every time I hear him you cannot fail to be impressed by the guy. He is considered, he talks with clarity. He gets his message across which is vitally important. He's passionate. He has an honesty about him. He even admitted that he can have off days with the media.

We're going to have off days, of course we are. I think he'll find that he'll have that support come what may. It's the belief he instills in the players and fans that's what he gives.

7 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Why do I get the impression that rather a lot of comments, possibly almost all from a certain notorious daytime drinker, have been removed from this thread ?

Yep, all of Tommy's posts and responses have been airbrushed from history (well this thread) .......... probably for the best.

This is a good listen too. He has a way to make every question asked by the media to sound like a stupid one. Shot Gregor down one or twice and he's not too keen on that clown Ian Abrahams.

"I'm 57 and you just wasted 20 seconds trying to explain that to me"

7 hours ago, grifty said:

This is a good listen too. He has a way to make every question asked by the media to sound like a stupid one. Shot Gregor down one or twice and he's not too keen on that clown Ian Abrahams.

"I'm 57 and you just wasted 20 seconds trying to explain that to me"

In fairness, though, I definitely don’t think he’s rude with it or talks down to anyone. He says those things with a playful smile and as a journalist I quite enjoy that. He’s obviously a challenge to interview, but only in the same way Steve Cotterill was.

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

He is an intelligent and articulate man who inspires confidence that he knows what he is talking about.

But if he could reduce the length of his answers by about 10 to 20 percent that would be spiffing.

I reckon. He finds journos frustrating,  but a necessary evil, so has worked out that the longer he makes his answers, the less questions he has to field. 

17 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

As much as I find the Swedes comments as confusing ss the rest of you, we do need the occasional reality check to all this sycapanthic creepiness, that I am sure even Nigel finds unnerving. 

So tin pot.

Yes, we must guard against the ‘big Nige can do no wrong’ attitude prevailing at the moment. It’s all or nothing on here e.g. LJ and MA can do no right despite some good work and successes.

Fortunately, NP knows the tide will start to turn eventually and will be unfazed by it.

3 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Yes, we must guard against the ‘big Nige can do no wrong’ attitude prevailing at the moment. It’s all or nothing on here e.g. LJ and MA can do no right despite some good work and successes.

Fortunately, NP knows the tide will start to turn eventually and will be unfazed by it.

Certainly no middle ground on here, we need to guard against losing it, long way to go in getting the club playing squad good enough in thinking we can be a viable top flight club. He I imagine is impressed with the club in all aspects, stadium, training facilities, location, SL, and the desire. But it will take time, Nigel seems inspired, and at last we have a bright future, but let's just cool it and take it steady.

30 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I lost patience, with lj after that radio interview when he said he couldnt trust players.

For all of LJ's self-promotion and talk of spending time with the Marines. the NHS, other clubs abroad, drones, grass length, marginal gains etc for me he lost all credibility as a leader when he threw players under the bus (Magusson & Moore certainly, probably more?) - a proper leader just simply wouldn't do that. That would be kept behind closed doors no matter what your profession. 

19 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

For all of LJ's self-promotion and talk of spending time with the Marines. the NHS, other clubs abroad, drones, grass length, marginal gains etc for me he lost all credibility as a leader when he threw players under the bus (Magusson & Moore certainly, probably more?) - a proper leader just simply wouldn't do that. That would be kept behind closed doors no matter what your profession. 

Was that against PNE? Mags wasn’t even on the pitch for most of it...

7 hours ago, James54De said:

Just listened. Oh my, does he talk. 

2 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

He is an intelligent and articulate man who inspires confidence that he knows what he is talking about.

But if he could reduce the length of his answers by about 10 to 20 percent that would be spiffing.

You can already see what people will criticise him for if/when it starts to go wrong...

9 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Why do I get the impression that rather a lot of comments, possibly almost all from a certain notorious daytime drinker, have been removed from this thread ?

I liked it when they were hooked out onto the Ramblings thread but there were so many last night that it would have taken ages.

14 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

All the hallmarks of a great leader. Been there, done that, but sooo down to earth. I've heard that he's also partial to craft beer. Its very early days, but I'm excited by the potential to really make an impact next season.

You own a brewery?

Archived