IGNORED

Darren Moore appointed Wednesday manager - and there's a City connection!

Curr Avon

Apologies if this has been posted already; Sheffield Wednesday appoint Doncaster Rovers manager Darren Moore | Yorkshire Post.

A good day for BAME representation in the Championship and best wishes to Mr Moore: except when they play us! 

And the City connection? Our former defender Jamie Smith, Moore's assistant manager, will also join him at Hillsborough.

Nothing to do with BAME, he's either good enough or he's not; the owner clearly thinks he can do a job but time will tell. Hell of a step back up from Donnie but every chance Owls will be back down at their lowest level this season. One of the dozens and dozens of clubs that makes you realise how futile and pendantic and rubbish all the OTiB posters are who question SL's intentions and abilites. How majy people can even name the owner of Sheffield Wed; good fans, great ground, rubbish ownership and management for years.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies if this has been posted already; Sheffield Wednesday appoint Doncaster Rovers manager Darren Moore | Yorkshire Post.

A good day for BAME representation in the Championship and best wishes to Mr Moore: except when they play us! 

And the City connection? Our former defender Jamie Smith, Moore's assistant manager, will also join him at Hillsborough.

You would think for only a dozen or so games, but they are still in the mix, so you never know.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Hopefully he can keep them up. Always been a fan of Darren Moore.

Good manager deserves a chance at this level.

Leaving Donny for Wednesday is a strange one in my eyes. Absolutely no argument that Wednesday is the bigger club but they're currently in the bottom 3, their owner is disliked by their fans, they are on their 3rd manager this season, still haven't released their accounts for last season. It seems like behind the scenes the club is in disarray (admittedly that's only looking on the outside in). 

47 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Good manager deserves a chance at this level.

Leaving Donny for Wednesday is a strange one in my eyes. Absolutely no argument that Wednesday is the bigger club but they're currently in the bottom 3, their owner is disliked by their fans, they are on their 3rd manager this season, still haven't released their accounts for last season. It seems like behind the scenes the club is in disarray (admittedly that's only looking on the outside in). 

££££££££££££*£

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Nothing to do with BAME, he's either good enough or he's not; the owner clearly thinks he can do a job but time will tell. Hell of a step back up from Donnie but every chance Owls will be back down at their lowest level this season. One of the dozens and dozens of clubs that makes you realise how futile and pendantic and rubbish all the OTiB posters are who question SL's intentions and abilites. How majy people can even name the owner of Sheffield Wed; good fans, great ground, rubbish ownership and management for years.

Sheffield Weds fans often highlighted by other clubs as having been superb as away support, both numbers and noise wise. Concur with the rest of your post. 

If I recall he nearly kept WBA up after getting the job in impossible circumstances and they sacked him the following season when they were third or fourth! Madness. Good luck to him at Wednesday, he'll need it! Was touted a few weeks ago as a possible at BCFC. Wouldn't have been disappointed.

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have no memory whatsoever of Jamie Smith. In the first team? 

He was sent off in a game at Chesterfield that finished 2-2, other than that I just remember thinking he wasn't very good.

As for Moore I agree with the person who says this might be with league 1 in mind. But from his POV it's would be hard to get a Doncaster promotion over the line through the play offs and even if Wednesday are poor at the moment they are still likely to above Doncaster in the pyramid in a few years time. But a likely problem I see could be joining Wednesday is finding out things are worse than promised on arrival, and then just having to just get on with things in difficult circumstances.

8 hours ago, San Fran City said:

Sheffield Weds fans often highlighted by other clubs as having been superb as away support, both numbers and noise wise. Concur with the rest of your post. 

I was not impressed this season. Indicative of their slide.

5 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

He was sent off in a game at Chesterfield that finished 2-2, other than that I just remember thinking he wasn't very good.

As for Moore I agree with the person who says this might be with league 1 in mind. But from his POV it's would be hard to get a Doncaster promotion over the line through the play offs and even if Wednesday are poor at the moment they are still likely to above Doncaster in the pyramid in a few years time. But a likely problem I see could be joining Wednesday is finding out things are worse than promised on arrival, and then just having to just get on with things in difficult circumstances.

And getting sacked in a years time 

13 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Dejphon Chansiri. One of the bad examples of foreign investment. Widely despised by the fans.

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

How majy people can even name the owner of Sheffield Wed; good fans, great ground, rubbish ownership and management for years.

Dejphon Chansiri. His surname is all over the shirts and in one of the stands!

Also, good appointment for Darren Moore. Hope he does well (apart from when playing against City!)

Nothing against Darren Moore but I hope they go down.

The only exception to the rule in this respect is if it's Sheffield Wednesday or Derby for the last relegation place- the latter seem especially loathsome as a club. My supposition is that Morris is worse and more brazen than Chansiri.

Failing that though, can only wish relegation on Sheffield Wednesday- might teach Chansiri and some of their fans a bit of humility. Though vs Derby and Mel Morris they are to an extent, the lesser of two evils IMO.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nothing against Darren Moore but I hope they go down.

The only exception to the rule in this respect is if it's Sheffield Wednesday or Derby for the last relegation place- the latter seem especially loathsome as a club. My supposition is that Morris is worse and more brazen than Chansiri.

Failing that though, can only wish relegation on Sheffield Wednesday- might teach Chansiri and some of their fans a bit of humility. Though vs Derby and Mel Morris they are to an extent, the lesser of two evils IMO.

Derby currently being roundly spanked by Cardiff. 3-0 down on 70 mins

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Derby currently being roundly spanked by Cardiff. 3-0 down on 70 mins

On one hand I want Cardiff to drop points for our outside playoff place, but otoh I want Derby to slide back into the mire! Badly conflicted, I suspect Derby should have enough to survive but hope not.

Archived