IGNORED

own up: who queued for 26 hours for a Bristol City ticket?

Racking my brains here, been in possibly 5 big ques, when they sold wembley tickets, from the dolman entrance.

I think we qued from not far off the corner off duckmoor for the mansfield game, 3 hours.

One of the biggest ques i was in was away to oxford under benny,

The que went right into the next street.

Was he stood behind one of those people who look like they're queueing, but then when you ask them they respond with something like "no mate, you go ahead I'm not queuing". 

Either that or he has a dog that he has to take out with him, and he was queuing behind a lamp post....

26 hours? Ticket office was slow then, but even that is a bit far fetched....

9 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The que at temple meads, for carlise, in cardiff, was a shocker.

A fair few jumped in cabs.

That was a nightmare. I think we jumped on a train somewhere random then just got a Bristol connection elsewhere on the network. 

Very hazy day!

Edit: Now I come to think of it, we got back late and headed to Walkabout. Rammed with City and a great night! I’d forgotten about that for almost 20 years ?

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Listening to radio bristol,talking about the longest time they have queued for.

Jason in Horfield said he queued up for 26 hours to get a ticket for the Hull play off final

Thats dedication.

He meant to say that queued for 26 hours for  the bus from Horfield to get to the play off final..

On that note it seemed like 26 hours I queued on to get from the M32 onto the M4 going to the play off final in Cardiff. 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Listening to radio bristol,talking about the longest time they have queued for.

Jason in Horfield said he queued up for 26 hours to get a ticket for the Hull play off final

Thats dedication.

Yep. I did this and slept in the car park. 

There must have been about a thousand of us there.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Walsall play offs. Straight back from Walsall into the queue for the replay tickets.

waste of time that was too. 

Yep did exactly the same.

Back from Walsall, straight to the pub for a few more and then grab a few cans and get in the queue for the replay tickets.

Was a cracking night down the gate tbf!

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The que at temple meads, for carlise, in cardiff, was a shocker.

A fair few jumped in cabs.

Went from Keynsham station to Cardiff for Brighton. Station was packed got on the train from Brighton.

Brighton fans shocked to see so many get on.

But it saved chaos at Temple meads

• Admin
2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

it was the ldv final.

And i can assure you there was ques.

I was thinking the same

Can remember getting there about 9am and I joined the queue around by the City shop.

The problem was the queue went down the side of The Williams Stand, behind the Atyeo then back around to the portacabins back past the Dolman Stand

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Bit confused by this - ticket sales were handled for the play-off final by Ticketmaster on the phone and online so not sure where he was queueing... 

I was going to post the same - Ticketmaster certainly showed City how to operate an efficient online ticket service - took about ten minutes - no worries. So, like you, not sure why someone had to queue for 26 hours?!

I remember when it was announced that fans had to attend the Wolves fixture to obtain a voucher to be able to purchase a ticket for the first Liverpool home fixture in the FA Cup in 93/94. 

The queues around the ground were carnage that day. 

Then there was the infamous Derby against the Sags in the mid 90's where they seemed to have sold every seat in the ground twice so a good number of season ticket holders got locked out. 

For a one off game, the queue for the Stoke game at Wembley in 2000 was pretty big. I recall joining it in front of the Williams entrance and it running around the back of the East End and then the Dolman to the Dolman ticket booths. 

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

Walsall play offs. Straight back from Walsall into the queue for the replay tickets.

waste of time that was too. 

That was mad!

I managed to get tickets for the away leg then stopped to ring a mate (remember having to stop to call someone) to find out they were putting tickets on sale before most of us got back or very soon after IIRC!

Said mate went straight to the Gate and bought 6. We were supposed to take over from him but were seriously delayed (in the pub). :)

The biggest queue I remember was for Forest in the LC semi in 1989, it was massive. Then Forest opened the seats on the day anyway!

In the first division days, the queues were enormous, we used to be queuing at 1 and it took a fair while to get in. Coventry away for THAT game was just bonkers!

2 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yep did exactly the same.

Back from Walsall, straight to the pub for a few more and then grab a few cans and get in the queue for the replay tickets.

Was a cracking night down the gate tbf!

Same here. People get frustrated with phone/internet queues but to physically go and stand is another thing again. 

I don’t think it was this match, but certainly remember Colin Sexton (sp?) handing out cup of tea to people who had queued for hours. Maybe our first LDV final?

Living in Southampton I heard on radio Bristol that City had some more tickets and would sale them the next morning. So I decided the only way I would get a ticket for the Hull City match was to drive up to Bristol  a que. So I set off for Bristol at around 20.00 and got to the gate parked up about 22.00. Their were lots of people queuing up around the car park walls. Luckily it was a dry night and keep myself awake by talking to other fans and going for a walk, people keep your place in the que. We were expecting the tickets to go on sale around 09.00. As i got closer to the ticket office I had to turn off my mobile as my office in Southampton were chasing me. At around 11.00 people were walking past us with tickets and I started thinking I bet they are sold out before I got to the window. But at around 12.00 I got my ticket, got back to the car. Made up a story to the office and got back to Southampton around 14.00. So the whole trip for me was around  18 hours.

For the City Hull playoff final.  Got a phone call from wife at work at 10.am.  drove from Cornwall to Ashton Gate, slept over night in que.  If I remember correct they gave out raffle tickets so you could keep your place, this was so you could at least get some food.  Ticket office opened at 10 am.  Finally got back to Cornwall at 5pm.  Was it worth it off course brilliant day out , wrong result, but as city  supporter's we get used to it.

Joined the queue for Hull tickets at about 4am (straight from finishing work) and felt dismayed there were so many there. Really doubted if I'd get a ticket.

Luckily the weather was accommodating and I even managed a few hours sleep on the concrete before waking up to find my best mate arriving with a sausage roll to keep me going! Was a decent atmosphere overnight and you could see the delight on the face of every person walking away from the Gate with a ticket that day.

I remember that as much as any goal I've seen us score over the years and I'd do it all over again (if I really had to :D)

Archived