Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

UK World Cup Bid


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, The Bard said:

 

They want to control the whole area so that their sponsors get monopolies on what fans can buy.  For example, if you want a beer it will probably by a Budweiser. You won't be able to get a Pepsi for love nor money.   If the stadium is in the middle of nowhere, FIFA can control the surrounding area and you have a captive audience.  If it's like Ashton Gate or Anfield and surrounded by residential areas and shops etc it means the fans use these rather than 'experiencing the atmosphere' in the exclusion zone.

Hence it may actually be Wembley plus the Olympic Stadium, rather than using the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, or Spurs Stadium - all of which are pretty cramped in and surrounded by pubs, shops and houses etc. Olympic Stadium might be crap for atmosphere, but my god is it controllable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Might be something that FIFA invented as the FA weren’t prepared to ‘donate’ to Blatter and Plantini’s benevolent fund..................:cool2:

And that, in a nutshell, is the truth....

Should have added that it's also the case they demand exclusive rights to travel and accommodation across huge swathes of participating cities. London, you've no chance.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hence it may actually be Wembley plus the Olympic Stadium, rather than using the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, or Spurs Stadium - all of which are pretty cramped in and surrounded by pubs, shops and houses etc. Olympic Stadium might be crap for atmosphere, but my god is it controllable.

They'd hate Cardiff and Dublin too. Cardiff couldn't be less cut off if it tried 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Banned User said:

We'll have the Atyeo renovated by then (after our 3rd successive season in the top half of the Prem) & should be able to host some good games. One of the most modern grounds in the country. 

I ‘think’ World Cup stadiums have to hold 40,000, so it would need more than a new Atyeo stand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I ‘think’ World Cup stadiums have to hold 40,000, so it would need more than a new Atyeo stand. 

Correct that’s why we struggle to get tickets in grounds like saint etienne when we played the argies in 98 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I ‘think’ World Cup stadiums have to hold 40,000, so it would need more than a new Atyeo stand. 

What was the 'life expectancy' Lansdown put on the Dolman stand when talking about the rebuild? Baring in mind that 2030 would be 15 years after the rebuild could a new Dolman stand be on the horizon and any world cup bid potential influence the size of the prospective new stand? I think you'd struggle to fit a 40,000 seater stadium at Ashton Gate even if the Atyeo stand became the size of the South Stand and the Dolman the size of the Lansdown then you'd add 6600 seats ish and increase capacity to just over 33,500 another 6500 seats would be tough to add

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

What was the 'life expectancy' Lansdown put on the Dolman stand when talking about the rebuild? Baring in mind that 2030 would be 15 years after the rebuild could a new Dolman stand be on the horizon and any world cup bid potential influence the size of the prospective new stand? I think you'd struggle to fit a 40,000 seater stadium at Ashton Gate even if the Atyeo stand became the size of the South Stand and the Dolman the size of the Lansdown then you'd add 6600 seats ish and increase capacity to just over 33,500 another 6500 seats would be tough to add

You'd make the Atyeo stand huge, matching the height of the lansdown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, James54De said:

You'd make the Atyeo stand huge, matching the height of the lansdown. 

Previously haven’t we been told that’s not possible? The Atyeo is at pretty much its max height now unless there have been changes to development laws etc in the last several years? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll be 99! :( ⚰️

Well I for one will stick a flake in you and give you a lick.

I'll only be 94 so if you are into younger men it should be plenty of motivation for the both of us to make it that far 🤪🤭

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Previously haven’t we been told that’s not possible? The Atyeo is at pretty much its max height now unless there have been changes to development laws etc in the last several years? 

Have to buy the houses behind with a compulsory purchase order much like Spurs did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...