IGNORED

Andi Weimann

mozo

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`d pay good money to see a `last man standing` competition between him, Andi Weimann and Bobby Reid.

Regulars on the OTIB Runners sub forum might be familiar with a race in the US called Big's Backyard Ultra. It's a test of endurance in which runners have to run around a four mile trail course basically until the rest of the field has quit. The winners tend to exceed 300 miles.

Put Nagy and Weimann to the test!

On 03/03/2021 at 16:24, SouthS22 said:

I'm going against the grain on this one and I wonder if there might be an element of rose tinted specs here.  I don't rate him.  And especially not in that midfield role.  Yes, he has great energy and his work off the ball is excellent and he does sometimes provide a good outlet for a forward pass becasuse he'll run with it.  But often as not, that run is down a blind alley and he ends up losing the ball.  For me, as a midfield player you need to be able to pass, and that I don't think he can do very well, certainly not on a consistent basis.  I'd like to see some pass stats but the number of times I've been frustrated with him for giving the ball away is what sticks in my mind.  The trouble is, he's not a great striker either becuase while he does score some goals, again more often than not he misses, sometimes real sitters.   I don't know what his average is but it ain't great.  So, he kind of falls between two positions, and excels in neither.  I do hope he gets a new contract because he's a useful utility player, and can bring real energy from the bench, but he's not one for the starting line up for me.  

I might go further, when we consider he is reportedly one of the highest wages in the team - I think those wages should go for a player that is more likely to consistently affect a game.

AW has a few great games (Sheffield Utd away) and is always consistent, but far too often it's pressing and energy with little [game changing] output.

I think we need a change in the top earners - they haven't been able to sustain a promotion push. At his age there is no reason to think he will improve significantly now - even with better coaching.

Archived