IGNORED

Bournemouth (H) - Weds 3rd March 19:45 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 hours to go and they're already on page two; https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/bristol-city-v-afc-bournemouth.13572/

Unfortunately we are facing them in the middle of a resurge in their form, and under the guidance of Nigel Pearson who I really wanted us to employ as someone who knows his way around this league and has proven success.

Several other posters mention our long list of injuries and reckon finishing better than Swansea did will result in a win for them.

Do we go unchanged again? It’ll be our 3rd game in a week against another decent side. Probably a step too far? Our midfield does need to be at it tomorrow. Can’t afford to drop off against the likes of Pearson, Cook and Lerma. 

53 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do we go unchanged again? It’ll be our 3rd game in a week against another decent side. Probably a step too far? Our midfield does need to be at it tomorrow. Can’t afford to drop off against the likes of Pearson, Cook and Lerma.

Can't afford to get close to Lerma either, sneaky little cheat. 

I say we accept they will score and just go for it, a good 4-3 win will put a smile on people's faces  :)

Just a reminder that this game is a 7.45 KO on SkySports, so not available on RobinsTV I assume.  If you don't have Sky a 24 hour pass is available from Now TV or there will be the usual choice of your illigitimate streams (oops, it does look like it's on Robins TV after all - I thought Sky games were not included, so confused) 

Hesgoal and Daddygo seem fairly reliable sources.

Not sure what the team is likely to be as we don't have too much experience of the manager's selection process, willingness to rotate, etc.  What we do know is that squad fitness remains limited, forcing his hand in some respects.

Hoping for 3 out of 3 for our new boss as we continue making plans for Nigel.

Good morning Ostriches! Get your head out the sand it's matchday!

Nigel Pearson's Ostrich Army is unstoppable! Nigel Pearson's Ostrich Army is unbeatable! Nigel Pearson's Ostrich Army is UNITED! He's done the unpossible and everyone sane and/or sober seems happy!

image.png.f2ab8a5388ef3e5211811057befafdc3.png

But, have a think about it, are you all being a little bit desperate? Imagine you come out of a toxic relationship, it has some high highs, and some real low lows, you then settle for a mediocre man for 4 years. He rescues you from a bad place but halfway through it starts going sour. You try to make it work. It doesn't, it just gets worse, then after you break up you have a fling with his best friend. Stupid right? Then you take 6 weeks to think about it, and against all the advice of your friends you enter into a relationship with this guy. You think he's a great human, an honest bloke, but it turns out he's just the same as his best mate! Of course it goes wrong, and fast. One week after breaking up after everyone you knew threatened to disown you if you stayed with him, along comes this handsome older gentleman. It's real exciting, he asks you if you can "stick your head in the sand" if you know what I mean, and things are off to a great start, but are you really going to marry him? Immediately? That's a bit desperate! You're attractive, you're rich, you've got huge tracks of (fai)land, and big ol Bristol Cities. You can wait it out a little bit, see if someone better comes along, see if this guy is really serious about you, maybe move in together and see how it goes before committing. Just don't be desperate ok! You're worth more than that!

Bournemouth should have been one of the teams vying for automatic promotion but they idiotically hired the assistant of their previous manager! Fools! They sacked him when the team didn't do as well as expected, weird! Someone call a plagiarist, I think I've heard this story before! The thing is they sacked him while in 6th place, and they're currently 7th... so the pressure is very much on. Bournemouth had a big old burly brawl at the end of their last match and Jack Wilshire got sent off and they are in mixed form! In their last 7 league games it's 3 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses but they did go away to Burnley (who made 8 changes) in the FA cup and upset them. We welcome back Joe Jordan and Lloyd Kelly. I can't stand Ben Pearson. Good player though! Can we stand up to a nasty game? Good chance to show improvement in that area!

If we'd appointed Woodgate what would the reaction have been? 

Game is on the red button...

image.png.1bcdfcec647a15e18634809e228a7cd5.png

COYR

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just a reminder that this game is a 7.45 KO on SkySports, so not available on RobinsTV I assume.  If you don't have Sky a 24 hour pass is available from Now TV or there will be the usual choice of your illigitimate streams (oops, it does look like it's on Robins TV after all - I thought Sky games were not included, so confused) 

Not sure what the team is likely to be as we don't have too much experience of the manager's selection process, willingness to rotate, etc.  What we do know is that squad fitness remains limited, forcing his hand in some respects.

C9A6787A-5746-4D2B-9E92-F178BFE88BC5.jpeg

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think it only applies when it is a main event, not red button. It is very confusing…

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I have a months pass from Now TV - does anyone know if that includes red button?

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think it only applies when it is a main event, not red button. It is very confusing…

I must admit that I did think it was main event for some reason, but rules seem to differ between away and home sky games from what I remember, then red button games and main event games and then you get a blackout for international broadcast games as well.  I'm not sure that the club always remind us sometimes as well.  Either way, so long as I can watch the game somewhere, I'm happy.

Easy to get confused unless you have nothing other than beer and football in your life to think about.

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I must admit that I did think it was main event for some reason, but rules seem to differ between away and home sky games from what I remember, then red button games and main event games and then you get a blackout for international broadcast games as well.  I'm not sure that the club always remind us sometimes as well.  Either way, so long as I can watch the game somewhere, I'm happy.

Easy to get confused unless you have nothing other than beer and football in your life to think about.

yes, sometimes it's free to STH's too when it's on SKY.

Archived