IGNORED

Bournemouth (H) - Weds 3rd March 19:45 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No it doesn't.

Yes, it does now.

Got a Sky Sports Month Pass, and one of the supported devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Boxes (except the NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview)
  • YouView box
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV
  • JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV.

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

19 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

Yes, it does now.

Got a Sky Sports Month Pass, and one of the supported devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • YouView box
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Well I have a NOW TV Box which is the Smart Box with Freeview and have it shown as a bonus stream for tonight and have watched previously on it

#I had Sky Q installed a week ago (greatest mistake of my life). Have spent the last week trying to come to grips with it and last evening I checked out the red button and all I got was message telling me constantly that there was a problem and to try again. I did si and always the same result.

I rang Sky this morning and had two conversations with women in Bulgaria, one of whom did not even know what football was and neither were familiar with the red button function. I eventually got through to the UK only to encounter a Scotsman whose accent was so strong I could barely understand a word he said. He was (I think) unable to help.

Did anyone have the same problem last night with either Q box or HD+ box have a problem or is it just my incompetence with Sky Q and I will have the same issue this evening? HELP please.

22 minutes ago, jayjay said:

#I had Sky Q installed a week ago (greatest mistake of my life). Have spent the last week trying to come to grips with it and last evening I checked out the red button and all I got was message telling me constantly that there was a problem and to try again. I did si and always the same result.

I rang Sky this morning and had two conversations with women in Bulgaria, one of whom did not even know what football was and neither were familiar with the red button function. I eventually got through to the UK only to encounter a Scotsman whose accent was so strong I could barely understand a word he said. He was (I think) unable to help.

Did anyone have the same problem last night with either Q box or HD+ box have a problem or is it just my incompetence with Sky Q and I will have the same issue this evening? HELP please.

I am on Sky HD+ box. The main difference between Q and my version  is that for Red Button Games, I will only get Standard Definition whilst Q will offer HD.

However, if you go to Planner right now, select Sky Football Channel (403 i think it is),

scroll to whatever the match is at 7.45 (after Rangers v JET) 

Select Record. You will then be shown all the matches on the Red button. 

Select Bristol City. Your box will then record.

To retrieve the match, go back to planner and it will be there recording from 7.40pm....it better do as I've set my HD+ box to do exactly this! A benefit of doing it this way is do that you can sync it up with Radio Brizz commentary. As soon as ref blows whistle to start, press pause and wait for Radio Brizz to catch up. This can be anything between 0 and 2 mins! I have to rely on the internet for the audio feed courtesy of ROBINS TV (listen only) service.

1 hour ago, Back of the net said:

Yes, it does now.

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • YouView box
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV

Life was a lot less complicated when you just had BBC 1, 2 and ITV. 

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

I always watch us on the red button when available on my Sky Q box. I’m not sure what you were looking for last night so can’t comment but the red button only works when something is on it.

You can’t access it much before kick off, in fact I think it only gets going 4 or 5 minutes before kick off.

Sky Q is a pretty good set up but I agree it’s let down by it’s user friendliness. There are a few things that aren’t as good as normal Sky + 

Again, I’d like to see a solid, performance with effort until the end.

Bournemouth 2-0 or 2-1 for me though.

I think big Nige will sort this club out, but this season has already been caste in my opinion and whilst Nigel’s appointment will arrest any slide and act as a filip, there are many points still to drop this season. And this game is one of them.

18 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just a reminder that this game is a 7.45 KO on SkySports, so not available on RobinsTV I assume.  If you don't have Sky a 24 hour pass is available from Now TV or there will be the usual choice of your illigitimate streams (oops, it does look like it's on Robins TV after all - I thought Sky games were not included, so confused) 

Hesgoal and Daddygo seem fairly reliable sources.

Not sure what the team is likely to be as we don't have too much experience of the manager's selection process, willingness to rotate, etc.  What we do know is that squad fitness remains limited, forcing his hand in some respects.

Hoping for 3 out of 3 for our new boss as we continue making plans for Nigel.

Also on TALKSPORT 2 if you are out and about (and not within Radio Bristol or Somerset reception area)

It seemed even Nige couldn't quite believe we didn't go 2 or 3 down at Swansea. We can't expect teams to keep on missing good chances - it was what caught up with us at Watford. 

I was pleased to hear him say they are working on how to stop so many crosses coming in, although not convinced they have got too far on that yet. 

I hope we get a good performance but I feel the play offs are out of reach. Lots of games for Nige to get to know and judge our squad and hopefully re-shape it this summer. 

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Do I go to robins tv or red button? Financially makes sense to go red button but there is bugger all analysis apart from in game commentary...

Robins TV is hit and miss - paid my last tenner for that rubbish.

Free stream for me, at least if I miss a few minutes here and there I haven't paid for it.

Better picture/coverage on ESPN or similar anyway.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Free stream for me, at least if I miss a few minutes here and there I haven't paid for it.

Depriving the club of much needed revenue, well done. 

The picture quality is always good , the commentary sucks unless Tinnion is in the box . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

BBC 2 ? 

We dreamed of BBC 2 when I were a lad ...

It weren’t even complicated cause we didn’t ‘ave a Telly . 

You were lucky.............we had an empty cardboard box and two sock puppets, you try watching War n Peace on that?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

BBC 2 ? 

We dreamed of BBC 2 when I were a lad ...

It weren’t even complicated cause we didn’t ‘ave a Telly . 

Just sat listening to MOR music on Radio Bristol waiting for Phil Tottle to phone up. If the updates were less than 20 minutes apart something had happened, you usually got a clue by the presenters tone of voice. :) 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Just sat listening to MOR music on Radio Bristol waiting for Phil Tottle to phone up. If the updates were less than 20 minutes apart something had happened, you usually got a clue by the presenters tone of voice. :) 

That dreadful moment ‘ there’s been a goal at Ashton Gate ... ‘ 

:pray:

‘ Yes , and it’s gone to City ... ‘ 

:banana:

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Depriving the club of much needed revenue, well done. 

The picture quality is always good , the commentary sucks unless Tinnion is in the box . 

How do you know how the service is for me ?

Its crap 50% of the time I've used it.

Depriving the club :laughcont:

Glad its fantastic for you - well done.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I bought a season's pass for Robins TV at £110, that's less than £3 per game which is fantastic value. I watched almost all games and only had an odd glitch. So, for me, on a Windows 10 laptop under Chrome it's been generally very good service. 

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I bought a season's pass for Robins TV at £110, that's less than £3 per game which is fantastic value. I watched almost all games and only had an odd glitch. So, for me, on a Windows 10 laptop under Chrome it's been generally very good service. 

I'm on the same set up but I can't say its been the same for me - and others.

Archived