IGNORED

Bournemouth (H) - Weds 3rd March 19:45 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This defeat puts to bed the ‘we can make the playoffs’ thoughts.

We will stay up, and hopefully Pearson can recruit the players we need to make a fist of it next season.

We looked solid and compact first half, could have possibly conceded, and Bentley who has saved us about 10 points this season has made a once in a season error.

I don’t like Wells in that wide position, think Semenyo offers more.

Lansbury as someone else has said is a waste of a wage, and thankfully will only be here for this season.

Lots to build on and more like a top half Championship team than we have looked often this season.

Lucky winner, but that’s life.

Thought we were poor and Bournemouth not exactly an inspiring side either. Bit of a turd of a game.

Disappointed for Bentley but he will bounce back. 

Lacking a Tinnion style playmaker in midfield. Still no creativity in this team for me. 

Can surely only get better however. Onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

City's style has been like this when going a goal down with not much urgency all season and under Johnson last term. It's just frustrating

I think that some look really tired, this constant Sat-Wed-Sat fixture list doesn’t help, lots of effort put in the last 2 games, maybe just one or two just not totally up with the pace.

Just now, Red Exile said:

Apart from Nahki Wells through the middle, fair enough. Our most talented players include Palmer and Nagy...and they are both playing in positions that suit them...that's what I was thinking of. 

Agreed.

Never been a fan of Palmer, but he has been superb lately. I had a new experience tonight, found myself disappointed to see the back of him.

Nagy for me is the new Paul Hartley.

15 minutes ago, bris red said:

The clear out in the summer will be intriguing if Pearson does hopefully stay.. Really looking forward to seeing the types of players he will bring in to be honest.

Indeed, if we do a clear out we'll 100% need NP to bring in better players. Players will want to play under him. 

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We haven’t scored a goal or got a point in the minutes Lansbury has had

Shouldnt have been in. Not fit enough. Massengo far better when he came on. Fitter and quicker having played much more. Wells out wide again and Diedhiou well being Diedhiou. Semenyo should have been on earlier with Wells up front. But we should be safe from relegation.

Just now, GasDestroyer said:

Really disappointed with Fammy again tonight. One brilliant game and then 4/5 really poor games for me. Really needs to find a level of consistency. Not good enough.

One of many who needs shot of this Summer

Bit gutting as you won't see two worst goals this season for Bournemouth, the first goal should of been stopped way beforehand because of Hunts head injury, awful refeering.

But at the end of the day Nige has come in to stop the halt and steer away any relegation troubles we may have, and he's done that so we're still in line with our targets for the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Really disappointed with Fammy again tonight. One brilliant game and then 4/5 really poor games for me. Really needs to find a level of consistency. Not good enough.

Doubt he will ever change it's why he is not playing at a higher level, as the cliché goes one minute world beater next panel beater that phrase could have been coined to describe him to a t.

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Missed Hunt and then Vyner from midfield. Players looked tired come the end but with injuries need one more big performance on Saturday before a week off. Kalas Nagy Bakinson Palmer Mariappa all had very good games. Always gutting to lose but 6 points from 3 very difficult games is an excellent return. 

4 defeats at home on the trot needs to stop. I really hope NP improves our home form as it’s been shit for quite a time now

I think he will but needs some time.

28 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

The gulf in class is massive. We’ve offered zero in the second half. And nothing much in the first. 

if that’s playing well I’d rather watch snails eating paper.

We need a massive rethink and 10 new players.

I would stay in SA if I were you Dave!

Archived