IGNORED

Bournemouth (H) - Weds 3rd March 19:45 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Pearson will have learned a bit about the players tonight. 

A decent performance and we've competed. But we've been undone by a concentration lapse for the second goal (not going to blame anyone for the first as Bentley was trying to get Hunt some attention) and some sloppiness in the final third. 

I think it leaves Pearson with a few positives and a few areas for improvement. 

Ah well that’s a bit disappointing. Couple of mistakes costing us tonight. Pretty unimpressed with Bournemouth given their quality - I’ll say again I don’t see them going back up this year.

Missed Vyner in midfield (great game again if not MOTM) when he went to RB - Lansbury disappointing, made the odd the challenge or clearance but distribution was poor on the whole.

Bakinson looking super in that advanced role again, lost his marker for the winner though. Nagy busy if less productive.

Wells and Palmer revitalised. Palmer in particular had a very good game. Kalas and Mapps good again.

Fam - frustrating. Did a good job as the focal point again but wasteful in the box when we needed a bit more composure.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result, but despite the loss, for me, it’s one of those games where the performance, or progress being made, makes up for it a bit. 

Really get a feeling that this squad, fully fit, playing like this under NP is an exciting prospect.

Just now, DaveInSA said:

The gulf in class is massive. We’ve offered zero in the second half. And nothing much in the first. 

if that’s playing well I’d rather watch snails eating paper.

We need a massive rethink and 10 new players.

The clear out in the summer will be intriguing if Pearson does hopefully stay.. Really looking forward to seeing the types of players he will bring in to be honest.

1 minute ago, DaveInSA said:

The gulf in class is massive. We’ve offered zero in the second half. And nothing much in the first. 

if that’s playing well I’d rather watch snails eating paper.

We need a massive rethink and 10 new players.

Goes to look in treatment room...

Better team won, no doubt about that. Was disappointed not to see Fam replaced, I felt their was space in behind for a forward with some legs. They might also put a bit of pressure on the centre half’s too rather than let them walk it out from the back. 

All in all though, at least we competed.

Just now, Sturny said:

See I don't mind losing this way compared to the DH games. We gave it a good go and I'm excited for the next game.

At times that looked like a DH performance. Wells out wide, and collectively ineffective up front, and conceding way too much possession really deep in our half. Bit disappointing really. Can’t win them all I suppose

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Really get a feeling that this squad, fully fit, playing like this under NP is an exciting prospect.

might be true that, but need a fair bit fine tuning to make us a real prospect next year... simply need more cutting edge up front as well as an ability to cut out soft goals being conceded...  should have got a point tonight..

Archived