IGNORED

Best Performance of the Three

Port Said Red

Yep played well at times. There is an obvious gulf in technical ability between the sides but we are still 'finding ourselves' under Pearson. It wasnt short of effort like we had with DH and not too disheartened with the result. Great performances again by Vyner and Bakinson! Feel sorry for Bentley though saved us numerous times this season.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Obviously not the result, but I liked the way we set up, the progressive way the players interacted and the fluid formation. Definitely things to build on there.

Just a shame we're a yard slow and can't pass a ball or defend corners.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`ll be interesting to see what NP can do with them in a full week of training next week - there`s no midweek game for the first time in God knows how long.

I can imagine it'll be a bonus just to lighten the physical intensity for a week, for those few remaining that have two functioning legs. 

Reckon if we’d have gone in at half time 1-0 we might have held on.  It was still miles better than the last home games under DH. Work to do but we’ll not come up against many sides better than Bournemouth 

We worked hard but looked knackered, no surprise seeing as most of that side has played every game recently with no experienced options to bring on.

Wasn’t helped by Famara being poor & the ref definitely looking to give them every 50/50.

Looks like Lansbury is becoming the latest scapegoat, he wasn’t anything great tonight but was no worse than several others.

Wells (previous scapegoat) was one of our better players & put in quite a shift, one superb clearance from Kalas, too.

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yep played well at times. There is an obvious gulf in technical ability between the sides but we are still 'finding ourselves' under Pearson. It wasnt short of effort like we had with DH and not too disheartened with the result. Great performances again by Vyner and Bakinson! Feel sorry for Bentley though saved us numerous times this season.

So clearly distracted by Hunt going down with a head injury, poor refereeing really.

We had the rub of the green Saturday. We didn’t tonight. I actually enjoyed tonight and watching City being very disciplined and working hard without the ball was a real plus. Also the work rate from Kasey Palmer and Nahki Wells was fantastic to see . As there have been questions over there desire. 

Horrible to lose to two rubbish goals but the effort was there. 

Really held shape well pretty much throughout. Disappointed we passed to everyone apart from Diedhiou and I felt he gave up quite a few times when it wasn't going to reach him rather than just getting on with it.

Bournemouth have some good experience in their side, if we keep the effort up we should have no problem picking up more good results.

Can't complain. This team was in the Premier League last season and it showed. They have really good movement and unbelievable quality out wide. Half time they upped their game and got closer to us. Our shape and work rate was good and we competed. Undone by two wicked balls by Stanislas.

Pleased with the performance and there's plenty of positives and to work on.

The opposite of some games this season where we've performed poorly but won. I actually find myself feeling more content now than I did after some of those games.

Not a stellar performance, still work to be done. But solid, an improvement on recent games, and consistent enough across the whole match.

We lost, but I'm ok with it if we can build on that performance.

Don’t like coming on straight after games as usually provokes a response that is not a true result of 90 minutes BUT was very happy with tonight’s performance and play like that until end of season will surely amass 60 points plus ,which with injuries this season is amazing but what does substitutions offer ? And as for Lansbury does the bloke play football and does he have a second gear -not for me 

Gutted to have lost, but a week ago if someone would have offered us 6 points from the next 3 games, 99.9% on here would have snapped your arm off!!!

Better performance, despite Bournemouth having it all their own way for the first 15-20 minutes. We look better as a team, players look better (as well as interested again), we're pulling passes off more. That's in a week.

Realistically, very few of us think we'll push for the playoffs this year, and that we're now at a point, where Pearson has time to assess the squad/club from top to bottom from now until the end. As long as we finish positively, and in the higher half of the table, after the form we were in that will be a successful season. 

After that, NP will (hopefully, providing he stays) be able to say who to keep and get rid of, as well as building his own side, in his own style. If that all happens, then next season is the one to get excited about.

The future is bright(er) than it was a month ago.

Archived