IGNORED

Nagy

Superjack

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

How anyone had doubts about his ability really is beggars belief, a top quality midfielder and it’s players like Nagy that Pearson will look to build the team around next season in my opinion.

To be fair, he has been below par in quite a few games

25 minutes ago, Superjack said:

The closest thing I have seen to Paul Hartley since Paul Hartley.

Think Nagy touch sometimes lets him down in certain areas of pitch,I agree he's got qualities his short range passing is good also his energy,Just needs to add goals to his game, Hartleys quality of passing and range of passing was steps ahead and he didn't really need those running levels he used to just sit in that midfield and make it tick so In a way a different kind of midfielder. Nagy can only improve with experience,So far at this time Hartley would be the better midfielder of the two.

I paid particular attention to him last night, a player I really enjoy watching. His awareness and positioning is fantastic, always looking over his shoulder checking for a threat and looking for space. He’s got a fantastic engine on him too, he must be up there with distance covered per game. 

People will know I’ve been critical of Nagy last season but he’s turned it around for me this season and done very well. 
But I thought last night was his worst game this season. 
Yes, the energy, running, chasing etc was all still there, but his awareness on the ball and his use of the ball was awful last night. And he was also very weak in a number of tackles too. 
Not his usual performance, and I actually thought that was back to the Nagy I used to criticise last season. 

Not having a pop at him, as I say, he’s actually turned my opinion around on him, but I can’t pretend that was a good performance from his last night. 

i see no resemblence with Hartley and cant believe we have Harry, on this forum, namely someone prepared to change their mind positively; well done Harry and i also agree with your comments. For me Nagy has been in a midfield without the experience around him of our opposition. It may be he improves further as Bako gets better or if  W.W.W - (Walsh, Williams, Weimann) - return fit next season.

I loved Hartley but he had no 'legs'/engine so see the two as completley different players. I also though Marv was a great player for us over the years but he had seveal spells of mediocty when recovering his fitness which i believe is how Nagy was forced to play (due to lack of options) under Dean Holden.

Exciting to see which of our 8 midfielders, NP wishes to 'build the team' around, if any. He may rather decide to build round the spine (Bents, Kalas, Nagy, Fam) or around a formation - too mumerous these days to list them all. One thing NP cant complain about is lack of options

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

People will know I’ve been critical of Nagy last season but he’s turned it around for me this season and done very well. 
Yes, the energy, running, chasing etc was all still there, but his awareness on the ball and his use of the ball was awful last night. And he was also very weak in a number of tackles too. 
Not his usual performance, and I actually thought that was back to the Nagy I used to criticise last season. 

Not having a pop at him, as I say, he’s actually turned my opinion around on him, but I can’t pretend that was a good performance from his last night. 

Glad I’m not the only one who thought he was below par last night. Some of his first touches were poor and passes were pretty wasteful I thought.

8 hours ago, Selred said:

Nagy reminds me more of Marvin Elliott. All over the pitch, great engine. 

Hartley didn't have legs so nothing like Nagy, terrific passer of the ball was PH mind. 

Errr...he's far more creative, Elliott was a destroyer and midfield powerhouse, Nagy is more a link up player

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought he was pretty decent last night, but on reflection, it’s probably another performance where when we are playing a better spell he looked better, and when we struggled (first 20, last 20) then so did Nagy.

I liked the good things again, but the standing off of challenges does my head in.  There was one instance where he had two chances with a couple of seconds of each other, and he pulled out of both.

I think he suits the current system, which is good....but I’d like him to sometimes be the one who stands out in an average team performance.  Bakinson was good last night.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was pretty decent last night, but on reflection, it’s probably another performance where when we are playing a better spell he looked better, and when we struggled (first 20, last 20) then so did Nagy.

I liked the good things again, but the standing off of challenges does my head in.  There was one instance where he had two chances with a couple of seconds of each other, and he pulled out of both.

I think he suits the current system, which is good....but I’d like him to sometimes be the one who stands out in an average team performance.  Bakinson was good last night.

Thought T looked quality further up the pitch. Seems to have quite a natural instinct to get into the box and break the lines, which I didn’t expect. Also some lovely bits of close control in tight spaces, alongside his usual incisive passing. 

Would be keen to see him played more there. 

I felt, once again, Nagy worked well when the system worked well but, once Vyner moved to right back, the midfield balance was not quite right and Nagy struggled as a result of that.  I think, in general, he is a tactical player. He executes a gameplan very well but, if there is an enforced change to the gameplan through injury  - as last night - he doesn’t do so well when forced to improvise.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I was wondering when Pearson came in if he'd look to use Bakinson more advanced. Really looks class there.

But I think last night I'd have rather seen Lansbury the most advanced when he came on. Or just don't bring Lansbury on at all.

He was a bit of a secret weapon last night going forward and probably hadn't been identified by Bournemouth as a threat.

I'm not a fan of Bakinson's tackling (or lack thereof) but I thought he won the ball more often than usual too.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

He was a bit of a secret weapon last night going forward and probably hadn't been identified by Bournemouth as a threat.

I'm not a fan of Bakinson's tackling (or lack thereof) but I thought he won the ball more often than usual too.

A6F87AC0-866D-469B-8586-EA6371427070.jpeg

7A55FF74-32BE-47C5-846F-7B45E008CD78.jpeg

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. There was some standing off, but also a couple of challenges where he was very weak and was easily outmuscled. 
It wasn’t just that though. His first touch was generally very very poor last night. 
But more frustratingly for me was his use of the ball. Some of his passes were very slow, which enabled the opposition to close the recipient quicker. He needs to ping them in quicker, give the recipient a chance to receive the ball before he’s closed down. Lots of his easy, 5-10 yard passes, which should have easily retained possession, turned into almost 60/40’s. 
There were also a few times where he didn’t seem in tandem with the rest of the team in terms of intent. Some passages of play where we managed to keep possession well and start to move the opposite around, when the ball got to Nagy and it was crying out for him to continue the phase, with good options either inside or infront of him, his first thought was to turn away and pass it back to Kalas. It stifled what we were building into promising moves and put us back to square 1. There was no confidence or conviction in his passing. I call it ‘going through the motions’ passing. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yep. There was some standing off, but also a couple of challenges where he was very weak and was easily outmuscled. 
It wasn’t just that though. His first touch was generally very very poor last night. 
But more frustratingly for me was his use of the ball. Some of his passes were very slow, which enabled the opposition to close the recipient quicker. He needs to ping them in quicker, give the recipient a chance to receive the ball before he’s closed down. Lots of his easy, 5-10 yard passes, which should have easily retained possession, turned into almost 60/40’s. 
There were also a few times where he didn’t seem in tandem with the rest of the team in terms of intent. Some passages of play where we managed to keep possession well and start to move the opposite around, when the ball got to Nagy and it was crying out for him to continue the phase, with good options either inside or infront of him, his first thought was to turn away and pass it back to Kalas. It stifled what we were building into promising moves and put us back to square 1. There was no confidence or conviction in his passing. I call it ‘going through the motions’ passing. 

For info.

BB455898-AEA4-4B46-AFA4-E93A4BD35FF0.jpeg

B131D8FD-7B92-44BA-A2AC-80218A3736E3.jpeg

Saw a side from him I hadn’t spotted before . Leadership ! He berated his colleagues a few times in the first 20 mins gee-ing them up and trying to speed the game up .  Love Kalas but as Captain he’s just not vocal enough on the pitch . Nagy as a future Captain perhaps and midfield is always in my view the best position to lead a team from ! 

Archived