IGNORED

Derek Williams

Bristolisredd

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was thinking that, and what a life experience for a couple of years as your career winds down, one last payday, different country and culture. Good luck to the fella.

His parents are American, or at least part American.  Pretty sure he was born in Germany as one of them was in the forces.  Perhaps they are back in the states and he sees it as a chance to re-unite.

I always rated Del.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His parents are American, or at least part American.  Pretty sure he was born in Germany as one of them was in the forces.  Perhaps they are back in the states and he sees it as a chance to re-unite.

I always rated Del.

Dad is American, Mum is Irish (hence the eligibility for the Republic).

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was thinking that, and what a life experience for a couple of years as your career winds down, one last payday, different country and culture. Good luck to the fella.

When I read that I thought **** am I getting old as he was only a bit younger than me when he broke through. Double checked and he's 28 so not that old and still in his prime! I wasn't sure though feels a lifetime ago. 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I always rated Del.

And he’d have been worth his weight in gold this year with all the LCB and LB problems! 

Blimey from Lancashire to California that’s a gear change.

It certainly beats the inevitable slide down into L1 & L2 as his career winds up whereas he can have a good 5 years as a pro athlete living the LA lifestyle. Very smart.

16 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I know he played for us ages ago but this post makes it sound like he’s some sort of 35 year old journeyman

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I thought he struggled the most out of our league winning squad when being promoted but was still young & needed time to adjust. He’s ended up being a solid championship player, so he’s done well. 

Excluding Little, agreed.

1 hour ago, Red_Alligator said:

Good luck to him. Did a great job for us and as others have said, would be useful to us now. 

I think at the moment in the current injury situation he might, but longer term I'd hope we'd be after players with more ability than Williams. Great move for him though.

For players like him who probably aren't quite good enough for the Prem, a move like that is a great idea. Similar to Connor Goldson at Rangers - he will make himself a hero when (in all likelihood) they win the league in a few weeks. 

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I always rated Del.

Which part ?

Archived