IGNORED

Baker O'Dowda Walsh Watkins returning to action next week?

HappyClapper

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see how good Walsh is. Though I guess he might be a bit rusty when first appearing for us.

Might all be a waste if he is gone end of the season.

Very much depends on Pearson and if he wants to keep him, Walsh has a lot to prove over the next few months but I get a feeling he may just stick around if Pearson likes what he sees 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Still sprinting around in injury time of games, chasing rainbows

He's a young, professional athlete, Jon. He should be capable of sprinting around in injury time, imo.

My problem with Callum is, and always has been, understanding exactly what he brings to the team? In the five seasons he's been with us, he's made 137 appearances, scored 6 goals and provided 10 assists. To me, that's a very ordinary return. He doesn't dominate games, seldom wins motm, is not a tough tackler; yes, he can run with the ball, but to what good effect?I

He seems to be a nice popular guy who should offer more but, after five seasons of meh performances, I have low expectations of Callum. If NP can unlock new, as yet unseen qualities in him, I'll be delighted ... but surprised.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He's a young, professional athlete, Jon. He should be capable of sprinting around in injury time, imo.

My problem with Callum is, and always has been, understanding exactly what he brings to the team? In the five seasons he's been with us, he's made 137 appearances, scored 6 goals and provided 10 assists. To me, that's a very ordinary return. He doesn't dominate games, seldom wins motm, is not a tough tackler; yes, he can run with the ball, but to what good effect?I

He seems to be a nice popular guy who should offer more but, after five seasons of meh performances, I have low expectations of Callum. If NP can unlock new, as yet unseen qualities in him, I'll be delighted ... but surprised.

To be fair, he was in fine form before he got injured away to Hull, and scored a cracking goal against Norwich. 

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I'm with you Rudolf, the only thing i would add he is not a tough tackler because he bottles every 50/50.if he put as much effort into a tackle as he does with styling and flicking his hair we may see improvement.

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

but, after five seasons of meh performances, I have low expectations of Callum. If NP can unlock new, as yet unseen qualities in him, I'll be delighted ... but surprised.

Yeah, it’s not easy to find a role that suites his abilities. He’s pacy, has quick feet and in theory you’d think he was best suited as a wide player but he rarely delivers as his individual stats show.

Hopefully Big Nige will see something in him that enhances the match day squad but what role that might be is anyone’s guess.

Archived