IGNORED

Live streaming post covid

Lanterne Rouge

There was a thread on this recently but I can`t find it so apologies for starting a new one.

Has anyone else received the request from the EFL to complete a survey about online streaming? They appear to be testing the water about whether it should continue after we`re allowed back. The questions are quite thought-provoking - I had to think very carefully about how I see my future watching City.

If you get it, complete it - it`s not often we get a chance to have any input on things like this.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

There was a thread on this recently but I can`t find it so apologies for starting a new one.

Has anyone else received the request from the EFL to complete a survey about online streaming? They appear to be testing the water about whether it should continue after we`re allowed back. The questions are quite thought-provoking - I had to think very carefully about how I see my future watching City.

If you get it, complete it - it`s not often we get a chance to have any input on things like this.

I've absolutely no interest in going to away games anymore (having done that in the 90's) and would happily shell out for an away streaming ticket. Having said that, I'm a bit indifferent about going to home games at the moment.

I honestly do wonder how many `extras` would pay for a legal stream if it was available. There must be hundreds if not thousands of City fans who can`t get to games for a myriad of reasons - work, age, health, distance, family, cost and many others - who would happily pay for streaming if it was available. Those people are hardly ever going to get to AG and are never going to have a ST so it`s extra revenue for clubs and they get a chance to watch their team. 

I will get a ST as usual but will be sorely tempted to pay for streaming for night games in February for instance when I don`t fancy a 220 mile round trip in the freezing cold. I gave up going to away games years ago so any chance to watch them I would gladly pay for.

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I honestly do wonder how many `extras` would pay for a legal stream if it was available. There must be hundreds if not thousands of City fans who can`t get to games for a myriad of reasons - work, age, health, distance, family, cost and many others - who would happily pay for streaming if it was available. Those people are hardly ever going to get to AG and are never going to have a ST so it`s extra revenue for clubs and they get a chance to watch their team. 

I will get a ST as usual but will be sorely tempted to pay for streaming for night games in February for instance when I don`t fancy a 220 mile round trip in the freezing cold. I gave up going to away games years ago so any chance to watch them I would gladly pay for.

Living up north I would be more than happily pay for a stream on a season basis as most of my games I go to tend to be away games 

3 hours ago, daored said:

Living up north I would be more than happily pay for a stream on a season basis as most of my games I go to tend to be away games 

Same here.  I go to quite a few away games in normal times as lots of clubs nearby but very rarely get down to AG sadly - it’s just too far for a day trip and my spare time is limited.  So currently the club is getting revenue from me that it would just not get usually.  I’d be happy to pay for stream in future and the club would be making money it wouldn’t otherwise get.

Happy to pay to stream away games and have a SC for home games myself.  There is money to be made for this facility.  Those who enjoy awaydays will still go, I guess.  I've not been to an away game for years.

The price has to be right, of course but I wouldn't find a tenner a game unreasonable.

Of course, if we still had the old regime in place, I would be thinking about finding better ways to spend Saturday afternoons.

19 hours ago, daored said:

15 hours ago, YorksRed said:

Same here.  I go to quite a few away games in normal times as lots of clubs nearby but very rarely get down to AG sadly - it’s just too far for a day trip and my spare time is limited.  So currently the club is getting revenue from me that it would just not get usually.  I’d be happy to pay for stream in future and the club would be making money it wouldn’t otherwise get.

You do know you can buy a season pass for Robins TV, and have been able to for the last two seasons as well as BCTV, which would give you just that... 

It's just a rights question though. Bristol City already provided streaming of all (or 90%) of games to fans overseas pre-covid. I've subscribed on an annual basis for 3 years now. Effectively I've been a virtual ST holder for that time. I pay about £3.50 per game.

The question is really whether it can be offered domestically, and that's down to who owns and controls the commercial rights to stream.

If those can be sorted out then it costs the club nothing to extend RobinsTV domestically.

Interesting though that you've had the email from the EFL and not the club. RobinsTV is provided by the Club (outsourced to StreamAMG) with the permission of the EFL, and on the basis that they don't undercut the EFL.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's just a rights question though. Bristol City already provided streaming of all (or 90%) of games to fans overseas pre-covid. I've subscribed on an annual basis for 3 years now. Effectively I've been a virtual ST holder for that time. I pay about £3.50 per game.

The question is really whether it can be offered domestically, and that's down to who owns and controls the commercial rights to stream.

If those can be sorted out then it costs the club nothing to extend RobinsTV domestically.

Interesting though that you've had the email from the EFL and not the club. RobinsTV is provided by the Club (outsourced to StreamAMG) with the permission of the EFL, and on the basis that they don't undercut the EFL.

You do have to fill in what club you support so I guess I`m registered with the EFL for something or other.

40 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

You do know you can buy a season pass for Robins TV, and have been able to for the last two seasons as well as BCTV, which would give you just that... 

Didn’t know that , thought was just for overseas 

11 hours ago, daored said:

Didn’t know that , thought was just for overseas 

4 hours ago, Masala said:

So did I. My 87 year old dad has decided that after 76 years, this season (actually last season) will be his last of going to AG. So this would be ideal as I don't want him to move overseas...

Currently it IS just for overseas. If you want to use the standard £140 annual pass whilst in the UK then you'll also have to get a VPN to trick RobinsTV into thinking you are outside of the UK.

Please don't buy a RobinsTV annual pass for your 87 year old dad if you are not prepared to do that.

I would be worried if I was a fan of a Premier team. The genie is well and truly out of the bottle now. If anyone thinks now the TV companies have football at all times of the day it will change they are only fooling themselves.  

I hope fans are ready for 8pm Saturday and Sunday games. These are prime time and will make a lot of money through advertising.  

Archived