IGNORED

Failed uncut // background glimpses of new training ground

Unan

Yes at last! Players being drilled any top managers like partnerships working on movement, Positioning, Working on different scenarios in the box ,Working on touch and finishing.  Will happen with a defensive line and midfield as well.  Finally we can see quality in training.

With NP coming in, we might actually start to utilise Simpson and Downing a lot more on the training ground in my opinion. Might start seeing some improvements in the quality of training compared to the hours of head tennis games we saw under Holden. I was unsure about the two staying on after Dean went but hopefully they get their chance. I know they got a bit of stick on here (myself included) but they were never bad coaches just used in the wrong way. With improved pitches, facilities and what looks like coaching I am optimistic going forward. 

11 hours ago, Coppello said:

Sorry- I've only just noticed your picture- I hadn't really studied it before.

It is, without doubt (imo) the best pic of anyone on OTIB- very symbolic and very funny. Well done!

I'd love a t-shirt with that on- a Robin kicking a Blue Tit's butt 

Note to Mark Ashton: When designing a new club logo- you need to think out of the box.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sorry- I've only just noticed your picture- I hadn't really studied it before.

It is, without doubt (imo) the best pic of anyone on OTIB- very symbolic and very funny. Well done!

I'd love a t-shirt with that on- a Robin kicking a Blue Tit's butt 

Note to Mark Ashton: When designing a new club logo- you need to think out of the box.

4daa26573cf737e7d75d1f98a0e29abc.jpg

26649978-8173693-The_robin_and_a_blue_ti

13 hours ago, Street red said:

Yes at last! Players being drilled any top managers like partnerships working on movement, Positioning, Working on different scenarios in the box ,Working on touch and finishing.  Will happen with a defensive line and midfield as well.  Finally we can see quality in training.

12 hours ago, Gmac said:

With NP coming in, we might actually start to utilise Simpson and Downing a lot more on the training ground in my opinion. Might start seeing some improvements in the quality of training compared to the hours of head tennis games we saw under Holden. I was unsure about the two staying on after Dean went but hopefully they get their chance. I know they got a bit of stick on here (myself included) but they were never bad coaches just used in the wrong way. With improved pitches, facilities and what looks like coaching I am optimistic going forward. 

Sorry, I might be being dense or maybe you guys have access to the training I don't but, what so you think they were doing before,

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think it's Harvey Wiles Richards sharing goalkeeping duties with JoJo.

I admit I have no idea about training, but shooting drills like this don't seem to be anything like what would likely happen in real match situation!

I remember Daniel Sturridge when in his best form for Liverpool saying most strikers practice easy finishing in training. But he likes to shoot at unusual angles and with little time. Trying to make it harder for him which is more like real match situations.

I’m only guessing, but I would suggest that Pearson has picked up on a lack of movement in the box. Something that has bothered me for quite some time. Good movement can make a poor cross look good & vice versa. We are more often than not static ( across the pitch in all honesty! ).  Front & far was something I was taught from a very young age, a winger grabbing 2 or 3 goals a season at the the back post etc etc. Going back to the video clips, maybe they are encouraging Palmer to get into the box more. Whatever it is, it’s short & sharp, the more you practice it, the more likely it will happen in a game. COYR 

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Do they want to do those drills any closer to goal??

Poor old Max and Jojo are just standing there.

Thought exactly the same thing, Bas Savage would struggle to miss from that range.

Couldn’t see any value in it at all, very odd.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

I’m only guessing, but I would suggest that Pearson has picked up on a lack of movement in the box. Something that has bothered me for quite some time. Good movement can make a poor cross look good & vice versa. We are more often than not static ( across the pitch in all honesty! ).  Front & far was something I was taught from a very young age, a winger grabbing 2 or 3 goals a season at the the back post etc etc. Going back to the video clips, maybe they are encouraging Palmer to get into the box more. Whatever it is, it’s short & sharp, the more you practice it, the more likely it will happen in a game. COYR 

As you say that drill looked as much about the quick explosive movement, change of direction and an instinctive finish.

Also good for the keepers to test their reactions too. 

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

I remember Gary Lineker saying that people calling him a "natural goalscorer" or saying "he was just in the right place at the right time" used to annoy him because he spent hours on these sort of drills.

As he said people don't notice when you make the right runs and the ball doesn't reach you.

Archived