IGNORED

Plans for redevelopment of St Catherine`s shopping centre approved.

Lanterne Rouge

Been an eyesore for years, mind you the last time I went through Bedminster parade I didn't end up staying long.....

Re the planning, I was under the impression that all new plots have to have a certain percentage of affordable homes and/or shared ownership - that's certainly the case around here (Essex) as we are in a shared ownership home ourselves on a brand new estate (well 4 years old).

There's about a dozen houses at the higher end (£900k+), 3 shared ownerships, and about 7/8 homes owned by Epping Forest which are council tenants.

Have to be honest I don't know a lot about planning regs and legalities, I suppose it could depend on what the current usage and whether its part of a further redevelopment later on down the road. 

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Been an eyesore for years, mind you the last time I went through Bedminster parade I didn't end up staying long.....

Re the planning, I was under the impression that all new plots have to have a certain percentage of affordable homes and/or shared ownership - that's certainly the case around here (Essex) as we are in a shared ownership home ourselves on a brand new estate (well 4 years old).

There's about a dozen houses at the higher end (£900k+), 3 shared ownerships, and about 7/8 homes owned by Epping Forest which are council tenants.

Have to be honest I don't know a lot about planning regs and legalities, I suppose it could depend on what the current usage and whether its part of a further redevelopment later on down the road. 

It sounds as if the developer threatened to pull out if it was insisted on and the report does say BCC normally insist on 30%. The article says they have to review it at least twice during construction but we all know what the outcome of that will be!

Archived