IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good morning Ostriches! Get your head out the sand it's matchday!

The defeat of Nigel Pearson's Ostrich army last time out starts the clock ticking again! A mere five defeats in a row more and we're looking for a new manager! How will Nigel Pearson cope with this pressure? Is he teetering on the edge? Am I over dramatizing our situation? Yes.

I actually despite the result enjoyed the game vs Bournemouth, there was clear organisation, chances created, and we had it felt like a season high 40% possession! With the level of competition dipping after that hellish 10 game run, now's the time to get some points on the board. The players and staff can't think like that of course, but I think, if we maintain that performance level, and cut the mistakes out, we've got a good chance to win some games. It's nice in a way to look at players making errors rather than mass systematic incompetency. Speaking of mistakes, really hope Bentley isn't affected. It's not a good time to start a bad run of form by him, he's our most saleable asset! It'll be interesting to see what Pearson does after a loss. It gives you a much freer hand to make changes IMO. So we'll see how he's assessed the squad so far.

QPR are a worse team than a lot of the teams we've faced recently, they played on Wednesday, lost at home, and lost at home to Barnsley, so that's familiar! They haven't won in three, but had a 4 game winning streak previously! Remember when we beat them away this season and went third in the table? Feels like a lifetime ago but it was Dec 1st! Since then we've got 18 points from 19 games! We welcome back uncle Albert Adomah! I look forward to him being suggested in the transfer forum for the next 5 years...

image.png.6aa2d0db6251a099a8bbe5c0f6a2ed7e.pngimage.png.f7d66d7af99e960d2714519052c45eb7.png

Hope we get another competent performance because that should/might/could lead to a good result!

COYR

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

QPR started picking up some very good results beating Cardiff, Watford and Bournemouth not too long ago so expecting a tight game.

But then got mullered at home by Barnsley. They`re just like us, inconsistent mid-table fodder. Neither of us is going up or down and I suspect we`ll finish within two places of them.

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

QPR started picking up some very good results beating Cardiff, Watford and Bournemouth not too long ago so expecting a tight game.

TBF they beat Cardiff when they were shit, it was Harris last game in Charge but they beat Watford, Bournemouth and Brentford also in a 4 game winning run - then havent won in 3 since. Is LJ managing them with streaks like that?

Bit of a weird feeling today. With Nige in charge and the uptick in form/performance I have every confidence we’re not going down, but also don’t consider there’s a realistic shot of the playoffs. So, for the first time in forever, I feel I’m watching the game free of tension - and should be able to enjoy it for what it is.

After three games of much improved performances I anticipate a 2-0 win, but even if we fall short, as long as the performance traction continues I’m more than happy.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bit of a weird feeling today. With Nige in charge and the uptick in form/performance I have every confidence we’re not going down, but also don’t consider there’s a realistic shot of the playoffs. So, for the first time in forever, I feel I’m watching the game free of tension - and should be able to enjoy it for what it is.

After three games of much improved performances I anticipate a 2-0 win, but even if we fall short, as long as the performance traction continues I’m more than happy.

I found that watching the Bournemouth game. It`s not that I didn`t care about the result but more that I enjoyed the game - it`s a bit like having a weight lifted off your shoulders.

Obviously hoping for a good performance and a win.....however, QPR were extremely unfortunate to lose against us earlier in the season and they looked really good when I watched them beat Watford.

As we know there are no easy games in this league. If we can start well (something we aren’t managing at present) and score first then the optimistic me will kick in. 
In NP we trust. Whatever the outcome he will learn lots more today about what he’s inherited.

42 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Exactly how I feel. The seasons over in terms of going up or down , but far from over when it comes to watching us hopefully transform as a side under NP. I’d like to see the cohesion continue off the ball , we look far better organised v Bournemouth . Hoping to kick on attacking wise , seeing us with better movement , final ball , finishing & seeing a style forming . Putting in place a foundation for next season where after a decent pre season we have a squad that all know their roles . 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

But then got mullered at home by Barnsley. They`re just like us, inconsistent mid-table fodder. Neither of us is going up or down and I suspect we`ll finish within two places of them.

Probably Barnsley aren't the best example to give. They are on a roll and I can see them getting promoted.

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

QPR are a decent team who, up until the last week, were on a very good run. I think we'll win but I don't think it will be as straightforward as some are predicting. I'm going 2-1. 

The QPR fans think we will win. Seems to depend if Jordy de Wijs plays.(Interesting that he is on loan from a League 1 club -Hull) Can't be too many loan players where their parent club is in a lower division to their loan team.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

allez vous les hommes en rouge

33 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

Arriba los rojos

21 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Победа красным!

That's easy for you to say. 

Archived