IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let’s see if we can impose ourselves on QPR.  Looks like QPR might go 352 / 35211 / 3421 / 343 depending on where Chair and Willock play.  We know they like to pass from the back, but with Austin up top, he isn’t gonna run in behind so we should be able to squeeze.

Just now, deadredfred said:

Now don’t shoot the messenger because I wouldn’t claim to be ITK, but rumour has it that Nigel found LJ’s tombola under Holden’s desk on his second day, and promptly threw it straight at Mark Ashton, hospitalising him, which is why we’ve not seen him

But didn't LJ state once that his daughter picked the team? ?

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing wrong with going unchanged. No midweek games next week so more recovery time. Plus his hands are pretty tied at the moment . 

What about recovery time from Wednesday until now? I dont think we've picked up even a point yet this season on a Saturday following a Wednesday game and an unchanged team isn't going to help that

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing wrong with going unchanged. No midweek games next week so more recovery time. Plus his hands are pretty tied at the moment . 

Bet if Holden was still in charge there would have been an outcry about not 'freshening up' the starting eleven. Mind you we would've broken our record of straight losses so I guess that doesn't equate. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Let’s see if we can impose ourselves on QPR.  Looks like QPR might go 352 / 35211 / 3421 / 343 depending on where Chair and Willock play.  We know they like to pass from the back, but with Austin up top, he isn’t gonna run in behind so we should be able to squeeze.

Bit unfair if they play 35211 Dave.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What about recovery time from Wednesday until now? I dont think we've picked up even a point yet this season on a Saturday following a Wednesday game and an unchanged team isn't going to help that

Didn’t we do that albeit the other way round just two games ago? Swansea on the Saturday, Middlesbrough on the Wednesday and won both?

also, I doubt it’s been our recovery time that’s been the issue this season! I think tactics and team selection have been the main problems.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Didn’t we do that albeit the other way round just two games ago? Swansea on the Saturday, Middlesbrough on the Wednesday and won both?

also, I doubt it’s been our recovery time that’s been the issue this season! I think tactics and team selection have been the main problems.

No, we played Middlesbrough on a Tuesday 

15 minutes ago, grifty said:

Think it’s all of those things but a bit of consistency of selection is probably reasonable for a new boss 

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jack H OK to start then - good news IMO, we completely lost our shape/game plan after he went off midweek.

Think he brings a lot more into the team than people like to see, or give him credit for. 

Personally I'd be happy to see him sign an extension, but he does seem to be one of those players that needs competition for his spot to bring the best out of him.

Just now, Banned User said:

I thought it was a 4231 attacking / 451 defending. 

I've had to get the tube and I just know this post is going to be sent about 5 times. 

According to Robins TV, its a diamond midfield 4-4-2. If that's the case we should expect Sessegnon and Hunt to supply the width.

Archived