IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1st Half Summary:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Was anything wrong with Bakinson for his sub.  Looked laboured from opening minutes.

Just poor, poor defending.  No pressure on the chap in the middle who played it out to Kane, but that's a helluva cross, but Mariappa has to mark tighter.  He's got to expect the great cross not think I'll deal with it when it comes.

Corner routine does us for the second, not dissimilar to Kelly's chance in midweek.

Wells has tried hard back to goal, won a good few fouls.

Steven Sessegnon the bright spot in a disappointing half.

Can we use 2 subs second half?  Or just at h-t?

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

We’re not out of this. An early goal for us and the game changes. They’re nothing special. Going to be a fascinating second half. 

Love the optimism, I buried mine in the garden after their second. They’re playing through our midfield with ease. Creating overloads against a fragile at best midfield line up after the injuries. Just can’t see us getting back in this game.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

They've still played better than under DH. 

That 45 was complete and utter shit, no improvement on anything Holden "served up". We are back in "embarrassing" mode. People were telling us all we needed was a good Manager and this "Top 6" squad will be firing. What tosh. We are full of players who don't even make the "bang average" category and those two wins we've recently had will probably save our skin at the end of the season. No clean sheet in 12, the worst record in the Championship.

We are a disorganised rabble who lack talent and if Pearson does take the job expect about 10-15 players to be shown the door or sent on season long loan in the Summer and if he can't or isn't allowed to do that he'll leave at the end of the season, simple as that, because there is no way on this earth he will want to be associated in any way, shape or form with the football we are producing.

There is no enjoyment in supporting this club right now.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st Half Summary:

Was anything wrong with Bakinson for his sub.  Looked laboured from opening minutes.

Just poor, poor defending.  No pressure on the chap in the middle who played it out to Kane, but that's a helluva cross, but Mariappa has to mark tighter.  He's got to expect the great cross not think I'll deal with it when it comes.

Corner routine does us for the second, not dissimilar to Kelly's chance in midweek.

Think we need more than 2 subs in this game to save us.

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are you really trying to blame Bentley for either of them?

My word.

I would say that the keeper has to at least have eyes on the ball, the first could have been saved with a bit of reaction, the second! He never turned his head to see the ball rebound so had no idea where it would end up - in fact when it the rebound was kicked he was still looking up the pitch! Reminds me of David James! So good but occasionally (mostly in DJ’s case) leaves the skills at home!

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That was the rules when play restarted after covid last season. Cant see any mention of that rule when it came back in this season though that might be true looking at the timings of subs in our games.

No mention here: 

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/november/efl-statement-five-substitutes/

Think the 'number of occasions' bit of the rule is here

https://theifab.com/news/five-substitutes-option-temporarily-allowed-for-competition-organisers

Just now, Davefevs said:

1st Half Summary:

We have been very open from set plays and when they break from the half way line, not managed a shot on target as yet. A situation like this presents loads of learning for NP and co. Next goal critical. 

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Seems like the honeymoon period is over. Positives is as others have said, NP can see how fragile we are.

Absolutely the only good thing is that he can see what he’s got now, and get rid of the don’t care out of contact mob, with so many out of contract he will have scope to bring in quite a few of his type of players, just need to get enough points to get over the line and then look forward hopefully with contract long term for Pearson 

Archived