IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

True. But I'm not entirely sure they have the potential. 

What we see now is precisely what could have been predicted (and was) when the decision was taken to let Johnson have another season...and another...clubs discarded all over the golf course and no sense of how to use them effectively.

As it happens I believe that an experienced manager, like Pearson, who knows how they want to approach a season, can probably find a good use for a number of the players we have. Kasey Palmer is a case in point - obviously a talented footballer but one the LJ/Holden regime had no idea how to deploy. Adam Nagy another. Wells another. 

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

That cross from Semenyo sums it up. There is a fine player in there somewhere!

His decision making in dangerous areas is absolutely abysmal. I'm not that concerned with his scoring record or lack of, but I am extremely concerned that when faced with the choice of passing or shooting, he almost always gets it wrong. You can teach shooting. You can't teach intelligence. Losing patience massively with him now.

23 minutes ago, M.D said:

Sadly I think this goes to show what Holden and NP think of Massengo

Exactly. Three midfield players went off in the first half and he still couldn’t get on the pitch 

Well that was poor.  The BN bounce was pretty short lived.  Very strange choices in terms of formation and substitutions which was a bit of a concern.  Lansbury over Massengo? 3 strikers when QPR are passing through us and we can’t get the ball?

Was desperately hoping that the players had got some confidence back and remembered how to pass to each other. Wrong - the number of times we  overhit, underhit or just plain hit it straight out was unbelievable.

Socking performances today from Mapps, Hunt, Fam, Wells and both Semenyo and Lansbury - why on earth is he at our club?

Need to turn this around next game or we will be getting sucked into the relegation fight. 

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

His decision making in dangerous areas is absolutely abysmal. I'm not that concerned with his scoring record or lack of, but I am extremely concerned that when faced with the choice of passing or shooting, he almost always gets it wrong. You can teach shooting. You can't teach intelligence. Losing patience massively with him now.

Me too...but what are the coaches seeing in training? I mean he must surely make better decisions on the training pitch? In which case who is working to get that performance out of him on match days?

3 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Well that was poor.  The BN bounce was pretty short lived.  Very strange choices in terms of formation and substitutions which was a bit of a concern.  Lansbury over Massengo? 3 strikers when QPR are passing through us and we can’t get the ball?

Was desperately hoping that the players had got some confidence back and remembered how to pass to each other. Wrong - the number of times we  overhit, underhit or just plain hit it straight out was unbelievable.

Socking performances today from Mapps, Hunt, Fam, Wells and both Semenyo and Lansbury - why on earth is he at our club?

Need to turn this around next game or we will be getting sucked into the relegation fight. 

I'd like to see Louis Britton given a chance

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Me too...but what are the coaches seeing in training? I mean he must surely make better decisions on the training pitch? In which case who is working to get that performance out of him on match days?

Well, he hasn't started under Pearson, so I think the main man may be aware.

28 minutes ago, fatchers said:

So many players showing they're not good enough to play any higher than mid table. Play offs a joke.

I think we have so many players not good enough to play higher than League 1 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly. Three midfield players went off in the first half and he still couldn’t get on the pitch 

I'm convinced he won't be here next season. Of course we only signed him to allow Chelsea to get around their transfer ban so perhaps they'll give us £10m for him!

It just goes to show that this is a really competitive league and not much between a lot of teams bar a rub of the green.

There is no doubt that the two injuries completely upset our game plan.

I may be in the minority of the knee jerk keyboard monkeys post match on here but I am pragmatic enough to realise we needed to stop the rot and currently we are a mid table team with a depleted squad being asked to perform week in week out with not much opportunity to freshen up or rest.

At least this week NP has the time to assess ahead of next week.

12 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

What we see now is precisely what could have been predicted (and was) when the decision was taken to let Johnson have another season...and another...clubs discarded all over the golf course and no sense of how to use them effectively.

As it happens I believe that an experienced manager, like Pearson, who knows how they want to approach a season, can probably find a good use for a number of the players we have. Kasey Palmer is a case in point - obviously a talented footballer but one the LJ/Holden regime had no idea how to deploy. Adam Nagy another. Wells another. 

Four and a bit seasons LJ was here (and umpteen transfer windows), and he - along with Ashton (and Deano) - did leave a bit of a muddle, a muddle even Pearson appears to be finding a challenge. 

Lee was less than a year at Barnsley (and just the two transfer windows) and left them five years ago; he wasn't there long enough to leave his mark on them . The have done rather well without him.

1 minute ago, Swede said:

It just goes to show that this is a really competitive league and not much between a lot of teams bar a rub of the green.

I may be in the minority of the knee jerk keyboard monkeys post match on here but I am pragmatic enough to realise we needed to stop the rot and currently we are a mid table team with a depleted squad being asked to perform week in week out with not much opportunity to freshen up or rest.

FWIW this 'knee jerk keyboard monkey post match' agrees with you!

Pearson has a big job, but needs time to at least start it.

All teams we play against, it seems so easy when they play. Long hard passes, crosses and so on, they use the whole pitch. We make it difficault in almost every situation. Sloppy short passes, often to a player who has his body towards our Gk, with a player on his back. Its like a movement that dont move. We dont have the rythm. People complains about Fam and Wells, think its very difficault to be a fw in Bristol City. We are not a unit, really hope NP can manage our team to take the points to avoid relegation. The two away wins was very important! COYR!!!

Well, I started the season in denial, thinking that Holdenball was the answer. As the season has gone on I found myself getting increasingly angry at the ineptitude of our performances. I then found myself blaming the injuries. If only we could get Williams fit etc. 
Well none of that seemed to help and I was sinking lower and lower. I even contemplated not watching the match, but as kick off approached I relented and forked out my £10.

However I feel like today I’ve finally moved on. I’ve accepted that I’m a Bristol City fan. And that usually means misery and pain with the occasional high, but at least I get to share it all with my fellow reds. ???

33 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think next week is a significant team selection. You can’t blame Pearson for keeping things as they were up to now. After a week in the training ground it will be interesting to see what he does.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well if you believe Ashton, there's only one.

I am just hoping Pearson will see us through to get the required points to avoid relegation (which i think he will) and then write this season off. Can't wait for this season to finish.

Secure Pearson to rebuild the team and ship out most of the garbage he has at his disposal. I think he will have a good idea between now and the end of the season who he wants to keep (not too many i hope).

I think given time and some money to build his own squad and way of playing football he will bring back the pride and excitement for us supporters....

Either that or he will walk and we will be welcoming Marks mate Appleton...

Archived