IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree but you’re first sentence is relevant for every team in the football league . 
I will always forgive a poor performance but won’t forgive a lack of effort or a passive nature . We’ve got a reputation within the game that Bristol City are a easy touch . That seriously ******* winds me up .

Total agree. It is not the losing or being outplayed that gets me it is being out fought and lack of bottle when things get tough. And a lot of this squad have these attributes. I just hope NP is here to stay and we can make playing City a game that opposition teams  don't look forward to.

50 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I bloody love this interview . Exactly what we’ve been saying plus picks up on our passive nature that’s been cultured under LJ & DH . He’s nailed it here & a clear message to the players 

He’s not going to take no sh1r, if you don’t perform or are lazy then don’t expect to play again ! Love it 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I bet Pearson can't wait to have Baker, Rowe, Walsh, O'Dowda, Pato and Watkins back available.

Going on the post match interview, it seems like even for the next league game he may consider any of the 4 that are supposed to be playing the 23s game in the week. As long as he is told they're okay to play.

We desperately need Baker in my opinion. But then we have ever since he has been here.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I bet Pearson can't wait to have Baker, Rowe, Walsh, O'Dowda, Pato and Watkins back available.

Going on the post match interview, it seems like even for the next league game he may consider any of the 4 that are supposed to be playing the 23s game in the week. As long as he is told they're okay to play.

Personally think that Palmer is one of the players who is playing well, can only see Pato making bench 

I think it's about time we admit O'Dowda, Watkins and Adelakun obviously aren't the players we need to push top 6. O'Dowda is the only one of those whose had a respectable(ish) time here but time to move on.

We should be eager to see the back of them if we're serious about a top 6 finish next season. Their combined wages could contribute to a solid top 6 player. 

Edit:  I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread but whatever, a moan is a moan. 

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

I agree there are players injured that would be seen as first team team players. There are an awful lot that wouldn't.

Currently i would say only:

Bentley, Kalas, Williams, Vyner, Wells, Palmer and possibly Walsh in my opinion of course would be starters- that is still a big rebuild for any Manager.

It’s a huge rebuilding job , and it just goes to show as a club how we’ve wasted money on ‘squad’ players. Johnson & Ashton are accountable for the huge squad we’ve got of average players 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wouldn’t even consider Baker or Pato both unlikely to be here next season. 
Rowe is a squad player at best if we want to push towards top six , but certainly worth keeping.

Interesting to see how O’Dowda fits in, no doubt talented but like so many in our squad not consistent. 
@Sturnyjust seen your post 

23 minutes ago, Superjack said:

We desperately need Baker in my opinion. But then we have ever since he has been here.

Simply can’t rely on Baker. He’s got a shock coming as even out of contract, missing so much football can’t see him getting a contract as good as he’s currently on 

26 minutes ago, daored said:

Simply can’t rely on Baker. He’s got a shock coming as even out of contract, missing so much football can’t see him getting a contract as good as he’s currently on 

I know. But a fit Baker is better than anything we have.

Must admit that I thought a win today and our run in of games could still get us in the play offs. Now I'm pretty sure that was just a dream.

Sure we are safe but now NP needs to stamp his mark on the team. However, that means the club secure his long term services sooner rather than later so we can move forward.

Archived