IGNORED

Pearson Out

Bristolisredd

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He will say thanks for the experience but this job isn’t for me unless he is allowed to get rid of some of this lot and bring his own staff and players in,which isn’t going to happen 

He won't have a problem getting rid of c11 of them come the end of the season. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

desperately unfunny and predictable that someone started a thread entitled Pearson Out.

Obviously you don't actually think that and meant it in a sarcastic way. Punks like you usually claim they're being "ironic" which is just a tarty misdiagnosis of sarcasm. 

So what the hell is the point of your thread? What does it bring to the table?

It's like when someone says so and so "is not the messiah" and guaranteed you get  some sniggering halfwit posting

"He's a very naughty boy"

Boring, cheap and in no way funny.

Sadly like a growing number of threads on here compared to the past. 

Probably a sign of the lockdown 

Jesus - not just on this thread but several there’s a major overreaction here.

Pearson took the job when we had seven losses on the bounce, and only c15 “senior” players fit. He wouldn’t have been expecting to win every game between now and the end of the season, and would expect form and fitness to fluctuate.

Yep, with a couple of notable exceptions - most key KP - we were poor today, but if anyone thinks that means Pearson’s view has changed they’re a fool. If anything, it strengthens his hand to make changes  that he wants to - had we won 6 on the bounce, the question would arise as to whether we needed them.

Man comes into struggling club and they play poor in one of four games. If you think that means NP all of a sudden thinks he shouldn’t be here longer term, that’s pretty damn insulting to him as he would have expected it when he took the job.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I must say I am disappointed in some of his decisions. Not sure why Lansbury comes on instead of Massengo or even Taylor Moore as a midfielder. Just surely not Lansbury. 

And keeping Fam on. I don't get it. Got nothing to lose and he keeps miss controlling the ball.

The fact 2 managers have now chosen Lansbury over Massengo makes me think there's more to it than us fans know, as opposed to the managers being clueless.

23 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Think it’s more the fact that we have to convince Pearson to stay. He can clearly see that half the squad isn’t upto top 6 standard so will be wanting the funds and control over who comes in and who goes 

We have plenty of players out of contract soon. That will provide the flexibility he needs. 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Pearson took the job when we had seven losses on the bounce, and only c15 “senior” players fit. He wouldn’t have been expecting to win every game between now and the end of the season, and would expect form and fitness to fluctuate.

Yep, with a couple of notable exceptions - most key KP - we were poor today, but if anyone thinks that means Pearson’s view has changed they’re a fool. If anything, it strengthens his hand to make changes  that he wants to - had we won 6 on the bounce, the question would arise as to whether we needed them.

Man comes into struggling club and they play poor in one of four games. If you think that means NP all of a sudden thinks he shouldn’t be here longer term, that’s pretty damn insulting to him as he would have expected it when he took the job.

I think the point people are trying to make us he will have an expectation that certain players he needs can be brought in. As long as Steve offers that up I can see NP staying. If he’s given an “opportunity” to work with the current shower of shit for another 12 months I can see him passing that up!!

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it's quite clear that as Nigel has already indicated he came into the club with his eyes wide open and was prepared for some of the OTT reaction when we lose a game or two. Providing that he and the club can agree on the way forward, I can see him being here next season and stamping his own authority on the team.

Poor display today BUT I remain very optimistic for our future IF we can keep Pearson, preferably with Ashton gone and NP being able to bring in some of his own people.

We have the nearest to a "Pat Lam" we could realistically afford in Nigel Pearson, we must back him and let him turn us into genuine promotion contenders.

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The fact 2 managers have now chosen Lansbury over Massengo makes me think there's more to it than us fans know, as opposed to the managers being clueless.

Pearson also chose young Pearson ahead of Massengo. That hasn’t been mentioned and makes you wonder.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Umm, we wee also poor against Bournemouth. We had a 20 minute spell, where we were good. Football matches are won and lost over 90 minutes, and for the entire second half we couldn't get out of our half. It was abject. Awful and pathetic.

IF Pearson is offered the job and IF he chooses to take it, it will take 2 years of rebuilding to get into the top 6. And then that's a lottery. And we're bristol city. So make it a lifetime stuck in the Championship.

This group of players is a mid table group. Bar Bentley and maybe Kalas.

We're 34 goals short of Deano's target of 2 goals a game. We've scored an average of 1.03 goals a game. Put another way, we're 48% behind where he wanted us to be, if I underachieved like that, I would be fired.

I'd say 20 million this summer. 15 million the next might see us somewhere close to the playoffs in 2023.

But shouldn't we be in Europe now?

5 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Umm, we wee also poor against Bournemouth. We had a 20 minute spell, where we were good. Football matches are won and lost over 90 minutes, and for the entire second half we couldn't get out of our half. It was abject. Awful and pathetic.

IF Pearson is offered the job and IF he chooses to take it, it will take 2 years of rebuilding to get into the top 6. And then that's a lottery. And we're bristol city. So make it a lifetime stuck in the Championship.

We're 34 goals short of Deano's target of 2 goals a game. We've scored an average of 1.03 goals a game. Put another way, we're 48% behind where he wanted us to be, if I underachieved like that, I would be fired.

I'd say 20 million this summer. 15 million the next might see us somewhere close to the playoffs in 2023.

A little pessimistic I think.

13 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

You're right, we might as well give up. We're an average team so no point supporting us really, might as well support Man City as they win things.

This season is obviously a right off due to the performances of our players big job for Pearson to sort out this squad he has been brought in to manage.

We have been used to jackal and hyde performances from our side for a number of years now.

I thought the past 3 performaces were good but today was back to aweful again.

Pearson is not going to sort this out in days but once he does we will be looking up rather than down.

COYR

26 minutes ago, bakes said:

This season is obviously a right off due to the performances of our players big job for Pearson to sort out this squad he has been brought in to manage.

We have been used to jackal and hyde performances from our side for a number of years now.

I thought the past 3 performaces were good but today was back to aweful again.

Pearson is not going to sort this out in days but once he does we will be looking up rather than down.

COYR

How was the Bournemouth performance good? I think I must be living on another planet.

It was good for 20 minutes. It was poor for 70. What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

How was the Bournemouth performance good? I think I must be living on another planet.

It was 'good' in comparison to the previous 10/15 performances under Holden. Better was probably a better word.

4 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Good performance compared to the Barnsley, Reading, Cardiff and even Huddersfield home games.

The Bournmouth game we managed a number of shots on target, corners and even managed to pass the ball to our own players :)

2 hours ago, 77 punk said:

lets watch a manager who knows what they are doing , build a good football team.

I really do hope that NP becomes a longer-term appointment. 

I am optimistically thinking that he has been told:

1 Do your stuff until the end of the season

2 Keep us up

3 Then come forward with a rebuilding plan which we can back 

Rebuilding would include a clear out and retaining those he has assessed as being his future players (including  those currently out injured) plus sensible and affordable recruitment.

If you were him based on this season who would you retain?

Archived