IGNORED

Who needs shipping out in the summer?

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, Waffleflap said:

All the out of contract players . 

We may have to whether we want to or not. Scatter gun recruitment has made the squad too big and too unbalanced. The wage bill has been allowed to get out of control as a result.

Surely it starts with the manager - hopefully Pearson! - taking a long look at how he wants his side to play and then looking at the squad and deciding who can deliver that. We have a core of decent players at this level - but alongside them far too many players who have never proven themselves accomplished at the level, often - like COD - because they've never really had a run, never really looked comfortable in any of our multitude of line-ups.

7 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Hunt, Fam, Lansbury

I think these are a given. 

The number of times we turn over the ball in the right back position is unreal.

Everyone would rather see HNM used than HL (I assume).

And for all his games where he shows up, there are just too many now where Fam doesn't. 

I hope we keep Baker and Walsh. Im not sure we will though. Appreciate the issues with Baker but when he is in the team and firing, we are a different proposition. 

At least Pearson has some time to actually coach them this week. And you'd assume hes just learned a lot about the players. But that was depressing. 

9 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

All the out of contract players . 

Yep I’m with you on this one. Would’ve kept Fam but he’s obviously not staying regardless.

Liam Walsh might be able to prove himself before then but if he doesn’t play I don’t mind if he goes.

Gives Pearson a lot of wage room to use & bring in players to a formation & plan hopefully. 

Every single ooc player to leave. Should clear a fortune in wages to allow Nige to shape something that resembles his team to play in the way he will want to. 
Thats just not going to happen at the moment with so many injured and the ooc players clearly not giving a sh1t. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

He's been one of the very few players who come out of this season with any credit

Really, he looks completely uninterested, the only time he has performed this season was in the January transfer window and that says it all..

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

Really, he looks completely uninterested, the only time he has performed this season was in the January transfer window and that says it all..

Agree.  There were about 5 instances second half where he actually moved away from the QPR player receiving the pass, rather than towards him.

I hope NP noticed.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think Pearson will have seen some things he won’t have liked today....that will help his decision making.

Hopefully he will take the job on and move us forward but he's going to need to reshape this club and have the backing he needs with new players.

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

He did score two against Boro, to be fair. I'm not surprised he looks uninterested when he gets zero service from the complete dullards behind him. I don't think he's been anything to write home about but at least he's scored a few

Archived