IGNORED

Who needs shipping out in the summer?

Alan Dicks

22 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Diedhiou should go in the spring or earlier.

Well we’re two weeks away from spring, so that doesn’t leave much time.  I thought Fam had one of those games where he is utterly frustrated by a lack of service, so don’t hold him too much to blame.  If he dies go, we would need to have one or two replacements lined up and big strikers seem at a premium at the moment.  If we get rid of him, who do we replace him with?

15 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I think these are a given. 

The number of times we turn over the ball in the right back position is unreal.

Everyone would rather see HNM used than HL (I assume).

And for all his games where he shows up, there are just too many now where Fam doesn't. 

I hope we keep Baker and Walsh. Im not sure we will though. Appreciate the issues with Baker but when he is in the team and firing, we are a different proposition. 

At least Pearson has some time to actually coach them this week. And you'd assume hes just learned a lot about the players. But that was depressing. 

I can’t imagine City will keep Baker. His injury record ever since he arrived is awful and he must be on a decent salary. As for Walsh, that’s a difficult decision. He’s only played a handful of Championship games so it’s difficult to judge how good he is and he’s not got much time left to impress Pearson. Maybe offer him a one year contract? 

Much easier to start with who we keep! I would ship out most of them. Not nearly good enough for consistent top 6 let alone promotion. Despite his howler v Bournemouth Bentley is one of the best outside the Premier league, sadly think he will be poached by someone. Keep Kalas, Vyner and the lads from the Academy will be for the future. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

He did score two against Boro, to be fair. I'm not surprised he looks uninterested when he gets zero service from the complete dullards behind him. I don't think he's been anything to write home about but at least he's scored a few

He has scored a few and is a good player, but his head is away from the club and he is thinking about his next move and I feel that shows in his performances

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well we’re two weeks away from spring, so that doesn’t leave much time.  I thought Fam had one of those games where he is utterly frustrated by a lack of service, so don’t hold him too much to blame.  If he dies go, we would need to have one or two replacements lined up and big strikers seem at a premium at the moment.  If we get rid of him, who do we replace him with?

Quite simply, a forward who suits the way the manager wants to play and fits in with the players here.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Think you’re a bit tad hard on him saying if he dies ?

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t imagine City will keep Baker. His injury record ever since he arrived is awful and he must be on a decent salary. As for Walsh, that’s a difficult decision. He’s only played a handful of Championship games so it’s difficult to judge how good he is and he’s not got much time left to impress Pearson. Maybe offer him a one year contract? 

Baker will be on £0 come the 30th June.

Ignoring the kids, and assuming loans return to the parent clubs, my thoughts would be:

OOC not to renew (definite):

Fam, Lansbury, Watkins, Adelukan, Gilmartin, Rowe

OOC questionable:

Walsh (depends on finances - injured for a year and unproven)

Baker (multiple injuries, needs to take a cut in wages and if does would renew)

Mariappa (would keep as squad backup if Baker unsigned)

Hunt/Paterson (depends on if would be happy to be squad)

Other OOC

Weimann (would trigger extension)

To sell

- Moore (like his attitude, but too error prone)

- Massengo (regrettably. Don’t think NP rates him)

- Martin (if we can, let go on free. Don’t think he’ll be mobile enough for how NP wants to play)

Fam - yeh he scores but it’s like watching a sloth move through cement 

Lansbury- brings nothing to the team

baker - complete waste of wages 

hunt - lower side of average and too one footed

odowda - would only keep as a bench warmer 

Taylor Moore - never doubted his attitude and commitment but makes constant mistakes

adelakun- never plays

3 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Much easier to start with who we keep! I would ship out most of them. Not nearly good enough for consistent top 6 let alone promotion. Despite his howler v Bournemouth Bentley is one of the best outside the Premier league, sadly think he will be poached by someone. Keep Kalas, Vyner and the lads from the Academy will be for the future. 

I don't think that it is that bad. We do have a lot of good championship players that could be part of a promotion push next season with the right manager at the helm. If you change the majority of the squad, you can write off another season.

I think it's a very difficult to discussion to have just after a defeat as it's hard to think of anyone favourably. I also hope Pearson - hoping that he makes the decision - makes the decision based not just on bad performances but players' ability to learn and respond to poor performances and mistakes.

At the moment, I don't think there is any player out of contract who has made a case for us to keep them. I'd like us to keep Walsh theoretically but obviously that's based on guesswork of how he might do rather than performances.  That'd be 12 players gone. I still want O'Dowda to do more to prove himself but I do think, if we can ship out the out of contract players and get a couple of leaders in, there's still the making of a decent squad. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought he tried as hard as ever. I really cannot see the difference in effort when he plays badly or when he plays well. He's a big guy with poor stamina, which has always been the case.

Which is exactly what we don’t need.

People we’re posting pre-game, “hope we see a high press”.  Well, hate to break it to them, you can’t do that with Fam.  I watched Woodrow the other week (who’s not a speed freak), he doesn’t amble to close down.  He doesn’t need to sprint either, just a modicum of intent and effort.  Fam is a lazy bastard off the ball.  He did ok in the air today.  That was it.

Find it difficult to say any of them deserve a new contract , apart perhaps from wiemann depending how he comes back from injury. If NP’s given a long term contract then he’ll have a clean slate to mould the squad how he wants to with also some room ffp wise as SL has stated.  Great position for any manager to be in after a few months to evaluate the players here. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Quite simply, a forward who suits the way the manager wants to play and fits in with the players here.

How about a target man who can control the ball and holds the ball up, and is mobile as well as scoring the odd goal?

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think the rebuild needs to be as huge as some people will say.

But definitely improvements needed.

Depends what you mean really. No we do not need to necessarily replace every player that might leave. We do however need some real quality in certain areas if we realistically want to contend for promotion. There is a good core here but no standouts. We need 2-3 standouts and that will be hard to do in 1 window. Its a massive job coming up this summer and there will be plenty of teams in the same position. 

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ignoring the kids, and assuming loans return to the parent clubs, my thoughts would be:

OOC not to renew (definite):

Fam, Lansbury, Watkins, Adelukan, Gilmartin, Rowe

OOC questionable:

Walsh (depends on finances - injured for a year and unproven)

Baker (multiple injuries, needs to take a cut in wages and if does would renew)

Mariappa (would keep as squad backup if Baker unsigned)

Hunt/Paterson (depends on if would be happy to be squad)

Other OOC

Weimann (would trigger extension)

To sell

- Moore (like his attitude, but too error prone)

- Massengo (regrettably. Don’t think NP rates him)

- Martin (if we can, let go on free. Don’t think he’ll be mobile enough for how NP wants to play)

Can’t argue with any of that really . Oh actually , to sell O’dowda as well . That should get him off the wage bill . I’d take a large bag of walkers peri peri crisp for him . ?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Baker will be on £0 come the 30th June.

True. The question is, would he take a 50% pay cut to stay at City for another year? Being generous, that’s all he’s worth, as he’s hardly every consistently fit. 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

True. The question is, would he take a 50% pay cut to stay at City for another year? Being generous, that’s all he’s worth, as he’s hardly every consistently fit. 

Basic salary topped up with pay as you play? Definitely worth keeping if fit. I maintain that he is our best defender when on the pitch.

Just now, 2015 said:

I think all of the players out of contract and a few to be sold like Wells.

Never needed an overhaul as desperately as we do now. So many players who aren't good enough

The thing with Wells imo is , if he’s played up top on his own in a 451/4231 in a fluid formation with three intelligent attacking players behind him so he can play off the shoulder then I think you’ll see a different player .

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.  There were about 5 instances second half where he actually moved away from the QPR player receiving the pass, rather than towards him.

I hope NP noticed.

Miraculously raised his game against Boro, who were rumoured suitors this summer. Otherwise looks disinterested. I would drop him for the rest of the season but we are sadly short of options up front. 

18 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I will tell you who needs shipping out this summer.

That *** Ashton who instigated the signing of this rabble. Ashton OUT!

Yep. He, along with LJ and Holden, are responsible for assembling this rabble. As the last one of those three remaining, he either needs to go or have nothing to do with recruitment. 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think you look at different options contract-wise.  You might offer him reduced wages over 2 years.

The culmination of years of poor coaching results in players unable to do basic stuff. 

Yet people would still have you believe LJ was a good coach here. All this started with him. 

Pearson will now start to realise the huge job he has been given. 

Archived