IGNORED

Who needs shipping out in the summer?

Alan Dicks

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think I would agree with the vast majority of that, certainly move on the 11 at the start of your post.

I’d definitely offer Weimann a deal, probably offer Paterson one, possibly Hunt & then release everyone else.

Famara I think is academic though because I expect him to look to move on no matter what.

Vyner is an important player but for me Bakinson & Massengo are only squad players if we want to significantly improve.

Just shows how different we all see things.

No way would i like to see Pats get a new contract, apart from some odd skilful moments there is nothing about his game that makes him worth keeping. Imo.

I’ve completely ran out of patience with Jack Hunt as just not good enough.  Hope Rowe back soon or Nurse and play Sess RB.  Lansbury played with lead in his legs and would release the following:

Hunt, Adelakun, Watkins, Baker, Mapps, Lansbury, Pato, Hinds, Baldwin

Rowe to get a year, Weimann has option anyway and Walsh  to stay

Fam will leave in summer 

Just now, Shuffle said:

I’ve completely ran out of patience with Jack Hunt as just not good enough.  Hope Rowe back soon or Nurse and plat Sess RB.  Lansbury plated with lead in his legs and would release the following:

Fam will leave in summer 

Hunt is a tricky one for me. Probably our best crosser of the ball. Other failings for sure, but I think I would keep him overall if the deal was right.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Hunt is a tricky one for me. Probably our best crosser of the ball. Other failings for sure, but I think I would keep him overall if the deal was right.

I'd look to keep Hunt as back up/rotation option if he'd be willing to accept a bit of a cut, solid enough option as that option, then recruit a new 1st choice.

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What has Walsh done to deserve a new contract ? Genuine question . We’re all frustrated he hasn’t played this season but is he a NP type player ? No one knows really . I’d guess he likes the wiemann type player over the Walsh type. 
Added to this . I wanted Palmer gone but to be fair to him he’s playing better now than he’s ever done since being here. Not just with the ball but without it as well . 

He’s done very little (for us), but my hunch is that he could so I’d be prepared to take on gamble on him. But only him.

It would help if he was able to play a bit before the end of the season although I’m not sure how effective he would be this season after such a long injury. 

We need to hold possession better in midfield. I think Walsh and Williams could do that - if they’re still footballers and haven’t gone off to Singapore to open an accountancy firm.

6 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I’ve completely ran out of patience with Jack Hunt as just not good enough.  Hope Rowe back soon or Nurse and play Sess RB.  Lansbury played with lead in his legs and would release the following:

Fam will leave in summer 

Would that not be victimising a group of players who've had virtually no part in this abomination of a season?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd drop him and would have done for a while. But I just don't think he isn't giving his all. I think he does the same when we win and he scores. That's the point I am trying to make, not that he is ever actually pressing well or doing those things well.

We've seen him work so much harder in his time at the club that I don't think its fatigue or exhaustion and if it were you'd have to question why he's not reporting it and getting a rest or a manager is making him play through it. I know Pearson isn't exactly the all out press kinda guy but still.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd drop him and would have done for a while. But I just don't think he isn't giving his all. I think he does the same when we win and he scores. That's the point I am trying to make, not that he is ever actually pressing well or doing those things well.

But I just don't think he isn't giving his all.

I do. Another poster makes a point about engaging opponents. He does not do this. He is saving himself.  He is saving himself to the detriment of the team. 

I think he does the same when we win and he scores.

And it is a low low standard to have in the XI = Its an easy ride, 60% is good enough ..

12 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Currently i would say only the below are worth keeping:

Bentley, Kalas, Williams, Vyner, Wells, Palmer and possibly Walsh / Dasilva if they can prove their fitness -  (in my opinion of course) would be starters- that is still a big rebuild for any Manager.

I’m surprised you can’t see Semenyo’s potential. 21yo - frustrating at times but the sort of player who can make rapid improvements. Don’t think about what he is, but what he can become. 

We need to press from the front and fam doesn’t do that for us. Best football from last couple years was when it was Reid and Pato playing up front. Closest we have to that now is probably Weimann and Wells.

In my opinion we need another striker that’s more mobile aswell as massively sorting out the back line. 
Our midfield on paper is actually quite strong when everyone’s fit. Williams, Walsh, Bakinson, Nagy and Palmer.

all about investing in the right departments and hopefully Pearson has complete control on who comes in and out and clearly Ashton is out his depth with the recent signings backing that up. So many players leaving means so much money gone off the wage bill and a lot of FFP room so it should be a busy summer

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well we’re two weeks away from spring, so that doesn’t leave much time.  I thought Fam had one of those games where he is utterly frustrated by a lack of service, so don’t hold him too much to blame.  If he dies go, we would need to have one or two replacements lined up and big strikers seem at a premium at the moment.  If we get rid of him, who do we replace him with?

He got a pass in the 2nd half, turned quick and then pushed the ball forward 5 or 6 foot straight to a QPRs player. In the 2nd half he surprisingly controlled the ball just inside their pen area but took so long to think about shooting, a good opportunity was lost. Hopeless.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

That's all of them though (apart from Bentley). My worry is that if we sell Fam, we don't really have anyone who knows where the goal is

Well we do, we have Wells. But yes, we need more of them.

Famara the striker can be replaced without too much bother. But can Famara the defender?

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think I would agree with the vast majority of that, certainly move on the 11 at the start of your post.

I’d definitely offer Weimann a deal, probably offer Paterson one, possibly Hunt & then release everyone else.

Famara I think is academic though because I expect him to look to move on no matter what.

Vyner is an important player but for me Bakinson & Massengo are only squad players if we want to significantly improve.

I like Jack Hunt has a great cross when he gets in those areas and is probably one of the more dangerous full backs in the league. But he has tendancy to give the ball away in the wrong areas of the pitch. He is a do one good thing and in the next minute something wrong type of player. Great squad player. I wouldnt be upset if he was offered a new contact. 

Fam, well that ship has sailed. That opportunity has passed us by. However where ever he goes he will divide opinion. Can a player be worth 5.5m with that first touch. However I have stuck up for him time and time again on these forums. Doesn't do enough off the ball. However his contribution defending set pieces is probably his best attribute.... For me that should be in the final 3rd. 

AW and Pato sign up. No problem there.

I think there was a culture at City, whereby players could just get away with a sub par performance, sit a game and all is forgiven, because when they come back into the 11, they are replacing a player that is equally as bad. That cycle repeated and repeated for the last 2 or 3 years. 

For me Pearson has to smash this out of these players. An example is "Failand Uncut". Even after a loss we see players laughing and joking and just larking about. Perhaps I am being too simplistic, but I don't wanna see that. I don't think it hurts them enough on a 5 or 6 game losing streak. 

We have just lost our 5th game at home. There should be no one laughing. 

The big broom not only needs to sweep out the under performing but the ringing in of a new era and cultural shift into a winning team.

Stevo 

43 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

We need a big broom to sweep this squad.
Hunt Mariappa Fam Lansbury  Rowe Watkins Sessengon Adelekun Walsh Gilmartin  and perhaps Baker all gone for me.

Patterson and Wieman offer contracts. 

Loan out Massengo for 6 months or season long loan. 

Tie up Bakinson and Vyner as soon as it's possible. 

CoD Martin and Nagy need a good start to next season. Tie up the ones who impress or let them go. All 3 replaceable. No opinion either way. 

Build a team around Wells who is more than capable

Stevo 

Keep Massengo and play him as a midfielder who runs at the oppositions defence. He can do that. Paterson is another who plays when it suits. Not good enough for Derby or us. COD and Nagy must be kept but Martin is not up to standard.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thank you.

Its obvious to most of us.  Completely unsuited to a team press, even a mid block let alone a high press.  Defenders have easy afternoons on the ball, because he doesn’t engage / press them.  

Which is precisely why the cart horse needs shooting....

3 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I like Jack Hunt has a great cross when he gets in those areas and is probably one of the more dangerous full backs in the league. But he has tendancy to give the ball away in the wrong areas of the pitch. He is a do one good thing and in the next minute something wrong type of player. Great squad player. I wouldnt be upset if he was offered a new contact. 

Fam, well that ship has sailed. That opportunity has passed us by. However where ever he goes he will divide opinion. Can a player be worth 5.5m with that first touch. However I have stuck up for him time and time again on these forums. Doesn't do enough off the ball. However his contribution defending set pieces is probably his best attribute.... For me that should be in the final 3rd. 

I think there was a culture at City, whereby players could just get away with a sub par performance, sit a game and all is forgiven, because when they come back into the 11, they are replacing a player that is equally as bad. That cycle repeated and repeated for the last 2 or 3 years. 

For me Pearson has to smash this out of these players. An example is "Failand Uncut". Even after a loss we see players laughing and joking and just larking about. Perhaps I am being too simplistic, but I don't wanna see that. I don't think it hurts them enough on a 5 or 6 game losing streak. 

The big broom not only needs to sweep out the under performing but the ringing in of a new era and cultural shift into a winning team.

Stevo 

This is why they'll never be top players. Poor attitude

14 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Would that not be victimising a group of players who've had virtually no part in this abomination of a season?

Its based on players with the ability to take this club forward rather than victimisation. Just my opinion but believe we can get better for the wages to take us forward.  Baker has the ability but too high risk 

5 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Stevo 

Bang on!

I know for a fact and have been told by someone linked closely to the club that it became very cushty during Dean Holden’s tenure. Players could put in an easy shift on training day and still make the starting eleven.

And before anyone asks, I will not be disclosing the source.

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

This is why they'll never be top players. Poor attitude

Personally I don't blame the players. The expectations and culture is implemented by management. Remember when Steve C arrived at the club. There was a monumental shift in how this team went about its business.

After he was sacked and LJ arrived most of it was undone. That's lands at LJ' door. 

The lack of maturity at times allows players to get away with things other mangers wouldnt stand for.  That was allowed to continue under DH. It's was just more of the same, when we were crying out for change. 

Change has arrived.... Thankfully. But like a completely irrelevant person down the road said once or twice. "These things take time"

28 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just shows how different we all see things.

No way would i like to see Pats get a new contract, apart from some odd skilful moments there is nothing about his game that makes him worth keeping. Imo.

Paterson was outstanding the first 2 months of the season, scoring goals & creating them.

He clearly wasn’t right when he was brought back into the side. I think it is very interesting that Pearson is repeatedly saying he will only bring players back when they are right, something Holden singularly failed to do with Hunt, Rowe & Paterson.

26 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Hes got a good cross that's it. Passing is awful. Marking us awful. Not good enough.

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Bang on!

I know for a fact and have been told by someone linked closely to the club that it became very cushty during Dean Holden’s tenure. Players could put in an easy shift on training day and still make the starting eleven.

And before anyone asks, I will not be disclosing the source.

That may be true but because of our injury woes it has been a long time since we had any serious competition for places anyway.

52 minutes ago, Superjack said:

What he has is pace, power and a bit of trickery.

What he doesn't have is the ability to finish or more importantly make the correct decision to cross, pass or shoot in the final third. Not something that can be corrected in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, M.D said:

Lacks footballing intelligence is what I think you're trying to say.

I think that can be learned, to an extent. Not in the same league but compare early ‘step overs’ Ronaldo with the later version. Considering Semenyo came very late to the game I would persevere for a little longer. 

You can’t learn that explosive ability to beat a man or burst through the lines, which he does have.

22 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

That's all of them though (apart from Bentley). My worry is that if we sell Fam, we don't really have anyone who knows where the goal is

How about using the money for offloading him and the other deadwood to get better players.

Archived