IGNORED

Who needs shipping out in the summer?

Alan Dicks

Just now, WECANDO said:

Hes got a good cross that's it. Passing is awful. Marking us awful. Not good enough.

I would say that is a bit harsh, although not without foundation.

He may just be off form, but it would help if we had someone else with his delivery from the flanks in open play.

Like I said, it's a tricky one.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Fam - yeh he scores but it’s like watching a sloth move through cement 

Lansbury- brings nothing to the team

baker - complete waste of wages 

hunt - lower side of average and too one footed

odowda - would only keep as a bench warmer 

Taylor Moore - never doubted his attitude and commitment but makes constant mistakes

adelakun- never plays

Helps when he's not injured. 

Ignoring that fact, I don't think he's good enough for where we want to be.

2 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

I think that can be learned, to an extent. Not in the same league but compare early ‘step overs’ Ronaldo with the later version. Considering Semenyo came very late to the game I would persevere for a little longer. 

You can’t learn that explosive ability to beat a man or burst through the lines, which he does have.

Fair point, and I hope you are right. But I have my doubts.

People have derided his cross that went sailing over everybody today. That didn't bother me as much as the opportunity before when he was close in on the left of the penalty area and chose to shoot into the near post (which the keeper smothered easily) with Famara and one other waiting in the centre for the drilled ball across. That was piss poor decision making and a prime example of everything wrong with Semenyo.

The following are out of contract in the summer, just for the record:

Defence:

1. Hunt
  2. Mariappa
  3. Baker
  4. Rowe

Midfield:

1. Walsh
  2. Lansbury

Wide areas:

1. Paterson
  2. Watkins
  3. Adelakun

Strikers/Forwards/Higher up:

1. Weimann
  2. Diedhiou

Loans of Mawson and Sessegnon expire.

Then you also have Hinds and Cundy- think the latter is out on loan and the former? No idea.

30 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

But I just don't think he isn't giving his all.

I do. Another poster makes a point about engaging opponents. He does not do this. He is saving himself.  He is saving himself to the detriment of the team. 

I think he does the same when we win and he scores.

And it is a low low standard to have in the XI = Its an easy ride, 60% is good enough ..

Yep.

That last bit is it.  I’m generous and call it going through the motions.

If we are accepting of this, then you accept performances like today.  If he was my centre-forward, I’d be going mad.

36 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Hunt is a tricky one for me. Probably our best crosser of the ball. Other failings for sure, but I think I would keep him overall if the deal was right.

He is one of the worst players at keeping possession that I have seen play for us. The slightest bit of pressure and he just kicks it anywhere. No way should he be given a new contract. 

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

He is one of the worst players at keeping possession that I have seen play for us. The slightest bit of pressure and he just kicks it anywhere. No way should he be given a new contract. 

To be fair, I was saying this about Palmer four games ago.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Defence:

1. Hunt
  2. Mariappa
  3. Baker
  4. Rowe

Midfield:

1. Walsh
  2. Lansbury

Wide areas:

1. Paterson
  2. Watkins
  3. Adelakun

1. Weimann
  2. Diedhiou

Then you also have Hinds and Cundy- think the latter is out on loan and the former? No idea.

EF066AA9-7144-4816-B8BC-71B4CC7A1DD1.thumb.jpeg.1043d61151bb9ad416cf5a2eee6f2b35.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Defence:

1. Hunt
  2. Mariappa
  3. Baker
  4. Rowe

Midfield:

1. Walsh
  2. Lansbury

Wide areas:

1. Paterson
  2. Watkins
  3. Adelakun

1. Weimann
  2. Diedhiou

Cundy on loan to Gillingham, Hinds Bath City (I think).

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Defence:

1. Hunt Get Rid.
  2. Mariappa Get Rid.
  3. Baker Offer a pay as you play bonus deal on a lower basic.
  4. Rowe Might be worth keeping as a utility player.

Midfield:

1. Walsh See how he fares between now and the end of the season.
  2. Lansbury Get Rid.

Wide areas:

1. Paterson Get Rid.
  2. Watkins Get Rid.
  3. Adelakun Get Rid.

1. Weimann Keep.
  2. Diedhiou Get Rid.

Loans of Mawson and Sessegnon expire. Thanks and bye bye.

As of now:

Harsh maybe but Pearson needs to be allowed to build his own squad and keeping too many of these "clubs in the bag" won't allow him that luxury. Retaining players who have failed to get us where we want to be is not the best way to get us where we want to be imo.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Miraculously raised his game against Boro, who were rumoured suitors this summer. Otherwise looks disinterested. I would drop him for the rest of the season but we are sadly short of options up front. 

With relegation looking highly unlikely surely now is the time to give the youngsters a try up front, leave fammy warming the bench. 

Personally I think our midfield needs an overhaul as well. I like the players but not one of them has a natural game to screen our back line either as a destroyer or a quarterback. It’s a real problem not having anyone who can do that to a decent standard. Brunt and, I suspect, Lansbury were brought in to do that... eugh.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As of now:

Harsh maybe but Pearson needs to be allowed to build his own squad and keeping too many of these "clubs in the bag" won't allow him that luxury. Retaining players who have failed to get us where we want to be is not the best way to get us where we want to be imo.

You can't change a majority of a squad and expect them to 'gel' (I hate that term) in time for a successful season. We have a fair number of quality championship players in the squad. Just needs a few additions in key areas and a quality manager with the right man-management and tactical nouse.

Liverpool are shit at the moment (much to my delight). Should Klopp bin off all of them?

Bad analogy maybe, because they have already achieved their goal, but there is a point there.

Just now, awbb said:

Personally I think our midfield needs an overhaul as well. I like the players but not one of them has a natural game to screen our back line either as a destroyer or a quarterback. It’s a real problem not having anyone who can do that to a decent standard. Brunt and, I suspect, Lansbury were brought in to do that... eugh.

Williams was the man brought in to give us a bit more grit in midfield.

If we want to move forward then a revamp of the forward line is needed. I think Diedhiou will be off anyway. Chris Martin was never going to play the amount of games he's had but now he's injured.

Semenyo lacks real composure in front of goal.

Mariappa was only ever going to be a stop gap. Is Taylor Moore good enough at this level? Maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Hunt is a tricky one for me. Probably our best crosser of the ball. Other failings for sure, but I think I would keep him overall if the deal was right.

Didn't we get warned about him when he signed from a Sheff Weds fan?

Ok going forward but lacks an awful lot in defence, a wing back but no right back..

I genuinely don't understand why Fam has become the scapegoat for our poor season. 

I get he hasn't signed a new contract but I don't blame him he was bumped down to 3rd / 4th choice striker at the start of the season so obviously not in the managers plans, under those circumstances he might as well move on.

He's never been quick or brilliant on the ball but for the past few seasons has been our top scorer. People say yeh but what else does he do but a strikers primary role is to score and he does that more than any other striker at the club.

We will miss him and it will cost a lot to get a better striker. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

May the lord help my blood pressure if we offer Pato a new deal. Been performing in one in ten for about 5 years. 

Stealing a living. 

He will do well in league 1 and be a stand out player, thats his level.

Just now, Superjack said:

You can't change a majority of a squad and expect them to 'gel' (I hate that term) in time for a successful season. We have a fair number of quality championship players in the squad. Just needs a few additions in key areas and a quality manager with the right man-management and tactical nouse.

Liverpool are shit at the moment (much to my delight). Should Klopp bin off all of them?

Bad analogy maybe, because they have already achieved their goal, but there is a point there.

Liverpool's squad is full of players who have "done it". Ours isn't...........not a similar comparison, in fact our squad is full of players who are proven "haven't done it" merchants, have let one Manager down and then let down the next........and guess what those same players will do to Nigel Pearson given time? I have little sympathy for players who earn thousands of pounds per week and at the drop of a hat have the power to say "I'm downing tools". I haven't forgotten what a number of these players have served up over recent months, 6-0 at Watford, three games without a corner, a shot on target rarer than rocking horse shit, football that as a fan you are embarrassed to be associated with, players who can't be arsed to sink a proper tackle not even out of frustration when we are getting mullered. I'm not forgetting any of that because whilst they didn't give a shit and still pick up their £25K or whatever it is they "earn" at the end of the month most of us were hurting as fans after each abject performance that was getting worse and worse. If they don't get offered a contract here then so be it. Thanks, goodbye and good luck. Enjoy oblivion.

I would be quite happy to see Pearson build a squad with a longer term aim rather than embark on a half-arsed, short termist, recruitment campaign designed to "try" and please impatient fans next season............and to hell with the consequences after that. We've tried that for a few years now and it hasn't worked. The recruitment "strategy" of Johnson/Ashton has set this club back significantly and hugely compounded by a nonsensical decision at Owner/ Board level to recruit an Assistant Manager who was wholly out of his depth (I hate that term but unfortunately it was true) and I don't want to see that repeated I know that much.

For the first time in years it feels like we have a REAL Manager running the show and surely as fans we have to give this bloke the necessary resources and most importantly time to get the job done properly.

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would add Weimann to that but the rest can go and Nige has plenty of room to build a squad.

For the right contract I would keep him. He would be on less money for me. I would imagine he would fine a better contact elsewhere. You can lump Pato into this category of contact offer, but you bet they will be looking at other opportunities. 

Just now, M.D said:

Didn't we get warned about him when he signed from a Sheff Weds fan?

Ok going forward but lacks an awful lot in defence, a wing back but no right back..

I don't know, did we?

Possibly a fair point if true. But as much as I hate the term 'clubs in the bag', we will need wing backs at the club if we are not going to be limited in formation options, and in my opinion we may as well have one of the best deliverers of the ball in the opponents half as one of them rather than splashing cash that we don't need to.

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would add Weimann to that but the rest can go and Nige has plenty of room to build a squad.

For the right contract I would keep him. He would be on less money for me. I would imagine he would fine a better contact elsewhere. You can lump Pato into this category of contact offer, but you bet they will be looking at other opportunities. 

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Archived